Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Fate of Eorzea Trailer Released

13»

Comments

• clamoclamo Member Posts: 16

hm...ok didn't they just state that there was NOT gona be ANY FF14 expantion till after the ps3 versions launch? and that a FF11 expantion was planed? SE has there head so far up there rear they will never be able to see the light of day.

stupid is as stupid does.

"and yes ALL game manufactures are like this now"

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

i rly do hope they can pull this off. i want them to be what they were. and i want to want to play this game. and i want to have fun playing it. i hope they can bring back the FF name.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

well.. although i have decided to play GW2, but definitely will give 2.0 a try

once a FF fans, it will never go away, it's just that i kinda fell in love with GW2 already

So What Now?

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

I'll buy it. I just know I'll buy it.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Probably the most visually appealing game.  It makes all others look so bad.  The only problem is the system requirements are really high.  Can only play it on my desktop, which I'm only on maybe half of the time.  On my desktop this game looks so great though.  I played it for awhile and they've fixed almost all of the stuff from launch.  It's not as good as FFXI, but that might just be nostalgia kicking in.  It's still a good game now though.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Anyone know how to apply for the ps3 beta?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Probably the most visually appealing game.  It makes all others look so bad.  The only problem is the system requirements are really high.  Can only play it on my desktop, which I'm only on maybe half of the time.  On my desktop this game looks so great though.  I played it for awhile and they've fixed almost all of the stuff from launch.  It's not as good as FFXI, but that might just be nostalgia kicking in.  It's still a good game now though.

This thread isn't about the current state of FFXIV. This is about the relaunch with version 2.0 that is gonna have an entirely new look and feel to it, as well as being available on the PS3. 

• therev187therev187 Member Posts: 1

It does look pretty damn sexy with the cinematics, plus the images look promising.

I believe they should have contracted Morgan Freeman to narrate this clip.  Everything is better with Morgan Freeman.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Where is the in-game footage?  Is this game not going into beta testing in about three months?

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Confirming that game companies should switch to movie (CGI) making, assuming the movie would be just as good as the trailers

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• ZurarZurar Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Insanelol
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

You can only burn so many bridges until people just start ignoring you.  I think they are close to that point now.  FFXI is still a far better game.  

Abyssea...yeah sure, lol

I'll keep enjoying myself in 14 and not a now dead game since Abyssea's involvement.

Couldn't agree more.  That game died when they introduced Abyssea and basically killed off all the other areas of the game!

• zWolfzWolf Member Posts: 88

I have but one question that the answer to, will decide whether I (and I assume thousands,) Check this 're-birth' out or not.

Is there a global auction house that will WORK upon release?  

if the answer is yes, I will continue perusing - if the answer is 'no,' or 'it's complicated,' then consider me flipping ya'll a virtual bird and never looking again.

Thank you, and good day.

zWolf -out.

Thank you,

zWolf -out.

Originally posted by therev187

It does look pretty damn sexy with the cinematics, plus the images look promising.

I believe they should have contracted Morgan Freeman to narrate this clip.  Everything is better with Morgan Freeman.

Ya, Morgan Freeman is kind of like Bacon in that sense....

Thank you,

zWolf -out.

Originally posted by Quicksand

How anyone can be angry at SE is beyond me, they release a game that they THINK everyone will like, they were wrong so they let you play that game for nearly a year for FREE as a "we're sorry" . Mean while they work hard to completely change the game to make it something that thier fans say they would prefer and when it's done they are not going to charge anyone a second time but rather let you pick up subbing if you like the new version.

Yeah, how they burned them bridges.... it's no wonder most companies don't care about doing right by the customer when they screw up, because the customers will just bash you anyways so they might as well make as much money as they can.

Quick Sand, you have Valid points - but guess what, I HONESTLY didn't know all of that - After I played the 'pre-release' week, and a couple of days into 'release' I just gave up - (it was the lack of an Auction House that killed it for me - the tedium of trying to find ANY equipment that would alow me to continue playing - was unbareable.) 

So, I stopped playing, and moved on to other things... I really didn't even look back to see what was going on - though I 'did' check around every once and a while to see if they had fixed the horrible issue of no way to get gear, for the first few months or so - (and every time, there were these little 'movments'  of suposed improvement, but it seemed like they were REALLY trying to hold on to the main premis of 'villiage shoppe' style economy and were bound and determined NOT to do a global Auction House system, so I was never persueded to load it up again, and after 5 or 6 months, I didn't even check forums anymore.

I type all of this, just to illustrate that at NO TIME did I realize that I was able to play for free if I'd have wanted to - though I wouldn't have, it would have been nice to know that I 'could'. 

What I'm saying, is that you mention all of the effort that the company went to to 'appologize' to their customers, and make it right with them, but I'm betting that I am not alone, in the fact that many of us just turned our backs, and walked away - there is a lot of competition out there.

Soooo - hopefuly you can understand, that there are probably many folks like me, that don't even realize that there was an 'effort' to correct the game - and make it up to us.  Some how, I  (and I bet others, ) missed that - Which means, that what you end up with, is us just remembering being Burned, falling for the Hype of an 'awesome game' and plunking down 50 to  80 bucks on it, and then not likeing it.

THAT is how we can still feel pissed off - we didn't even know that an offer of appology had been extended. It doesn't make us Right, but hopefuly you can at least comprehend where it is that we are coming from  at least.

anyway, that was a long answer, but - my fingers needed typing practics... so I'll hit post.

(forgive the spelling errrors and typo's the post is really not worthy of spending more time on.)

Thank you,

zWolf -out.

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

I just noticed the 5.1 rating given by this site.

You gotta have balls the size of watermelons to do that and give SWTOR an 8.7.

Having played both, that seems like a pretty acurate accounting between the two games to me.  

and just a note to the O.P. - my balls are of regular porportion sized....

to even claim 'golf ball' like status, would be streching the truth.

Thank you,

zWolf -out.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

i really hope its not too late , they deserve a second chance, i will try the 2.0

• BosscoreBosscore Member UncommonPosts: 8

All I see is that Square Enix can still make good looking trailers, it tells me nothing about the game whatsoever. Oh well...

• timbot13timbot13 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by aligada87
    Originally posted by Quicksand

How anyone can be angry at SE is beyond me, they release a game that they THINK everyone will like, they were wrong so they let you play that game for nearly a year for FREE as a "we're sorry" . Mean while they work hard to completely change the game to make it something that thier fans say they would prefer and when it's done they are not going to charge anyone a second time but rather let you pick up subbing if you like the new version.

Yeah, how they burned them bridges.... it's no wonder most companies don't care about doing right by the customer when they screw up, because the customers will just bash you anyways so they might as well make as much money as they can.

it's just how people are. some people where born ignorant and selfish. i mean imagine if se did what bw did with swtor to ffxiv then i'd be pissed. not to mention they have that legacy program where they charge you 9.99 if you stayed with them for this amount of time. i don't think se did anything bad except over hyped the game during release and gave an unfinished product. atleast they didn't pull off a bioware scheme and give you an unfinished product at same time keep charging you monthly, and yes i'm talking bout swtor.

The problem is, FF14 was in a much worse shape on launch than swtor was. I hate swtor, but let's be honest, FF14 was probably the most unfinished mmo I have played.

2.0 will only see a resub if it is a 10/10, you don't release a product like that and expect customers to even care about your company anymore. They did a great job in handling it, but I think it was in bad taste that it wasnt f2p until 2.0. Though I guess they had to cover some losses.

I hate games

• toekalesstoekaless Member Posts: 2

I'll play this game agin when it goes free to play. I am not  going to get burned agin

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

As eager as I am for 2.0, this is a garbage trailer. Absolutely 0 gameplay shown.

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

Cinematic was very cool before FFXIV release as well. And we all know how that went... I have faith in FFXIV v.2 though. Will buy it for PS3... whenever it is out. I think they planned for april its August already. Things are still not going well with that game. Its like some strange curse on that company with this MMO.