Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast Leveling tips for returning player ?

andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89

Hey guys I'm a returning player , got a life sub when it was released , I want to come back to play the content I never finished at the time but with a new character / Class . Got kinda burnt out with my Captain class and found him a chore to play at later level.

I was wondering does anyone who has done the the same have any tips for leveling a New character fast up to say Moria / Mirkwood level ? I not not one of these people that rushes through content but I also dont really want to slog it out through all the earlier content that I have already done a few times now .

I know there have been alot of changes since I last played , so any tips on a good fun classes to to play probably mostly Solo at later level would also be appreciated.  :)

I know there have been alot of changes since I last played , so any tips on good I

Comments

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542

I levelled my Champion very quickly starting as a noob. There was some help from outside - one good player gave me Medium and Heavy class armor and I had some fights when i was helped.

Overall - do quests, there are many of them for all combat levels (not sure about the crafting). And if you have patience - grind for Deeds, they grant you Turbine Points and some cool titles. Some are "find X place" type, some are "kill N monsters, then kill Nx2 monsters" type". Example: kill 30 spiders for title "ABC land adventurer", then "Kill 60 spiders for ABC land adventurer (advanced).

However, my knowledge is limited to lvl. 20 only - after lvl.18 paid content begins.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Actually with the Lone-Lands being free you can make it up to the 30's now.

After you hit lvl 20 you can start doing skirmishes.  It'll get mind-numbing doing the same over and over again but the XP is good.  Also as a VIP you should have/get free TP's each month which will help you to buy different skirmishes.

Warden's a fairly good choice; little bit ranged with thier javelin's, mini-tank, and good DPS.  Also one of the nicer solo plays.  Guardian will let you wade into your targets but with a lower DPS it'll take awhile to kill them off.  Champion's not too bad with a high-DPS, you'll just have to watch close and self heal more often.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

A quick way to level used to be to do the Gondemon skirmish, park your guy next to Mathi and get a bannerguy (that attacks and heals).

Unfortunately though, they changed how skirmishes give xp. Used to be you got a big flat bonus. Now that bonus scales to your level. Which helps at higher levels but hurts at lower, where you could go up a level pretty much in one skirmish.

So to answer your question, not really.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Some preorder versions of the upcoming "Riders of Rohan" expansion include a flat 25% boost to all of your XP gains for your characters through L75 (Legendary Ed, I think from a token.) There are also items in the cash shop that you can buy to boost XP gains further. Oherwise, you are stuck grinding it out a quest at a time.

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170

If you just want to level, skirmishes are the quickest way. To be honest the game is so easy now with pretty much any character it's very quick to level doing almost anything. I'm back playing my Minstrel, he's 67, to level up to 75 to take advantage of the forthcoming Rohan expansion and stuff i've missed after I went away. I'm loving it again, but my character just creams everything in his path, 4 or 5 mobs at a time, without even needing to use his healing abilities. It's pretty amazing how easy and fast it is to solo now in LOTRO.

• ThestacheThestache Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by MMOSavant

If you just want to level, skirmishes are the quickest way. To be honest the game is so easy now with pretty much any character it's very quick to level doing almost anything. I'm back playing my Minstrel, he's 67, to level up to 75 to take advantage of the forthcoming Rohan expansion and stuff i've missed after I went away. I'm loving it again, but my character just creams everything in his path, 4 or 5 mobs at a time, without even needing to use his healing abilities. It's pretty amazing how easy and fast it is to solo now in LOTRO.

+1 have a 55 Minstrel, same thing. 

One thing that I have noticed is, I just started in Moria, and am noticing it seems like XP is coming fast and furious. Quests are close together, not much running and they appear pretty easy. I have very limited play time and even 4 leveles above the quests, I have moved 1/2 a level in a very short amount of time.