Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Fate of Eorzea Trailer Released

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I had a bit of a laugh at the premise of the revamp.

- The world is destroyed and all the players get ported back in time to pretend like the last year or so never existed. -

I mean, forgetting that it is an obvious rip-off of the Rift storyline, it is also quite funny in how fitting it is.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by MMOarQQ

I just noticed the 5.1 rating given by this site.

You gotta have balls the size of watermelons to do that and give SWTOR an 8.7.

For all its faults, SWTOR was infinitely more playable and enjoyable than FFXIV at launch. The game was a train wreck, and has only just turned itself around now.

The 2.0 revamp looks promising, but lets not forget how terrible it was at launch. Hopefully with the new hotbar combat it will be more enjoyable.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

FFXIV currently is a great game. I am really looking forward to the continued updates and 2.0.  It's nice to be able to stay I'm completely happy with an MMORPG for a change.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by evilastro

I had a bit of a laugh at the premise of the revamp.

- The world is destroyed and all the players get ported back in time to pretend like the last year or so never existed. -

I mean, forgetting that it is an obvious rip-off of the Rift storyline, it is also quite funny in how fitting it is.

It was planned a long time before Rift hit the scene so I don't see it as a rip off of the rift storyline.  The maps needed an overhaul and it was the best way to redesign the maps and add a story line instead of making them appear without reason.  I was one off those that played the Beta thought there was going to be more to it at launch and was very dissatisfied with what they churned out, The game now has come on leaps and bounds, Ive only resubbed 2 months ago and havnt been able to put this game down since.  Some great content and more than enough to do before 2.0 hits the market.

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599
    I resubbed recently and I'm having a blast. 

This new trailer looks great albeit no game-play footage and the guy narrating it
    needs to be muted.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

As someone who put the original ffxiv disc in the bin, then followed it with a foot stamp, I will take a heck of a lot of persuading to give this a go.

But

I do give them respect for being honest about the original game. If they do make this a success it will be a major turnaround, if not the biggest in mmo game playing.

Still not convinced they can marry the two playing platforms successfully. The awful pc interface was one of the real turn offs at launch.

Will wait and see.

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

Same for me...i have a great respect for Final fantasy...i'm not a fan FF mmo but i will keep one eye on this...

• kantseemekantseeme Member Posts: 709
    Originally posted by Mawnee

The voice really annoyed me for some reason. Sounded like a scrawny tween doing a fake macho movie voice while still over emphasizing his "S"s. It sounded comical/parody-ish......like a movie trailer in southpark or something.

^this^

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

The first thing that came to mind is which one of my guildies narrated this as a joke.

Then i thought, man I'm sick of CGI, i wanna see gameplay.

Then i remembered FF is all about CGI and very little decent gameplay.

But then i realized how much i loved XI, so i became conflicted.  I want to see this do well, i really do, but this trailer is not helping.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

FFXIV was just a terrible, terrible mess at release. I'm kinda seduced by the idea of the world though so I do really want this game to turn around and succeed. I'm keeping an eye on this one and hoping for the best.

Disappointed by the lack of game play and terrible narration in the video.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

You can only burn so many bridges until people just start ignoring you.  I think they are close to that point now.  FFXI is still a far better game.  

not to sure i can agree with your opinion. me and 10 other friends never bought the game on release date because of the review it had. but on 6/26/2012 we all decided to give it a go because we wanted to see how the game is doing. the game is alot more fun then any other mmo i have ever played. crafting can be a bit annoying since it's a new type of crafting. now that 2.0 is soon to be released well i think they will do a great job this time. i mean i have played many mmos swtor tsw tera aion ffxi you name it i most likley have played it already and in all comparison ffxiv still does a great job on the pve contents. i wish they would do a great job with pvp but i don't think they going to add open world pvp type in any FF games they have.

• aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Quicksand

How anyone can be angry at SE is beyond me, they release a game that they THINK everyone will like, they were wrong so they let you play that game for nearly a year for FREE as a "we're sorry" . Mean while they work hard to completely change the game to make it something that thier fans say they would prefer and when it's done they are not going to charge anyone a second time but rather let you pick up subbing if you like the new version.

Yeah, how they burned them bridges.... it's no wonder most companies don't care about doing right by the customer when they screw up, because the customers will just bash you anyways so they might as well make as much money as they can.

it's just how people are. some people where born ignorant and selfish. i mean imagine if se did what bw did with swtor to ffxiv then i'd be pissed. not to mention they have that legacy program where they charge you 9.99 if you stayed with them for this amount of time. i don't think se did anything bad except over hyped the game during release and gave an unfinished product. atleast they didn't pull off a bioware scheme and give you an unfinished product at same time keep charging you monthly, and yes i'm talking bout swtor.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Need to see some gameplay but I'm interested.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

it would be nice if they actually added a few gameplay footage...

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

I use my ff14 disks as beer mats.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if they turn this around it will be a movie-script worthy story:  a game company full of hubris falls so far, then when everyone has counted it out, the folks behind the game work their asses off to make the game everything it should have been and then rerelease it to the triumph of all.

for the gamers' sake i hope it's true... i do believe as do others in above posts that SqEnix truly did learn from their horrid horrid mistake.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Extensive gameplay footage follows at most like 2 weeks after this... even then people are seriously bitching about SE hyping a Final Fantasy game through the story? I don't think they manage to understand the importance of story for their main demographic.

Enjoy the trailer for what it is, or keep waiting.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Ok so we have a bunch of cg.. whoopdie do, where is the actual gameplay? I hope they finally fixed the combat jobs so they don't level so damn fast. Me.. i'll prob re-open my acct when 2.0 hits but I don't expect anything out of square anymore really.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

i want to play this game again...i really do...but i just cant justify giving it a 3rd chance again...id rather go back to 11 even though i only made it to lvl 20 in that one it was far better than 14...

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

The comments section made me laugh and kidna shown how awful MMO community is in general.

ARGHH WHERE's the gameplay, no gameplay footage? IT SUCKs

Get a brain, a game can have multiple trailers including in game footage and CGI, it was meant to explain the storyline behind the revamp and generate hype.

AHHHH WHERE'S THE IN GAME FOOTAGE, RAGGGE

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Too late... money down the drain.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• StuppeStuppe Member UncommonPosts: 59

I love the game in its current state, but it could be so much more - and i really think 2.0 will do just that!

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Hmm might buy it for ps3 if it looks alright...

On a side note read some of the fine print....some of their design decisions puzzle me like removing seemless landscapes and implementing a mob taging system... >.>

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• kingsatanaskingsatanas Member Posts: 31

short trailer no gameplay on it no one can tell what they planning to do with ff14 but i will resub for sure and try it again and see the difference. bashing raptor or doing the same world bosse and over are kinda bored after a month

• tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

if you listen to it enough he stops sounding as bad