Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Pok

13»

Comments

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/woq3z/a_bit_more_confirmation_that_polymock_is_indeed_in/

it's kind of ridiculous.  people just like to bash WoW becuase it's the "cool" thing to do nowadays.  there was another poll on reddit where most people wanted the Kodan as a possible playable race.  the Kodan are Polar Bears.

• billjaimezbilljaimez Member CommonPosts: 1

I for one am looking forward to the expansion.  There is plenty of time for the burning legion to come back and what not.  The pandaran have been the most requested race addition to the game, and you blame them for adding it.   So you didn't want it boo who.  In life you don't always get what you want.   Plus it genious for them tp play off of a famous movie (pop culture is referenced in wow all the time) and continue to play for China.  They are in business to make money plain and simple.  If they catered to only the players who started in vaniila this game would be dead.  You have to do things that bring in a new fresh playerbase.  And truthfully I can only think that playing the same game for 7 years might start to get a little old and they know that as well.  I am a wraith baby and maybe in a couple of expansions I too will feel the need to bad mouth a game that has truely entertained me for the last 3 years.

• tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

just wondering but how much does blizz pay you to delete anything negative thats said about their new exp because i noticed alot of post that wernt  omg this is amazing getting deleted

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by tumtum42

just wondering but how much does blizz pay you to delete anything negative thats said about their new exp because i noticed alot of post that wernt  omg this is amazing getting deleted

possibly a large amount .thats why i dont give a shit to what these so called columnist write up . money eaters

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Not being a wow player when I seen the expansion I though kung fu panda myself. I didn't know they already had a race in game of panda like people and I don't think it will inspire a lot of  new players to jump in but might be a treat for existing wow players. 

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598

So how much gold can I make doing pet battles?  Having activities in the game that are fun is great, but if you are a player with limited play time and you raid a little then your non raiding time is likely going to be doing activities that are somewhat enjoyable AND provide gold.(have to buy gems, chants and repairs)  If PokeMoP doesn't provide any reward other than leveling up your pet which is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, they I can't see myself it being hugely popular unless it is more fun than the original.

Another problem I have is I haven't seen anything said anywhere about evolving your pets.  Do your pets actually evolve?  If not it seems kind of weak IMHO.  When I say evolve I mean visually as in my green whelpling turns into a more vicious young green dragon etc...  Without that there doesn't seem to much point to leveling.(seeing as you never use them in the real game, and you get matched to similarly leveled players)

• neosparkkneosparkk Member UncommonPosts: 59

Blizzard are terrible at making anything original, this new expansion is a joke and I can't wait to see this game die under pressure from activision's literally endless amount of greed.

• volvoxaureusvolvoxaureus Member Posts: 27

WoW is like Justin Bieber a lot people het him but he has a huge success, irony is that those haters make him more successful  

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

What old school Wow players wanted was.. the return of the of Burning Legion and Sargeras to azeroth. also the next hero class like demon hunter,which could have allowed illidan to return in some way to help defeat sargeras and his legion for good. the planet Xoroth so we could explore Nathrezim home world. could have been vast with tons of dungeons open raids,PVP,exploration galore.

Instead we get a bunch childish assed padarens whom even though they are in lore are just a another way to lasso in the younger players who love kung-fu panda and of course the complete dumbing down of the talent tree's

So Wow is dead for people like me who started in beta and played for many years. we got promised housing in 2004 or some guild halls and we never heard about again ever. we never got the second hero class. we never finished off the burning legion or seen the Titans return.

Sad Really.

We did? I'm not sure you actually checked with all of us. In fact, you are the very first person I've ever heard express this opinion.

I think you meant, 'What I wanted" -

Why would old school players want the next hero class? What does the expansion that came out 4 years after release have to do with the original player desires? Again, as an old school player I didn't get the memo on how much we liked hero classes.

I think you are right about the silliness of Pandera. They should get back to the serious hardcore roots of WoW like we had in the original game: gnomes dancing to 'sex bomb'.

I didn't play beta, but I started in 2004 and have played for many years. I do not agree with you.

You should feel confident with your own opinion. You don't need 'all ol' schoolers' to validate your feelings.  I don't express your opinion for you, please don't express mine for me. What in God's name led you to believe that all original WoW players believe as you?

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

Can you level up to max level just by battling your pets? That would be a nice alternate advancement structure.

Also, when do pet raids kick in?

• gr0und3dgr0und3d Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by jbombard

So how much gold can I make doing pet battles?  Having activities in the game that are fun is great, but if you are a player with limited play time and you raid a little then your non raiding time is likely going to be doing activities that are somewhat enjoyable AND provide gold.(have to buy gems, chants and repairs)  If PokeMoP doesn't provide any reward other than leveling up your pet which is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, they I can't see myself it being hugely popular unless it is more fun than the original.

Another problem I have is I haven't seen anything said anywhere about evolving your pets.  Do your pets actually evolve?  If not it seems kind of weak IMHO.  When I say evolve I mean visually as in my green whelpling turns into a more vicious young green dragon etc...  Without that there doesn't seem to much point to leveling.(seeing as you never use them in the real game, and you get matched to similarly leveled players)

There are pet battle quests as well as 'masters' that reward gold.  Once a master is defeated, their zone's pet battle dailies are unlocked.

I don't know about evolving, but I heard about giving pets armor. 

You will need to level pets to capture wild pets.

edit: also it's not "PokeMoP", it's MoP.  Pet battles are an optional time sink.  I don't hear about 'Cata-plantsvzombies' or 'Wrath-achievementhunter'? 

Vanilla-class_imba

Burning-hordepaladinz

spacegoats-Crusade

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    I tried this feature in beta, and liked it.. I'm not so much the collector type but it's a nice feature..

This xpac is aimed at maintaining the player base that still remain.. Yes you'll have some returning players but blizz expects those that quit and return, to quit again as there interest and commitment lies elsewhere..

In beta i'm surprise to see they manage to upgrade the graphics a little (new shaders, etc) and the world and art style looks awesome..

Looking forward to this as i'm looking for to borderlands 2 and Gw2..
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Yeah what can I say about wow that ppl haven't said already, first of all I started out with world of warcraft in the mmo genre and I loved it. I played that game every day almost every hour that I was home. 

The money I have spent on this game has been so worth it and when BC came out I liked that expansion aswell cause it was very hard, I hated the enviorment but loved the difficulty. Then came warhammer online out and the came sucked and it was soooo full of buggs BUT the pvp was the best I have ever played since I was hooked on counter strike. 

But warhammer online was a dream that wasn't complete but after that it seemed like wow wasn't giving me enough anymore cause pvp i wow has always been boring except in vanilla. So I started to chase "the new wow game" for me and belive me I searched but nothing could ever give me the pleasure that wow did and I went back to wow but there was nothing there for me anymore, graphics sucked, everything was nerfed and everybody just stood in the capitals waiting for the que to end to the next dungeon.

Wow had gone from the perfect mmo to a giant game that no one was in, you could quest for 30 levels without seeing another player almost. Finally I found Rift.

Rift for me is world of warcraft at its best and only getting better, I love this game. Even thoo I don't play it that much anymore I still pay for it cause it's worth it. The game has everything wow has but better and if it wasn't for the fact that GW2 is coming out I would still play it.

GW2 is by far the best mmo I have ever played. Even thoo the game is nothing like wow. GW2 is gonna be big, very big and its the right game for me I hope everybody joins up and plays this game cause its sooooooooo good. 

Finally I must say: Blizzard the panda thing sucks but I will still play it but only with my 8 year old daughter who loves Pandas and it will be played on a privet server for free cause its not gonna be worth anything in gold, and never in real money either so guys see ya all in other games or I will see you online in wow on privet servers with our 6-8 year old kids cause thats the kind of players your gonna meet.

peace out MFs // Beelze

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

How dare they remove the one of the few gimmicks Engineers had!  I loved my rockem sockem robot!!! Oh wells..This is actually makingme wanna get into WoW again.  

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

i think its dumb for people to complain about something like this. its something thats there to do in a game if you want to do it. imo, im gona have a little fun with it. WoW is a game that you dont leave the citys anymore. so something like this gives people something to do with people while waiting for something to pop. if you hate it so much.... dont do it.... adding something else to do in a game is never a bad thing... except the dungeon finder. damn that rly changed everything. :(

o, and when people say "its not needed" who the fck cares if its needed or not. its a game. its hear for fun, none of it is "needed".

o, and when people say "its not needed" who the fck cares if its needed or not. its a game. its hear for fun, none of it is "needed".

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by MikeB

In this week's WoW Factor, we offer up our thoughts on the Pet Battles feature coming with the the launch of Mists of Pandaria, the latest expansion to World of Warcraft.

So, we could go on and on rather pointlessly about the recently announced Pandaria launch date. But we already did that here. So instead, in this edition of the WoW Factor, I’d like to offer a few thoughts on the recently added Pet Battle System to the beta for Blizzard’s latest Azerothian expansion.  In short? It’s really quite the Pokémon meets WoW addition you’d expect it to be. But that’s not really a bad thing. In an MMORPG that has come to favor the “game” part of the acronym more than the RP, I’ve actually found the pet battle system to be an interesting alternate form of progression and fun to be had in Warcraft.

Read more of Bill Murphy's The WoW Factor: Pokémon? Yes, But It’s Fun.

Sorry Bill, it might be fun if your 12.  At 42 I can safely say this is'nt some sort of design I care for in my Virtual world.  Sorry to say, but MMO's were started as virtual worlds first and foremost.  Its the dumbing down of the genre that, although raked in subscribers ahve dumbed down the genre to the point where its at now.

Thanks but no thanks.  Like that meme goes, its fun to ride fat ladies and mopeds but you sure as hell dont want your friends knowing you do so.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Istavaan

Considering the money blizzard make from wow, their expansions are insulting. Does this game even have guild halls yet?

Nor have they implemented any long term non-combat activity that would be considred industry norm.  Like Player Housing, Social gear, solo dungeons and non-grindy quests (Dailies do not count) for post level cap items and my personal favorite Alternate Advancement.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144

All I can say is......LOL

Kick to the Face.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Originally posted by gr0und3d
    Originally posted by jbombard

There are pet battle quests as well as 'masters' that reward gold.  Once a master is defeated, their zone's pet battle dailies are unlocked.

I don't know about evolving, but I heard about giving pets armor. 

You will need to level pets to capture wild pets.

edit: also it's not "PokeMoP", it's MoP.  Pet battles are an optional time sink.  I don't hear about 'Cata-plantsvzombies' or 'Wrath-achievementhunter'? 

Vanilla-class_imba

Burning-hordepaladinz

spacegoats-Crusade

Thanks for the info, it's nice to know there will be at least some reward.  Hopefully they will make it comparable to other activities.(otherwise it won't be worth the time)

I meant PokeMoP to refer to the Pokemon feature of MoP not MoP as a whole.  Sorry if there was confusion there.

If the pet armor has stats and there are lots of options that would be cool, but if it's just a single visual effect with no variants then they shouldn't even bother.  Also you don't need to level "pets" to tame, you need to level a single pet.(or buy one on the AH)  But once again if the only reason to tame them is so that you can level them without any hope of real progress/evolution, then I don't understand why you would want to tame in the first place.  Without any progression the level system is meangingless because being a higher level does not provide any real advantage since you are matched with similarly leveled pets.