Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will You Subscribe Thread

Comments

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

I played in the 3 open beta weekends and i liked TSW much..

1..Not purchasing the game for me had more to do with my own 6 month to a year wait and see policy toward funcom who has screwed me over more than once in every mmo they have ever made..

2..I think TSW is easily funcoms best offering and it was/is tempting to break my own funcom rule as i am bored waiting for GW2 and it is the only semi-alternative mmo i have an interest in but with GW2 being so close to release i will hold on..

3..I like this game and will likely give it a go around feb 2013 if funcom has fixed it and not ruined it by then..

Playing GW2..

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Hmm, I might sub but if I cancel on the 25th of August...

I don't know still got a week and a few days to think it over, I haven't played TSW since last week, PVP'd a lot though.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

I will subscribe if/when they fix chat and the gear manager. TSW is one of the best themeparks ever made imo but these glaring, game breaking bugs are unacceptable.

Great game but for now my sub is cancelled.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Charas

I will subscribe if/when they fix chat and the gear manager. TSW is one of the best themeparks ever made imo but these glaring, game breaking bugs are unacceptable.

Gear manager has been fixed according to reports in the lastest update to Testlive, but last time I logged in the chat was still broken.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Ill sub this winter, I never play much in the summer, but I never saw much bugged questes like people keep saying thier are.   Maybe Im lucky.   

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Despite the game's many annoyances (mostly bugs) I'll be subbing for another month to see where things go.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

best game funcom has released yet but not in any means worth a sub in its current state

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Had some fun, but will not be subbing.

Reasons:

too much emphasis on single player stuff

Ugly characters via character creation

Buggy quests

Weird graphical glitches/bumps

After i got past the initial ooh-ahhh of the theme, it became old quickly.

Combat is dull

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Most likely not. I'm just not a fan of the run dungeons to get gear to run raids to get gear to run the hardmode version of the raids to get gear so I can run the hardest mode of that raid type of gameplay anymore.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Definitely not.

I did't like it much in beta but my friends did. So I preordered when it was posted for 35 bucks, in hopes of finding it better while playing with friends. I didn't last 2 weeks...

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by BullseyeArc1

Ill sub this winter, I never play much in the summer, but I never saw much bugged questes like people keep saying thier are.   Maybe Im lucky.   

You and me must be lucky then, I stumbled on a total amount of 3 bugged missions since launch, but was easily fixed when I got an invite from someone from a different server, other than that I only got 1 disconnect and that was on the 2nd day of release.

Some players are just having issues with certain missions that can't figure out and don't want to figure out and accuse it of being bugged.

My three bugged missions were: Men in Black Vans, The Black House and Something Wicked. Everything to me went fine.

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by P4YB4CK

You and me must be lucky then, I stumbled on a total amount of 3 bugged missions since launch, but was easily fixed when I got an invite from someone from a different server, other than that I only got 1 disconnect and that was on the 2nd day of release.

Some players are just having issues with certain missions that can't figure out and don't want to figure out and accuse it of being bugged.

My three bugged missions were: Men in Black Vans, The Black House and Something Wicked. Everything to me went fine.

Those were the same for me, but that's 3 too many. I played several releases now where I didn't have even 1 bugged quest the entire game. That's the standard I'm used to. 3 sounds like a small number, but you spend many hours on those 3 quest total only to find you can't complete them. Two of those were fixed in a patch, but The Black House I had to petition and 2-3 hours later they just advanced me to the next tier, so I missed the puzzle part. Another quest, now that I remember, had a bugged spawn I had to report. It was a side mission in Savage Coast. But it's not just the bugged quests, it's those combined with the bugged gear manager, and getting stuck in terrain a lot.

I understand that these problems are insignificant to some, but to me they're irksome. Someone might say, "then don't play a game at release," but to that I say, I've played somewhere around 5 releases now that didn't have any bugged quest or otherwise game breaking bugs.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

Not to say all these are still currently bugged, but just to give you an idea of the my TSW experience:

Kingsmouth

Madame Roget - The Raven: ravens did not appear after the first one, led to repeated failing back to tier 1 while using trial and error to find the trigger points for the next raven flock

Danny Dufrense - Men in Black Vans: the Occult Attractor did not respond correctly when using the appropriate shutdown sequence, fixed in an early patch so I finished it when I came back to Kingsmouth as part of the main story mission

Norma Creed - They Never Stop Coming: the Slow and Dry zombies were not updating the mission when killed, bug was present in beta and made it through to release, fixed in an early patch

Savage Coast

John Wolf - Taking the Purple: killing the ambushers did not update the mission, sometimes the ambushers would not appear, bug was present in beta and carried over into release, waitied 3 hours for GM assistance to complete

The Black House: sometimes carrie's ashes would not appear halting progress on the mission, bug was widely known in beta and made it through to release client, had GM help to complete

Sam Kreig - Life Immitating Art: the Resident Horror golem did not spawn upon entering the junkyard, logging back into the game with this mission still active led to complete color loss and visual distortion of the UI until accepting a new mission, fixed in a patch

Blue Mountain

Joe Madahando - Off the Menu: cutting yourself during tier 3 would not cause Bloodfangs to emerge, mission progress halted, fixed in a later patch

Sasquatch Chief - War of the Totems: trail leading from the spirit tree into Ak'ab territory would not appear, was able to advance because I had prior knowledge of the destination from previously completeing the mission

Scavengers: tier 5 after using the drum the Infected Sasquatch would not summon, fixed in a later patch

Old Joeseph - The Darkness Wars(revisited): mission would sometimes reset after killing final boss for some party members denying completion experience (happened to me once out of four runs)

City of the Sun God

Nefertari the younger - The Halls of Lost Records: during tier 6 one of the defense parts was at ground-level instead of floating above head-level, mission was uncompleteable, fixed in a later patch

The Besieged Farmlands

Cucuvea - Deathless: mission left my character graphically bugged which persisted at the character selection screen for days before changing back to normal, not yet fixed or mentioned in known issues

image image

Shadowy Forest

Milosh - The Draculesti: tier 4 the explosives were not resetting halting mission progress, addressed in a recent patch on testlive

Carpathian Fangs

Rada Nastase - The Castle: repeatable mission but disappears from the NPCafter completing it once, addressed in a recent patch to testlive

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990
    Originally posted by Zooce

Not to say all these are still currently bugged, but just to give you an idea of the my TSW experience:

Kingsmouth

Madame Roget - The Raven: ravens did not appear after the first one, led to repeated failing back to tier 1 while using trial and error to find the trigger points for the next raven flock

Danny Dufrense - Men in Black Vans: the Occult Attractor did not respond correctly when using the appropriate shutdown sequence, fixed in an early patch so I finished it when I came back to Kingsmouth as part of the main story mission

Norma Creed - They Never Stop Coming: the Slow and Dry zombies were not updating the mission when killed, bug was present in beta and made it through to release, fixed in an early patch

Savage Coast

John Wolf - Taking the Purple: killing the ambushers did not update the mission, sometimes the ambushers would not appear, bug was present in beta and carried over into release, waitied 3 hours for GM assistance to complete

The Black House: sometimes carrie's ashes would not appear halting progress on the mission, bug was widely known in beta and made it through to release client, had GM help to complete

Sam Kreig - Life Immitating Art: the Resident Horror golem did not spawn upon entering the junkyard, logging back into the game with this mission still active led to complete color loss and visual distortion of the UI until accepting a new mission, fixed in a patch

Blue Mountain

Joe Madahando - Off the Menu: cutting yourself during tier 3 would not cause Bloodfangs to emerge, mission progress halted, fixed in a later patch

Sasquatch Chief - War of the Totems: trail leading from the spirit tree into Ak'ab territory would not appear, was able to advance because I had prior knowledge of the destination from previously completeing the mission

Scavengers: tier 5 after using the drum the Infected Sasquatch would not summon, fixed in a later patch

Old Joeseph - The Darkness Wars(revisited): mission would sometimes reset after killing final boss for some party members denying completion experience (happened to me once out of four runs)

City of the Sun God

Nefertari the younger - The Halls of Lost Records: during tier 6 one of the defense parts was at ground-level instead of floating above head-level, mission was uncompleteable, fixed in a later patch

The Besieged Farmlands

Cucuvea - Deathless: mission left my character graphically bugged which persisted at the character selection screen for days before changing back to normal, not yet fixed or mentioned in known issues

image image

Shadowy Forest

Milosh - The Draculesti: tier 4 the explosives were not resetting halting mission progress, addressed in a recent patch on testlive

Carpathian Fangs

Rada Nastase - The Castle: repeatable mission but disappears from the NPCafter completing it once, addressed in a recent patch to testlive

Not that I'm discounting your issues but can't say I ran into most of your problems. City of the Sun God was by far the worst zone for bugged quests. Others had their issues but most have been fixed. I'm actually surprised CoSG isn't your main focal point.

Only prevalent issue I am aware of there is still an issue with the respawn on the ashes for Black House

Besides the still occurring inexcusable fuckups being the chat channel issues and gear management

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• BerikaiBerikai Member Posts: 162

Here for the long haul.I'll play some GW2 when it come's out but pretty casually as this is where I'll mainly be.I see many people using GW2 as a reason to not sub to different game's.Once that game hit's I imagine many will resub to other games within a month.Happen's every time a new overhyped game come's out.A month in and reality sit's in.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly
    Originally posted by Zooce

Kingsmouth

Savage Coast

Blue Mountain

City of the Sun God

The Besieged Farmlands

image image

Shadowy Forest

Carpathian Fangs

Not that I'm discounting your issues but can't say I ran into most of your problems. City of the Sun God was by far the worst zone for bugged quests. Others had their issues but most have been fixed. I'm actually surprised CoSG isn't your main focal point.

Only prevalent issue I am aware of there is still an issue with the respawn on the ashes for Black House

Besides the still occurring inexcusable fuckups being the chat channel issues and gear management

They aren't his problems.. they are funcom's... and they are listed in patch notes, which means they aren't isolated to him.  Add Exit Strategy not being able to be finished prior to last patch and the final part of Legion in Egypt 1 being unable to be completed.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Of course I will. Im more concerned whether or not to buy GW2 for PvP

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Two weeks ago I would of said yes.

As of this week, aint no way in hell.  I will stay subbed untill the 28th of August but after that, this game goes the way of the Tortanic.  In a word its got the same exact endgame as any other WoW/Rift/SWTOR clone.  Horizontal Progression is jsut an absured way to do endgame, it creates elitist pricks, fosters cliques, creates have's and have not's and is jsut plain idiotic.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

In a word its got the same exact endgame as any other WoW/Rift/SWTOR clone. 

Dont forget GW2 too

Originally posted by mindw0rk

Dont forget GW2 too

GW2 does not.  It is a horizontal Progression endgame and to top it off, hundreds or thousands of hours of fun can be attained in a non-group style.  Farming DE's, doing WvW, and completing world boss kills can all be accomplished without ever having to wait around.

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

Dont forget GW2 too

GW2 does not.  It is a horizontal Progression endgame and to top it off, hundreds or thousands of hours of fun can be attained in a non-group style.  Farming DE's, doing WvW, and completing world boss kills can all be accomplished without ever having to wait around.

Wait.. GW2 has a horizontal progression endgame?  When did they add that?

Last time I looked you hit 80 and have all your Weapon Skills, Slot Skills, Trait points, Elite abilities, etc.  Where is the horizontal progression?

Not waiting around for DEs?  I'm confused.. so you're going to just wander around to DEs (that you've already done because you can't get enough XP in one area to advance to the next without grinding them the first time) and then not have to wait for a DE you haven't done before?

DEs aren't random.  They're scripted events that happen in a specific order.  I've tested it and you can predict 100% the next dynamic event that's going to happen in a town.. at least the first 30 levels I saw of the game.  Unless you fail.. then you have to wait 5-10 mins for the entire scenario to reset back to the beginning.

No waiting in WvWvW?  When I tried to test it last weekend I was waiting for over 30 minutes in the queue before I logged out.

The story dungeons people mention are group content so I don't see solo-style there...?

Are you saying that grinding out cosmetic Legendary gear at level 80 is horizontal progression that is going to keep people interested... compared to the horizontal progression in TSW?

Originally posted by Dakirn

Dont forget GW2 too

Wait.. GW2 has a horizontal progression endgame?  When did they add that?

Last time I looked you hit 80 and have all your Weapon Skills, Slot Skills, Trait points, Elite abilities, etc.  Where is the horizontal progression?

Not waiting around for DEs?  I'm confused.. so you're going to just wander around to DEs (that you've already done because you can't get enough XP in one area to advance to the next without grinding them the first time) and then not have to wait for a DE you haven't done before?

DEs aren't random.  They're scripted events that happen in a specific order.  I've tested it and you can predict 100% the next dynamic event that's going to happen in a town.. at least the first 30 levels I saw of the game.  Unless you fail.. then you have to wait 5-10 mins for the entire scenario to reset back to the beginning.

No waiting in WvWvW?  When I tried to test it last weekend I was waiting for over 30 minutes in the queue before I logged out.

The story dungeons people mention are group content so I don't see solo-style there...?

Are you saying that grinding out cosmetic Legendary gear at level 80 is horizontal progression that is going to keep people interested... compared to the horizontal progression in TSW?

Sorry to burst your bubble but GW2 is a Horizontal Progression game.

http://taugrim.com/2012/04/19/why-games-should-scale-horizontally-instead-of-vertically/

TSW is Vertical Progression. [mod edit]

• WhyhateWhyhate Member Posts: 41

As of this week, aint no way in hell.  I will stay subbed untill the 28th of August but after that, this game goes the way of the Tortanic.  In a word its got the same exact endgame as any other WoW/Rift/SWTOR clone.  Horizontal Progression is jsut an absured way to do endgame, it creates elitist pricks, fosters cliques, creates have's and have not's and is jsut plain idiotic.

LFMAO that was fast.

What happened? 

2 weeks ago you where defending this game like if it was the holy grail of the genre, now it's crap? The honeymoooooooooooon phase strikes again!

Let's hope GW2 lasts you a bit longer, it would be sad to see you bash the game in 2 months when you get bored of doing the same dungeons over an over again for a different dye color, lol.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I would've subscribed to it.

But I had a $120 cell phone bill and that was all the extra cash I had this month.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Whyhate

LFMAO that was fast.

What happened? 

2 weeks ago you where defending this game like if it was the holy grail of the genre, now it's crap? The honeymoooooooooooon phase strikes again!

Let's hope GW2 lasts you a bit longer, it would be sad to see you bash the game in 2 months when you get bored of doing the same dungeons over an over again for a different dye color, lol.

Don't worry, I expect the GW2 bashing will reach epic proportions after about 4-6 weeks. There's waaay too many people that are depending on that game to be "everything they ever wanted in an MMO". These people are all dreaming happy dreams of how the game WILL be. How the game actually is never matches that fantasy.