Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Played GW2, re-subbed to WOW.

Comments

• grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,873Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Xobdnas

Originally posted by grimal

Originally posted by Xobdnas I almost decided to try Tortanic but I figured putting $15 into a blender, blending it up, then dumping it down the garbage disposal would be a better use of my cash then spending a month in that abomination.
    You never tried it but call it an abomination?  That's open-mindedness for you.

I was in beta, I saw the pages and pages of posts begging for the game to be better, only for it to come out hot garbage and to have them say it was our fault because we asked for it. The beta forums said otherwise.

Gotcha.  How long did you beta it for?  I am just asking because it's become a rather "hot topic" around here of people polarizing on either side of a game for no reason other than riling other's up.

• DKLondDKLond AlbertslundPosts: 579Member Uncommon

WoW is dead to me - but I'd rather PvP on my Rogue than WvW on anything in GW2.

• cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DKLond

of course you would so you can hide behind your gear and no skill like all rogues in wow , if you hate GW wvw why post in a gw2 thread? oh yeah youre a troll

• expendable83expendable83 vracaPosts: 26Member

Guild Wars 2 fanboys are so imaginitive .. omg, this dude is a genious! This post is amazingly clever! Feels almost like the lore and conversations in gw2!  :D Thumbs up! :D

• MrlogicMrlogic Posts: 178Member
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by DKLond

of course you would so you can hide behind your gear and no skill like all rogues in wow , if you hate GW wvw why post in a gw2 thread? oh yeah youre a troll

^ this!

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by expendable83

Guild Wars 2 fanboys are so imaginitive .. omg, this dude is a genious! This post is amazingly clever! Feels almost like the lore and conversations in gw2!  :D Thumbs up! :D

why do you even care to hang around the GW2 forum?

• cyress8cyress8 Croatia, VTPosts: 832Member
    Originally posted by Redemp

I came in like this ....

HA!

BOOYAKA!

• LostarLostar Johnstown, PAPosts: 901Member
    Originally posted by Redemp

I came in like this ....

I think we all did.  Good call. XD

• Mari2kMari2k rzhz, MNPosts: 371Member

Weill here you can see that WoW has stilll the best PVP. Maybe the PvE is boring couse we played though it tousends times  but PVP wise WoW is still No. 1 of all MMOs aout there. The combat is fast paced, there is great a impact , a good balance and its just fun.

Sure it has no open world pvp, but I think this feature is a relic of the past. I loved it in Doac but today people want fair fights , not zerg fests. 

• Hell_HammerHell_Hammer BelgradePosts: 75Member
    Originally posted by Mari2k

Weill here you can see that WoW has stilll the best PVP. Maybe the PvE is boring couse we played though it tousends times  but PVP wise WoW is still No. 1 of all MMOs aout there. The combat is fast paced, there is great a impact , a good balance and its just fun.

Sure it has no open world pvp, but I think this feature is a relic of the past. I loved it in Doac but today people want fair fights , not zerg fests. 

I used to play on a RP-PVP server, and back in the day open world PvP popped up all by itself. It was tons of fun, having a spontaneous battle of 100 Horde vs. 100 Alliance in an open field, just pounding the shit out of each other.

There was no winner, you didn't really get all that much honor or any XP - not to mention no epic purpley loot.

But it was damn fun. More fun than any PvP I've had since.

But that was literally, what...eight, seven years ago?

• joocheesejoocheese San Antonio, TXPosts: 845Member

I was a SWGer, then a WOWer, for the last few years I've done a bit of this and that but didn't find any MMOs that hooked me. EVE had me for a while but I missed avatars. Before I knew it I thought I was "over" MMOs.

Then I played GW2 beta...I forgot how much I like to PVP. I think of myself as a PVEer, but the PVP hooked me. I couldn't stop rocket curb stomping people with my Engineer. I went through withdrawals for a few days after beta, how would I make it 5 more weeks! I was afraid, that fear led to hate, hate led to the dark side of the genre and I committed the most unsandbox of sandbox atrocities I re-subbed to WOW to get a PVP fix for 4 weeks...but if it's any consolation I'm pretending my hunter is an Engineer. I also found that if I spend 0 time in the world and live in the PVP instances it's much easier to stomach the 900million things that GW2 does better that stand out more than ever now that I'm in WOW again.

I almost decided to try Tortanic but I figured putting $15 into a blender, blending it up, then dumping it down the garbage disposal would be a better use of my cash then spending a month in that abomination.

Oh GW2, I miss you so.

Beautifully constructed and colorfully put... I was ready for a fight when I read the thread title,and now you have my laughing so hard my stomach hurts...

wonderful post! :-)

• MagnetiaMagnetia SydneyPosts: 1,029Member Uncommon

Yeah. You get a little crazy after a GW2 beta. Just be careful. Don't buy D3 thinking it will hold you over until then. Don't do anything you'll REALLY regret.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO SomewherePosts: 1,326Member

Catchy title!

Hope you make it to launch...

imageimage
  • JohnnymmoJohnnymmo Salt lake, UTPosts: 99Member
    More skill required in wow pvp. Gw2 will not come close.
  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Johnnymmo

not touching this, but to each their own

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott BristolPosts: 433Member

Oooooooh let the buttclenching commence.

• nyxxisnyxxis Independence, MOPosts: 62Member

I am happy I was not the only one sucked in by the "omg really another GW2 hate thread." Very well done OP, though nothing can make me go back to WoW.

All Murlocs must die horrible, painful, bloody deaths!

• PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member

I almost decided to try Tortanic but I figured putting $15 into a blender, blending it up, then dumping it down the garbage disposal would be a better use of my cash then spending a month in that abomination.

For anyone reading, TOR is not a bad game for 60 days or so. It just doesn't seem to have the longetivity of other MMOs because it's story based. But it is not an abomination.

People reaaly need to filter out some of the negative hype, just like filtering out the  crazy OMFG positive hype. 

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by grimal
    Originally posted by Xobdnas   Originally posted by grimal Originally posted by Xobdnas I almost decided to try Tortanic but I figured putting $15 into a blender, blending it up, then dumping it down the garbage disposal would be a better use of my cash then spending a month in that abomination.
    You never tried it but call it an abomination?  That's open-mindedness for you.
      I was in beta, I saw the pages and pages of posts begging for the game to be better, only for it to come out hot garbage and to have them say it was our fault because we asked for it. The beta forums said otherwise.
    Gotcha.  How long did you beta it for?  I am just asking because it's become a rather "hot topic" around here of people polarizing on either side of a game for no reason other than riling other's up.

Well I knew as soon as I tried to make a character and humans with earrings (cyborgs) were being called their own race SWTOR was bad but I still fought onward for around a month forcing myself to play. Considering I'm obsessed with Star Wars and MMOs it was just sad, no better word, sad. I waited 3 years to try the game, and literally within hours I felt dizzy. How could 300mill result in such a waste. I liked BJ a lot, Mando too, but the entire time I played I kept thinking all the classes felt like shallow cheep versions of the same Star Wars classes from other games. The aesthetics were missing, the planets felt dead, the classes felt more WOW like than Star Wars etc. etc. etc.

It's like this, when they announced Vo a bunch of people like myself said woa woa wao. VO is like volunteer help. If you ask anyone if they would like to d it they say hell yeah, but when it comes time t work they want to skip it. But they were so obsessed with the idea that they invented story (LOL) that they blindly went on pounding the VO and neglecting to make gameplay memorable in any way. Why would I play RC Cola WOW when I already have a bunch of time spent in real WOW which is still better than this WOW with VO?

Enter GW2, forget the anti Brittany, GW2 is the anti WOW, not in the way a sandbox is, but in the were similar but completely different kind of way.

• TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Psychow
    Originally posted by Xobdnas   I almost decided to try Tortanic but I figured putting $15 into a blender, blending it up, then dumping it down the garbage disposal would be a better use of my cash then spending a month in that abomination.  

For anyone reading, TOR is not a bad game for 60 days or so. It just doesn't seem to have the longetivity of other MMOs because it's story based. But it is not an abomination.

People reaaly need to filter out some of the negative hype, just like filtering out the  crazy OMFG positive hype. 

No, it is bad game. Just the fact that terms like "negative hype" exist just for it, and the fact that EA has blamed it sucking on everyone from the NBA, to Summer, to the beta players who begged for it to be changed before launch backs that up in spades.

says the hater , when a 12 yr old can go on utube posting pvp pwnage in wow arena and then brag about it because of gear it says it all. WOW pvp is beyond bad and you can try and mask it as skill , I wish guys like you would go play games like DAOC and then talk your crap because you do not know what skill is.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Baltimore, MDPosts: 5,359Member
    Originally posted by Psychow

IMO, TOR is a passable game if you play just the single player story stuff.  But TBH, I think that there are many actualy SPRPGs that beat it hands down in this category...KOTOR being one of them :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• FionFion Montour Falls, NYPosts: 2,351Member

Woh, woh... woh. You mean to tell me a huge bait thread doesn't catch a single person? I haven't seen a single 'you're an idiot, WoW sucks!' reply in this entire thread. Could it be that MMORPG.com forums are becoming.. I dread to say.. more civil?

Slightly off topic, on SWTOR getting volenteer helpers. This kind of system worked extremely well in the old MMOG Anarchy Online. But I've seen it utterly fail in other games. AO had an extremely helpful and focused community. Being a part of that system brought some prestigue as well and there were perks for doing well. I have yet to see another MMOG pull off a system like that as well as AO. I don't see it happening with SWTOR. Todays MMOG base is far to fickle, self-interested and entitled.

most of the wow kids that usually post are stuck in summer school during the day for sneaking on their computer all night playing wow and failing in school , give it about two more hours and they will show up dont worry.

• stragen001stragen001 ReadingPosts: 1,720Member

Sorry dude, but this in incorrect.

WoW does not require any skill, just time. Time to grind and grind and grind until you have the bestest most uber gear.

People that play WoW PvP and think they have skillz are deluding themselves, they just have gear. I dont even considermysef a hardcore PvPer, quite the opposite,  but I would happily take on any WoW PvPer in a fight where all gear and skills are balanced and equal like GW2 structured PvP.... and know that I would win

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom