Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nine Dragons.. going to be out soon

PhantasmagoriaPhantasmagoria Member Posts: 63

Martial Arts MMORPG Nine Dragons is going to be out again soon.

This game first came out 2006 i think. Not sure. But have any tried this game before?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

A standard grind fest with an extremely linear world and the usual real world gamble on 'lucky' boxes needed to improve your equipment. where everyone in particular level groups within a class look exactly alike.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I liked the art style, and the customizable attacks. Besides that guy above me nailed it on the head.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

Moved to the right forum.

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
  • NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Jena007

This game first came out 2006 i think. Not sure. But have any tried this game before?

Unless they changed it completely, avoid it like the plague. One of the worst grinders I've ever tried.

• mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375

Wait it out for Age of Wushu to launch seems more of a authentic martial art mmo.

• 9dragonswebs9dragonswebs Member Posts: 1

what you guys think if 9Dragons go to web-based ?

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by grunty

A standard grind fest with an extremely linear world and the usual real world gamble on 'lucky' boxes needed to improve your equipment. where everyone in particular level groups within a class look exactly alike.

Its your typical boring as shit asian grinder with no real purpose to it but to grind. Save yourself some time and don't bother with it, it was a pretty bad game back in 2006 and still is a bad game today.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Netspook

Unless they changed it completely, avoid it like the plague. One of the worst grinders I've ever tried.

I doubt they changed it, asian grinders virtually never get better, they just find new ways to nickle and dime you.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    Originally posted by Netspook

Super super long grinds. I played it a while back, I think each tier consists of 9 levels? I got to the raising light tier which is somewhere between level 70-90 I really cant remember, but there was so much more tiers to get to! I think it was around level 200 to get to max, cant definitely confirm it but it was super long.

They've had their pros and cons.

I like how they give you different techniques for your class, and you can level them up, the more you use that skill the more chain combos it'll unlock.

But what's funny was when you advance in every other tier, you'll find a new technique you can use. So say you've been leveling up a technique and got it to a 3 chain combo. Then reached a new tier say level 30 or something, your new technique you've learned does so much more damage than your previous one. Even though its already at level 3, so you're basically stuck using the new technique until you learn a new one.

That pretty much kills my game experience. If I liked the combat actions of an older technique over the newer ones, it'll always do less damage and you'll have a less chance of surviveability as you fight tougher monsters. Thats where its flawed.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Well it looks like these guys have said it all for me.  The grind is extremely pointless and boring, virtually no quests, grinding for the hell of it.  Think there were 200 levels back when I played it in 2007 and I couldn't stand it after lvl 40.  All of the random achievements or w/e that were shown in the interface were not even specific about what they wanted.  Most of the time, they tell you to get these random items that I've never heard of and doesn't tell you where to get them.  And the quests were stupid as hell, especially that 'find a needle in a haystack'.  I clicked randomly in the haystack which, based on information provided by others, is the haystack the quest required, and nothing happened.

Only thing that was slightly interesting was the light foot, and the heavenly demon clan.

Was there even ever a point to this game?

It's worth 1-1.5/10.  Community was dead back then and it's dead right now.

• david196520david196520 Member CommonPosts: 2

I liked the art style and the customizable attacks.