Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Bought NF and EotN, Can't log in.

zanebergeronzanebergeron Member UncommonPosts: 80

So I thought I have a month to play to try to get some items for GW2, so I buy Nightfall and Eye.

I goto log in and it tells me the account is wrong.

I tried with my login for master account, I've tried my email account tied to my master...tried xxxxx@ncsoft and still can NOT get the stupid thing to let me in.

I have checked codes, I have checked support, even made sure the servers weren't down...I am pissed.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others
WATCHING:EQ Next : Wildstar:Archage :WoD
WISHING FOR: A UO Remake
HAPPILY PLAYING ONLINE SINCE 97.

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

How long has it been since you created the account? sometimes they don't activate instantly

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Send an email to support they will help you out. I had this issue after not logging in for like 4 years and they helped me out. I gave them as much info as I could and then they reset my pw told me my log in etc...They are pretty quick with responses. Although not sure how fast on a saturday but they might be able to resolve it fast for you. I actually just had to talk to them again 2 weeks ago and they were responding within 10 minutes of my emails I was shocked.

[email protected]     they should be quick!

• zanebergeronzanebergeron Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Vannor

How long has it been since you created the account? sometimes they don't activate instantly

The account was created when I prepurchased GW2.  I have been in 3 BWEs just fine.  No matter what I try it is telling me that we do not recognize your account log in info.,

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|
    PLAYED UO:SWG:EQ2:GW:WoW:CoH:Lotro:AoC:Vanguard:Horizons:RIFT:swtor:Shadowbane and I'm sure a few others

Originally posted by zanebergeron

The account was created when I prepurchased GW2.  I have been in 3 BWEs just fine.  No matter what I try it is telling me that we do not recognize your account log in info.,

Yeh but how long ago did you apply your new GW1 keys is what I meant. Doesn't matter that the account was already created. For some people it can take a few hours for their login for GW1 to start working when starting a new 'game' account.

Some people also login with @PlayNC at the end, if you havn't tried that. Your  GW1 login name should be viewable when you log into your master NCSoft account though. If it isn't working then there's possibly a problem or you just have to wait a bit longer for it to activate.

You're leaving the character name field blank right?

• darkcrevicedarkcrevice Member UncommonPosts: 5

this might be a stupid question but did you only buy nightfall and eotn

do you have gw 1? the original

Originally posted by darkcrevice

You don't need the original. They are all standalone except EotN, which requires you have any one of the others.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

Im not sure how you register your new Guild Wars 1 keys.

Maybe you try to add to a existing Guild Wars account, but as I understand it you don't have an existing Guild Wars 1 account, you have an existing Guild Wars 2 account.

If so I think you must create a new guild wars 1 account.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

yeah you have to have the orginal GWs to play prophecies . If thats not the issue most emails for GW1 now have @ncsoft instead of your email that has given me grief when i would forget before. If thats not it contact support but make sure you actually underline its guild wars 1 i sent in stuff to them and 5 emails later they were still sending me pasted comments about guild wars 2 after i repeatively told them GW1

Where did he say he was trying to play prophecies? You DO NOT need prophecies to play EotN.

"Eye of the North is a traditional expansion on any of the existing campaigns"

That's from the official Wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Eye_of_the_North

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

You don't need the original. They are all standalone except EotN, which requires you have any one of the others.

YOU NEED THE ORIGINAL FOR HALL OF MONUMENTS THOUGH.

Originally posted by Istavaan

YOU NEED THE ORIGINAL FOR HALL OF MONUMENTS THOUGH.

lol no you don't

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

From http://www.arena.net/blog/john-stummes-guide-to-the-hall-of-monuments

In order to get started, you’ll need two things: any one of the original Guild Wars campaigns—Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall as well as the Eye of the North expansion.

Originally posted by Nasa

Maybe you try to add to a existing Guild Wars account, but as I understand it you don't have an existing Guild Wars 1 account, you have an existing Guild Wars 2 account.

The keys are already registered to my NC Master account.  It automatically did it when I bought them from NCSoft.

I am just getting more pissed by the minute, why they must make it so difficult to get into a game.

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

From http://www.arena.net/blog/john-stummes-guide-to-the-hall-of-monuments

In order to get started, you’ll need two things: any one of the original Guild Wars campaigns—Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall as well as the Eye of the North expansion.

exactly

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

The keys are already registered to my NC Master account.  It automatically did it when I bought them from NCSoft.

I am just getting more pissed by the minute, why they must make it so difficult to get into a game.

Have you found out exactly what your GW1 login name is by logging into you master NCSoft account? (don't say what it is or anything..)

It will be the name next to GW1 helmet icon.

Have you found out exactly what your GW1 login name is by logging into you master NCSoft account? (don't say what it is or anything..)

Yep, I have tried xxxxx@ncsoft just as it says on my master. 

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

On your master account does it say the account type is 'standard' and the account status is 'playable'?

On your master account does it say the account type is 'standard' and the account status is 'playable'?

Yep it is standard and playable

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

I'd just email [email protected] then and hope they get to you quickly.

Or use this web form:

https://help.ncsoft.com/app/ask

Form will probably be best cos then it goes straight to the account management team. I'd send to both though.

You might find this forum post useful as well:

https://forum.guildwars.com/forum/forums/accounts/How-do-I-contact-Support

• GamayunGamayun Member CommonPosts: 73

If you logged in GW2 without a problem, but you can't login into GW1, just one question:

Did you change your password? 

I had a similar problem, only I couldn't enter GW2 BWE after I changed the password to my GW account in GW1.

No matter what I did, I couldn't enter during a BWE (the error I got was saying that my account/password were not valid, sadly I don't remember the exact wording. My partner logged into his GW2 account without problems, BTW, so it wasn't a problem about the servers or the page not being up yet - the message for trying to login while there are no events is different.)

It didn't even help that I changed the password for my account (updated to my new password) on the official GW2 forums site too (I couldn't login, since I kept receiving the same message about invalid account, so I had to use the "Forgot password" option).

At the same time I could still enter GW1 and the NCSoft page without any problem.

The only thing that solved the issue was resetting the password (through GW1 interface) to what it was previously.

I'm assuming they're still having problems transfering all account data between GW1 and GW2. 

They really should fix this at least before launch. 

Support should help you.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

Hang on, you've played gw before right? You are aware of the security feature were you need to name one of your characters on the character name section on the login screen yeah?

If you can't remember that, then your support ticket should say you can't remember your character name and they'll ask you some questions to prove who you are....

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

like I said before I had this issue and emailed [email protected] and they helped me out and got me everything I needed to log in. Just send them an email they will certainly help you out.

Originally posted by Omnifish

Hang on, you've played gw before right? You are aware of the security feature were you need to name one of your characters on the character name section on the login screen yeah?

If you can't remember that, then your support ticket should say you can't remember your character name and they'll ask you some questions to prove who you are....

No I have not played GW before, I just bought them today from NCsoft store. Everything should be set the way it is supposed to be. And I have sent a support ticket, unfortunately I guess I will have to wait until monday when they open

CURRENTLY PLAYING |GW2|

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Shot in the dark here, but are you sure its @ncsoft? Cuz that's not what mine is. Mine is @plaync. Course my account is many years old, so that could be why.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

Shot in the dark here, but are you sure its @ncsoft? Cuz that's not what mine is. Mine is @plaync. Course my account is many years old, so that could be why.

Ya, it's usually either @plaync, or in my case it's the email I created the account with.