Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

General: This Week at ChinaJoy

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

This week marks the massive Chinese gaming convention, ChinaJoy. We've got a short preview of things we hope to see coming out of ChinaJoy. Keep reading!

There are game conventions and then there is ChinaJoy. Shanghai’s massive super show that highlights all of the game companies in the Eastern market. There are some great things about ChinaJoy that a lot of Western players may not realize. It is definitely a business show which allows Western and Eastern development teams to meet and discuss the future of games in a completely different culture.

Read more of Garrett Fuller's This Week at ChinaJoy.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member

Im sorry but if you had China Joy and E3 open up at the exact same time right next to each other. More people would attend E3 hands down.

Now if this was the case with Blizzcon China Joy would win.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,214Member Uncommon

I would like news from ChinaJoy and Gamescon as well.  More info is better and understanding the global strategy behind publishers and their business models defnitely interests me.

• SebaliSebali Staten Island, NYPosts: 392Member Uncommon

you really should change the title of this story. it leads one to believe you would, ya know, actually be talking about things going on this week at chinajoy.

this whole story can be summed up into

"chinajoy is the biggest gaming show in china and perhaps the world. it also has booth babes"

thats it.

end of story.

give me soe actual info from the show.

what games will be shown, what companies will be there. any rumors about things that may be there.

something, anything.

this story was, well, not a story.

• KonfessKonfess Dallas, TXPosts: 953Member Uncommon

E3 is a retail trade show. It is about getting product on store shelves.  Having the public there may prove what is trending and popular with the public.  But the share volume of people who interfere with the business of sales and marketing of entertainment products to Retailers and only Retailers.  Keep the Booth Babes, and say no to the fanbois/otaku at E3.

Why no links to ChinaJoy?  No luv for non-advertisers?

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.

• RohnRohn Saint Peters, MOPosts: 3,740Member Uncommon

Language is a barrier, no doubt.  Would like to hear more about what went on.

As an example, Snail Games apparently put out some information about Age of Wushu/Wulin at ChinaJoy about their beta dates:

http://en.178.com/201207/137287657573.html

I'd bet there was a lot of other info available as well that might be of interest here.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• lotapartylotaparty taxila canttPosts: 514Member

now china is gonna take mmorpg industry too? i refuse to play games now . next they will ask to give them the tower of liberty and they will paint it with red communism