Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any upcoming AAA MMOs with potential?

12346»

Comments

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

a completly feel the same  im bored to death with these so called mmos and the combat system is the same old crap we been playing for years and years whitch i hate  ug i do enjoy battlefield 3 but sometimes i need a break from it and you should try dragons dogma its a nice chainge but not multi player

• WhyhateWhyhate Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by quicknuts

a completly feel the same  im bored to death with these so called mmos and the combat system is the same old crap we been playing for years and years whitch i hate  ug i do enjoy battlefield 3 but sometimes i need a break from it and you should try dragons dogma its a nice chainge but not multi player

Im on the same boat, but at least i get some weeks maybe a month or 2 of fun with every themepark, SWTOR was fun for a month, TSW for 2 weeks, now GW2 looks like a solid 1 month filler.

Heard great things about Dragon Dogma, but im still waiting for the GOTY edition to play it with all the DLCs.

• LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by tixylix

I had my hopes on SWTOR and GW2 but they both suck and I know the GW2 fanbois will come along like they do with any MMO before launch but I just thought it was more of the same. Just looking at the list I cannot find anything, been trying MMOs since SWG was ruined in 2005 and I haven't found one I've liked in seven years nearly now. The best way to describe it is in the FPS genre and how they're all COD now, every game is just trying to be COD and it's so boring that I don't bother with them. The same thing with MMOS, every MMO is just trying to be WoW with a gimmick that makes it slightly different. The only MMO out there right now that is any different is EVE Online but that's all about unfair fights so doesn't appeal to me. 

And than rabid GW2 funboys came and completely ruined your thread ;)

Regarding your OP, hope we will not wait for too long, maybe some mad indie team already working on it as we speak but I can't see anything on horizon, not yet.

---
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

What I don't understand is this "obsession" from people wanting non-mainstream features and AAA production budgets in the same game. Can't happen, won't happen, forget about it. It's like asking for a sports car that can double-up as truck. No deal.

If you're looking for a seemless world, for group content, for travel that matters, for death penalties then you're not looking for a mainstream game. But only mainstream games have AAA production budgets.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Originally posted by Larsa

What I don't understand is this "obsession" from people wanting non-mainstream features and AAA production budgets in the same game. Can't happen, won't happen, forget about it. It's like asking for a sports car that can double-up as truck. No deal.

If you're looking for a seemless world, for group content, for travel that matters, for death penalties then you're not looking for a mainstream game. But only mainstream games have AAA production budgets.

You are making the same mistake. You are asking for logic, reasoning and matureness in an internet forum.

• LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by freston

You are making the same mistake. You are asking for logic, reasoning and matureness in an internet forum.

There is logic in both statements, there is reason for debate and certainly we are all mature more than enough. ;)

---
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

This won't stop happening because that what people want. 

If you want to have cold-facts very meritum discussion without emotions clouding judgement then you need to look for smaller more specialized / proffesional / game dev  forums, instead of trying to demand that on mainstream huge public forums.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

nothing!play farmville!huge amount of people play it!

• WhyhateWhyhate Member Posts: 41

But you never played them, they haven't been implemented yet, how could you know that?? 

Please, show me an AA video with over the top animations, please!