Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Headed to Gamescom 2012

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Red 5 Studios has announced that a new version of Firefall will be making its debut at the annual GamesCom to be held in Cologne, Germany on August 16-19. The new version of the game will contain new features and enhancements based on closed beta tester feedback.

Among new features being shown at Gamescom as part of Firefall’s upcoming update are new tier-based character progression, a new resource mining and crafting system, the new Garage and customizable loadout system, the ground-breaking Firefall eSports toolkit, and the latest open world and PvP content that includes new areas and dynamic events. These, along with the launch of the EU servers, promise a whole new gaming experience to European fans. Gamescom visitors are invited to come by the Red 5 Studios booth for a first-hand look at the game in action, August 16-19 at the Koelnmesse.

Read more about the player tournament to be held during Gamescom on the Firefall site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Firefall has been headed everywhere except for release. What gives ?

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Mephster

Think they redid some stuff based on the beta feedback.  Last time I asked the estimates were end of this year for release.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the new version. I hate the fact that playing the beta is pretty much pointless until that time. Sigh...

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Wasn't this thing supposed to release like 2 years ago?

Joined - July 2004

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Zooce
    Originally posted by Mephster

Think they redid some stuff based on the beta feedback.  Last time I asked the estimates were end of this year for release.

Glad to hear.

Game has some nice features, but it seemed a bit lacking when I played it. Hope they added a lot more stuff in the game. I had fun, though.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

It's been in closed beta for almost a year now I think...I hope all the bugs are worked out on release ;)

Anyways, looks fun for the most part, haven't played it yet though.  i just hope it comes out before PS2 so I can play it some.  I think PS2 will suck up a lot of my time...

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

R5 decide to change things up and make the development process incredibly transparent and people poop all over it by acting like the games already been shipped and failed.

Stop asking for the MMO industry to innovate if you collective lot are going to ridicule any attempts.

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

see you people constently going on and on reelease allready release allready and if they did the game would be buggy and lacking much and then you would be crying it sux and its buggy i cant play  waaaaaa god quit acting like babiese and be a man about it  when its finished it will be out damn cry babiese the lot of ya

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

i rly wish this game would just come out already. its like Tera all over again. talked about so much for so long that it seems like the game is out by the way its talked about, but it rly isnt and im not playing it at all. just reading more talk. after a while it starts to make me hate the games before they even come out. of course im still gona play it, it just pisses me off.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

I've been in CB for a long time, they realised they missed the players mark on a few core and big elements, so they re did it from scratch. If people cant see thats awesome I'm really lost for words.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I just hope they add a lot more PvE elements to the game.

Smile

• levian86levian86 Member Posts: 3

Neverending beta ><

• nuttsnutts Member Posts: 6

karmath You sir. Kudos for being somewhat (rare on the internet) reasonable human being. And yeah im in CB FF myself.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by levian86

Neverending beta ><

surely better than a 2 week beta :)

that only means they are workin on the game and that their publisher aint EA, hehe

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by karmath

I've been in CB for a long time, they realised they missed the players mark on a few core and big elements, so they re did it from scratch. If people cant see thats awesome I'm really lost for words.

I'm also in CB, have been for quite some time now, and I agree completely.

• tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

i never got a beta invite

• vieplis666vieplis666 Member Posts: 33

No point to hardcore play closed beta coz of wipe, just to see  how game work etc, for now game have very small content, i not count  brainless pvplke in any other mmo, i count  pve content, theres almost nothing, maybe we get full release after few years

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by vieplis666

No point to hardcore play closed beta coz of wipe, just to see  how game work etc, for now game have very small content, i not count  brainless pvplke in any other mmo, i count  pve content, theres almost nothing, maybe we get full release after few years

One of the games I am playing is Global Agenda. PVE in that game sucks in my opinion, but I think PVP is good. At least I am having fun with it.

Anybody here has played GA too? I have not bothered trying to get a Firefall's beta but I have been following this game. The similarities are obvious. Which game has the most fun PVP?

I was hoping to get some interesting PVE in this game, since, as I said, I think GA's PVE is poor, but if that's not going to be the case, I may just decide what to play solely based on the PVP factor.