Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Public Stress Test Weekend #3 is this Weekend

mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119

In case someone is interested in checking out this game, this weekend is public stress test. 

https://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-07-23/weekend3

http://www.pathofexile.com/publicweekend/

Comments

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

In case anyone is wondering: Total DL size of the client is just over 4Gb. Speed and stability from dl-server was fine.

Looking forward to trying a templar :)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Do people that have the client from the older open beta weekend have to download the entire 4 GB?

I'm reluctant to participate in this game as it is until the game launches as character wipes suck.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

Do you know if they are going to wipe all characters at release even for those who bought early access?

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

The client indeed does update properly.  I tried a witch for a little while and I asked if there would be characters wipes on release.  I didn't get an official response but some stated that you'd be reduced to level 1 and lose all items.  The only good thing about that would be that you'd get to keep your character names.

I personally have a very hard time getting into this game. The art direction and slow/boring combat (at low levels at least) really just isn't interesting at all.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773
    Originally posted by Honner

Do you know if they are going to wipe all characters at release even for those who bought early access?

One of the admins just confirmed in global that all inventory will be wiped and all chars reset to lvl 1 before launch.

Everyone who created one or more chars during betas will be able to keep their char names this way.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)