Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When will people cry GW2 is dead?

12346»

Comments

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Thane
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by Thane

you want open pvP? why? where did it ever work?

It works in EVE.

On topic, I'll cry GW2 is dead when Guild Wars 4 is released for the iPad 15

lol. seriously? it works in eve? how many subs do they have again? :)

if CCP would be EA, it would be a fail. they arent tho. they can live with the little subs they got.

So you say they have few subs, and go on to say that the number of subs they have is plenty....oooook.

How many subs will GW2 have herpaderp.  EVE is a financial success, GW2 likely will be as well.

But to answer you, yes, seriously, it works in EVE, to the point where they grow in subs every year, something even WoW can't claim.

true however it is quite possibly the only open pvp system that truely works.

• bbbmmmlllbbbmmmlll Member Posts: 79

It will be years. The core game is solid and they have years of additonal content and features planned. ArenaNet did a great job of keeping GW1 going.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by sinloi

true however it is quite possibly the only open pvp system that truely works.

That's because it's not full open PvP, and CCP themself admited the majority of their players never leave the higher security areas.

CCP simply managed to successfully protect people who don't feel like doing PvP at a specific moment, and that's why they succeeded. Let open PvP run wild, and it will take over the game and transform it from a sandbox into a gankfest (see DFO and MO for examples).

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

People are "crying" that WoW is dead for almost 8 years now... what do you expect?

Ah then this is the point then. TY What do I expect? I expect people will cry that GW2 is dead about 3 month as stated in my OP thanks again.

You still didn't answer his question... what do you hope to accomplish with this thread.

• Chase187666Chase187666 Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

And the point of this thread is? Help me out here, because I don't see one.

This. Seems like the OP is contradicting themself, no?

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Speaking for myself I still don't know what class to START with. One might level to 80 fast,speeding through the game but the question I have for all is how many of us who will play gw2 are planning on only playng one race, one class, one character?

Think about it.....

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Speaking for myself I still don't know what class to START with. One might level to 80 fast,speeding through the game but the question I have for all is how many of us who will play gw2 are planning on only playng one race, one class, one character?

Think about it.....

Same thought. Yes think about it. Some have said that people will rush to 80 then come back and say the that GW2 is dead because of lack of end game etc but come on now if a person want a lvl 80 right off the bat asap well good for them I can think of a very good reason to rush a 80 and that is so when you start on your alt you can slow down smell the roses of the game also if you are on a pvp server then you can have your 80 rdy to defend your alts from gankers.

So I cant see someone saying that they will call GW2 dead after they rushed a 80.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

lol eve may be a success but its also listed as the worst community of mmorpgs currently with one of the worst companies. Just a couple of months ago some of these same posters were bashing eve because that idiot fan meet where that player actted like a moron and hurt some guys feelings getting him banned or whatever. Also on these boards regularly you have people saying how eve is just a gank fest for new players whom just quit.

Also on topic guild wars 1 is a success still to this date even though i think the graphics suck the gameplay is TERRIBLE and its just a bad game and never has been very good (IMO) its considered to be the second most successful mmo style game since wow with what 7 mil sold . I do not think your going to see GW2 threads here about it dying as its going to constantly have a stream of new players moving in checking out the content then moving back out if they do not like it. With a game thats buy to play and return whenever you like , the amount of hatred is going to be less because most people will not feel like they got ripped off. The hype anyways for a lot of us here have lived up to our expectations as we never saw the game as the be all end all game. If you anything GW2 allows you to play that game and if your on a budget a second mmorpg for when you are a little burned out of GW2.

Also OP you comment on the community here , yes its jaded but go post this in the GW2 forums and see you do not get the same responces. Better yet go to the Rift forums and post Rift is dead and see how many people threaten to kill your mouse feed your cat to your dog and other things i care not mention. Same with WOW , EQ2, any game where there is a fan base. You post topics that are inciting flames your going to flamed yourself anywhere you post this stuff.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'm fairly certain it won't take long, as a certain segment of posters simply equates their dislikes to a fail all around regardless of the truth. Such an outcome is inevitable.

I must say far too many responders in this thread failed to grasp the question the OP was asking, which is boggling. Some going as far as assuming he's putting GW2 down or setting up an I told you so. Me thinks they didn't read the actual post and are responding to a thread title and the first sentence containing "TOR".

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Distopia

I'm fairly certain it won't take long, as a certain segment of posters simply equates their dislikes to a fail all around regardless of the truth. Such an outcome is inevitable.

I must say far too many responders in this thread failed to grasp the question the OP was asking, which is boggling. Some going as far as assuming he's putting GW2 down or setting up an I told you so. Me thinks they didn't read the actual post and are responding to a thread title and the first sentence containing "TOR".

TYimage

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

I suppose a new xfire thread will created once it is released.

• WhyhateWhyhate Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by cronius77

lol eve may be a success but its also listed as the worst community of mmorpgs currently with one of the worst companies. Just a couple of months ago some of these same posters were bashing eve because that idiot fan meet where that player actted like a moron and hurt some guys feelings getting him banned or whatever. Also on these boards regularly you have people saying how eve is just a gank fest for new players whom just quit.

Seriously? listed by who?

Because the last time i played, it didn't seem like it.

If anything, it has a much better community than in games lol WOW, SWTOR, Rift, etc etc, where most of it's players are 14 year olds who never say a word or general chat trolls, in EvE you can actually talk to people and do more things than just killing stuff,

EvE does have a step learning curve, it's not for everyone that's for sure, but that isn't bad, it's actually great, it's the only MMO at the moment that has a bit of complexity.... if someone complains that they got ganked in EvE... well... EvE is not for them, instead of crying like if the game was a casual quest grinder with nothing to do, they should join a CORP or research what they can do to stop getting ganked.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

This thread is basically just asking for trouble, and it delivered. Locked.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.