Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will You Subscribe Thread

Comments

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Yep bought a lifetime sub last week so going to jump between gw2 and tsw.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Originally posted by Zylaxx In a word its got the same exact endgame as any other WoW/Rift/SWTOR clone. 
    Dont forget GW2 too

But that would not be accurate, only inflammatory.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Will be staying at least one more month, wait and see what they do with the content update. Still really enjoying the game so might as well stick around for a while.

Probably stick around until PS2 launches, then i'll have to see how much time i have to play TSW which will pretty much decide if i keep my sub going.

GW2 can come and go for all i care, a handy syphon for all the internet asshats.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• eskelaeskela Member Posts: 39

I bought lifetime 4 days ago. :) I find this game definately worth it, I spent nearly 3 years in Aion paying for game which didn't compell me like TSW did - and I knew Aion wasn't my game in Nov 2009. Why the hell TSW would be worse than Aion? :D

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

I wll totally sub...when it becomes f2p next year. 

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

I'll give it another month, but if they don't fix these bugs it won't be for long. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• TjommisTjommis Member UncommonPosts: 225

Have played casually since start and is nowhere near the end of the content yet. Will keep on subscribing for atleast a few  months.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Vannor

I can't justify paying a sub with GW2 so close. It's that simple. When I'm a bit bored with GW2 and feel I need something different I 'might' resub for a month or two to check out all the new content added (if it seems worth it). But with GW and Neverwinter on the way I don't think I will be pulled back to a sub based MMO anytime soon.

I feel the exact same way. I cancelled the 2 other sub games I was carrying in anticipation of GW2 too.

• ShmackpappyShmackpappy Member Posts: 75
    Enjoying myself so will stay subscribed. At least for now. It is refreshingly different.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

No. I have already canceled my subscription. I enjoyed the PVE quests (aside from bugs) and consider them to be the strong suit of the game. However, the main activity you engage in is combat and it’s just missing “something” in my opinion. It’s passable but not really fun and I found myself dreading it sometimes while trying to get to the next quest goal. I was also annoyed with the digital download and cash shop purchases I made entailing an international transaction fee applied as an addition to my credit card bill (USA / VISA.) 

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

The last thing I need is another MMO to play, but as far as themeparks go, this is the best one I've played in a very long time.

Will sub for a while.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Still playing, would like to see some open world dungeons added.  Game has limitations/flaws, and I am not too into the playing dungeons on different levels and that being content, but I will be subbing another month.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

probably not. Single player games are so much farthur along than mmo's its hard for me to get into them any more. TSW really has a decent story(at least from my limited beta), but it looked so wonky as far as animations, and mmo'es have a tendency to draw a story out so much that you lose interest in it(swtor did this in epic fashion, by the time I got to the end of three of the four class quests, I didn't care anymore).

I don't know when mmo'es will finally make a next gen game, with excellent graphics, and top notch story from start to finish. Maybe with the size of mmo'es its just impossible, I'm not sure. However, TSW has had the most decent story in my history playing, and gw2 has the most fun game play, but I'm getting to that point, where I want all of it to be good from the get go?

Than again, I'm getting old, and starting to dislike most things lol.

If your into story,(especially one that feels like it was written for adults) than I would sub to TSW.

• KerravonKerravon Member UncommonPosts: 6

Won't be subbing.

I play 2-3 hours a day. Finished the main story of the game. Done all the quests once or more.  Have 50% completion on the abilities. Maxed out all the weapon skills on both tracks. Have some of the pvp epics. And I'm pretty much done with the content.

I could continue the gear grind that is the end game by doing the same dungeons over and over again on hard settings but no thanks. Even if I did. Then what? 

It was worth buying though I had a lot of fun playing it. I simply ran out of content.

Would you pay for a single player game that lasted 40+ hours? Well worth checking out.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

No I won't be resubbing.

just quit the game, had a lot of fun but when you have full purple/epic QL10 gear with,  purple signets in each piece and have nearly 60 % skill wheel completed and 1100+ ap and 28million pax and nothing to spend it on, the game gets very boring very quickly.  There is PVP but that needs a lot fixing from a map design point.  Fusan gets quite boring.   Overall a fun 3-4 week adventure and worth the money.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

I'm out also. I don't believe in paying a company 15 bucks a month that can't even get text chat working correctly. Enjoy the game , and the money isn't a big issues for me , it's more the idea of I don't want to support a company that can't get basics working correctly.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Eh, dont think so.

really liked the game, but I played way to much, almost done transylvania (really, really cant get into the area just not as interesting as kingsmouth and Egypt), done all the elites several times and I dont care that much for the pvp.  I prefer more large scale, siege type pvp with a win/lose condition, Fusang?, its just ring around the rosy, here's hoping GW2 scratches that itch.

Nothing against the game, It was worth the box price.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

I'm out also. I don't believe in paying a company 15 bucks a month that can't even get text chat working correctly. Enjoy the game , and the money isn't a big issues for me , it's more the idea of I don't want to support a company that can't get basics working correctly.

This was the final straw for me as well. When everything is working, I enjoy myself, but I get tired of having to reset my UI because of not being able to click on obects in my inventory. That was the only advice I got from a CR who had the gall to tell me that since this was a new problem, it must be a graphical issue on my end. Funny how I've never had this many issues in the six months I played TOR. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47

my 30 days  of game  time are up on  aug 2  .. thats  it for me  .. the  game is  nice but the  lvl  grind is  just  too much .. and also i  got the  game for the  3 frac pvp but  .. really  if your not  QL 10 its pretty usless ... i agree with OP statement about to much CC in pvp also  . the  game  just  feels  like a  big  tread mill  ... what  with having to  run the  same  quest  over  and over  .. too much for me ....bring on the  fun  GW 2

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I won't be subscribing, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the game. I just don't think I want to spend the money on a sub any longer. I can get 'enough' game play from other games without paying anything extra on top of the box price.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

Not going to sub myself , it was fun for a few weeks but with all the odd bugs, poor crafting system, bad pvp setup I lost interest  already.

The odd thing was I was going to wait for a few months to play but one of my sons was playing so he bought me a copy so we could play togther and then he quit after the frist week or so. 

I am currently questing in the blue mountains ,but killing zombies is getting old very fast.

I will say the game looks great  and I really enjoyed Kingsmouth zone but when i hit Savage coast  I started  going ... meh

• jenseajensea Member UncommonPosts: 47

I took my time, so I haven't finished the story yet. But nevertheless, I don't think I'll resub.

I do love the game. But I hate spamming LFG. And the chat bug has killed off a lot of early initiatives like the Explorers and other groups I was interested in. Plus, I really don't enjoy spending too much time researching builds and it seems that there's a lot of that required. Or maybe that's just me. But my character feels weaker than I'd like.

I might come back when GW2 has grown stale. By then, there should be a working LFG, squished bugs, go-to sites for build ideas, and more content.

• LockthileLockthile Member Posts: 11

Reading many of your thoughts here, I can't help to think AND ask:

how did this game get almost 8,8 score? Over 1 whole point ahead of 2nd place? Just curious.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

I played the main Beta enwhich i cleared all content that was available (which is a vast majority of the quests and half the story quests) and i will be subbing. i have not enjoyed my time with a game nearly as much as i have with TSW, its just so free. you can really play your character, not your version of a hunter or a warrior. sure it is heavy questing based and buggy. anyone who thought this game would launch smoothly doesnt know Funcoms track record. i knew even when entering the beta that the game would have bugs, so i ignore them.

When it comes to funcom you need to expect 2 things. They will have a bad launch, and it will get much better with time. AoC does apply to that aswell as anyone who has recently played the game can attest to.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

It's really sad there's so little to keep you going in this game once the story is over.

If you enjoy instanced dungeons I guess you can keep playing for that but I really don't.

This game just has no endgame, at least none that appeals to me. Gear grind alone is so has been...

Again , very sad, I totally could've seen myself sticking with this game for a long time, if only there was something worthwhile to do.

No professions to level up (I find the crafting unengaging and useless), no world PvP or any meaningful PvP for that matter, no political system, no mini games, no auction house, very small world with no reason to go back once you've completed the quests (other than repeating the same 7 signet quests every 3 days).

This game is very shallow.