Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who plans on playing MWO?

BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97

I know this isn't an MMORPG, but I think there are people on this site, besides me, who have interest in slugging it out with giant mechs. Who plans to play?

Comments

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

already legendary

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I will be mos def.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ShiftytShiftyt Member Posts: 24

Honestly I’m quite disappointed that this is just an MMO and not a MMORPG.

The potential of this game is unprecedented if it were an RPG.  As a RPG it is known as BattleTech.  The technology exists to develop this game hopefully someone with some muscle behind them will commit to development.

I’ve been wishing for this for years and although mech battles will be fun it is sure to leave me wanting more.

Shiftyt

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898
    Originally posted by Shiftyt

It is neither of those things...
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

ill play this, and hawken as well. The only 2 mech games that got my interest. specially this one since mech warrior is a classic

Originally posted by Garvon3

It is neither of those things...

Then what is it if it's not?

Shiftyt

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

It will simply become the best PVP-mmo around.
    Being in Control of a devastating war machine your skill makes it shine or whine.
    The fights will last long enough to have tactic and awareness play a significant role.
    No respawn so dead has a meaning in each combat (outside of a limited 4 respawn game called Dropshipmode).
    The results of each fight influence the state of your home realm or merc unit in a persistant Universe to battle for, moving borders, claim worlds, make fortunes of money, however you like it.

And Goonswarm settles themself down under the guding hand of Chancellor Liao of Confederation Capella so if there is nothing left to do you can make yourself a joy to be or beat the bad boy!

Mechwarrior challenges the brains as well as the reflexes and both way will work!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I can't wait for this and Hawken, my friend is currently playing MWO Beta and says its fucking great. Soo jealous.
  • ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Just purchased legendary founder. :)
  • CripnoahCripnoah Member Posts: 128

The gameplay seems a little too slow fo rmy tastes, I appreciate them trying to take special care in imitating momentum and such but god it just looks sooo slow.

Looking forward to Hawken more than this but I will certainly gives this a shot since mech games are a rarity these days.

Originally posted by Cripnoah
    The gameplay seems a little too slow fo rmy tastes, I appreciate them trying to take special care in imitating momentum and such but god it just looks sooo slow.

Looking forward to Hawken more than this but I will certainly gives this a shot since mech games are a rarity these days.

Have you tried a Mech (Light or Medium) with a bigger machine?
    Or is the dps (deaths per second) ratio to low?
    Usually the fastest kill in a MW game is the Headshot.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by Thorqemada

Originally posted by Cripnoah

Have you tried a Mech (Light or Medium) with a bigger machine?
    Or is the dps (deaths per second) ratio to low?
    Usually the fastest kill in a MW game is the Headshot.

Have to agree. The gameplay may seem slow from videos watching a big, slow Atlas or watching a Catapult stand in place throwing out long range fire, but when you see the lights and mediums darting across the field it's a whole different game.

• Agnostic42Agnostic42 Member UncommonPosts: 405

The potential of this game is unprecedented if it were an RPG.  As a RPG it is known as BattleTech.  The technology exists to develop this game hopefully someone with some muscle behind them will commit to development.

I’ve been wishing for this for years and although mech battles will be fun it is sure to leave me wanting more.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/2247-dev-blog-1-community-warfare/

Sure looks like an MMO to me...

Edit: quoted the wrong post, oh well.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

already a founder. .awesome game :)

As for the buy saying its too slow... sure the big mechs and bloody slow but thats how its should be afterall they are massive chunks of metal. The lights mechs are pretty fast as well but if your looking for an FPS style game then this is not for you and its not what its suppose to be.

Check out that hawken game if you want more of an fps style mech game.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

What I am worried a bit about that the game might turn into a camp fest just like WoT :(

Also I have some doubts about viability of lighter mechs...

I have had some of the most kills using light mechs, you just gotta keep moving taking pot shots when you can. Never stand still as you will be dead..
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Garvon3 Originally posted by Shiftyt   Honestly I’m quite disappointed that this is just an MMO and not a MMORPG.   It is neither of those things...

Then what is it if it's not?

I thought it was a lobby based game, with persistence. It has everything except the PvE world to run around in. It's an MMO but not an MMORPG. Though, I think those terms need to be rethought a bit to make sense.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

at the moment it is just a lobby game, they have not implemented the persistant battle thing yet..

Originally posted by Caldrin

I have had some of the most kills using light mechs, you just gotta keep moving taking pot shots when you can. Never stand still as you will be dead..

Back in WoT closed beta, I was getting kills in light tanks too....

Atm its closed Beta with all Founders getting immediate access - but it misses still many of the features and is purely combat and mechbay beta gameplay.
    Around 245.000 people registered in the forums and around 45.000 have bought a founders pack making Piranha Games several million bucks.
    People clearly have waited for a Mechwarrior Game and trust them to deliver!

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    I cant wait for this game to release. I have been waiting far to long for a new Mechwarrior game to come along.
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Game look's pretty good so far, will see if it continue's to improve. But as it look's now I'd play it, been itching for a good mech game. I did try armored core for my ps3 but imo they put too much focus into the online aspect, if the server's went down you couldn't buy part's from the store.

Ok lest try this again.    It will be awhile before MWOL is ready , but in the meantime there is a little known game Called MechWarrior LivIng Legends thats actually pretty good.  Not sure why its not listed here.

Its designed on the crysis wars engine.

Worth checking out.. there is youtube videos.

Shiftyt

It will be awhile before MWOL is ready

Open beta is supposed to start at the end the summer.

• crazychocobocrazychocobo Member Posts: 2
    I am DEF. gonna play this game. I loved the Mechwarrior series and for it to be an online scenario to meet fellow like minded mech pilots is amazing! Im broke right now but on the first im gonna buy the elite founder package, I cant justify paying 120 for the legendary one since I bought the Guild Wars 2 collectors edition but yeah. Anyway. Can't wait for this one.