Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hero's Journey: Exclusive Screens, Week #21

Simutronics continues their weekly screenshot assault with two of the prettiest images to date. Today they show off some new characters, locations and interesting lighting in the 21st edition of our weekly screenshot series.

image image

Thank you to Simutronics for making this possible!

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722

wow the screen shots look amazing

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

This game is as visually appealing as any I have ever seen. Positively breathtaking. Top drawer.

The question is, how deep is it? How long can you play it before you run out of things to do? I am still wanting an answer to that. Assuming you play a few hours every evening, approximately how many days, weeks or months to experience the game content?

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TailgunnerTailgunner Member Posts: 7

Simu has the finest and most dedicated paid and volunteer staff I've ever seen in this arena. They've got the crew to not only breathe life into one of the finest graphical mmorpgs available, but to give it heart. While I can't speak for everyone, I've been playing their text-based games since the mid 90's and I fully expect to be finding new things to enjoy about this one 10 years from now.

~TG, et al.

P.S. Lemme in already!! image

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Wow, those screens are the best I've seen in any game to date. I'm amazed they are comming from an MMO and not an FPS. It's too bad Simu's forums are so horribly disorganized that I can't stand to read them, or I'd let them know in person. lol.

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599
    Well they do swing by and read these forumes, so you just let them know :)
  • SIMU-MELISSASIMU-MELISSA Hero's Journey ProducerMember Posts: 57
    We do indeed.  Thanks for the kind words. :)
  • Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515
    Quick question: Are those royal guards for some ruler? Their outfits are very cool.

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

Nope.  I built that outfit with our character manager. :)  YOu could build one like that too ... or build it differently. ;)

Melissa

• EndemondiaEndemondia Member Posts: 231
    So the image is of a player character...now I am impressed...how in depth is the customisation for players? Will also be in depth customisation of  weapons/artifacts as well as clothing/armour?
  • icecrossicecross Member Posts: 78

Niiice.... But what is with the woman's hands? They look crippled ::::35:: But otherwise really promising!

I have seen no character manager more in-depth than our own.  (It's possible one is out there.  I just haven't seen it.)

We will have fewer races than many MMOs to start, but you can fully customize the appearance of features, clothing, items, and pets.  And we've begun to put in control over body types.

• RaenzRaenz Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Would you happen to be looking for artists? image

-Raenz-

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Wow... the detail is simply amazing!

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    meh, in the second image it looks like the knight is pasted ontop of the screen or something. I sure hope they blend nicer with the enviorment in the retail version.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by Raenz
    Would you happen to be looking for artists? image

HJ Artist Application

• SIMU-SKIPPYSIMU-SKIPPY Simutronics DevMember Posts: 28

Originally posted by SIMU-MELISSA

I have seen no character manager more in-depth than our own.  (It's possible one is out there.  I just haven't seen it.)
    We will have fewer races than many MMOs to start, but you can fully customize the appearance of features, clothing, items, and pets.  And we've begun to put in control over body types.

I'm pretty sure they just got caught at a strange angle.  In motion, they look fine. image

Skippy

The affect of character's not appearing attatched to their environment is caused by the lack of shadows.

But ...

You guys get to see those next week.

Hope you enjoy!

Originally posted by icecross

Niiice.... But what is with the woman's hands? They look crippled ::::35:: But otherwise really promising!

I'm pretty sure they just got caught at a strange angle.  In motion, they look fine. image

Skippy

(edit: Quoted the wrong post. image)

• JazcatJazcat Member Posts: 15

Sorry to put a damper on all the praise but the knights head looks too big and out of proportion to his body, it's not because of the helm he's wearing...

But on a good note this is my NO.1 anticipated mmorpg the visuals look outstanding and I cannot wait to see it progress more, seems like the release is a lifetime away but i'll be there waiting :)

Originally posted by Jazcat

Sorry to put a damper on all the praise but the knights head looks too big and out of proportion to his body, it's not because of the helm he's wearing...

It's not a damper at all.  It's just possible to achieve that effect with our character manager.

Some people have big heads...some people have normal heads...some people have small heads.

Some people have no heads...but that's getting more into combat...  image

Skippy

• kingsatchmokingsatchmo Member Posts: 127
    Those screens are amazing, this game will be graphically stunning.

• Agent_X7Agent_X7 Staff WriterMember, Newbie CommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by SIMU-SKIPPY

Originally posted by Jazcat

It's not a damper at all.  It's just possible to achieve that effect with our character manager.

Some people have big heads...some people have normal heads...some people have small heads.

Some people have no heads...but that's getting more into combat...  image

Skippy

That is amazing. Your game has the level of customizable detail that Everquest 2 should have shipped with. Character customization is one of the subjects I always harp on, so you guys have made major points in my book. image

Agent_X7 AKA J Star
    [/URL]image
    Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• NSXDavidNSXDavid Simutronics PresidentMember Posts: 21

Actually, the head is in proportion... it's an illusion brought about by two things... the helm for one, it really is big... and the dark footwear which makes him look a tad shorter than he really is. We can take a shot of him with the helm off to show. :)

-- David

• pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443

I have to say, im really pleasantly surprised by the level of involvement shown by the heros journey staff. I just wish you would reveal some details about the pvp..

• KiarisKiaris Member Posts: 2

Hands down, there is no MMO in existance today that I am more excited about than Hero's Journey. I get more and more excited with each Screen Shot. ^_^