Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wanna marry an avatar of the same gender?

Have u ever played a game allowing characters of the same gender to marry? If u did, have u ever married a character of the same gender with u? If not yet, will u marry one avatar of the same gender with yours, and why? How do u think about games allowing avatars of the same gender to marry?

RTS RPG

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by critirichard

Have u ever played a game allowing characters of the same gender to marry? If u did, have u ever married a character of the same gender with u? If not yet, will u marry one avatar of the same gender with yours, and why? How do u think about games allowing avatars of the same gender to marry?

1. I dunno

2. No

3. No, I have never had a desire to see any of my avatars 'married' to another avatar regardless of the avatars genders involved.

4. I don't care whether they do or not.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

1. A bug years ago in Eudemons Online, other than that no.

2. Yep, in the bug above.

3. Naa I only ever marry my wifes characters in games XD

4. Ive no problems with it, only ones I see having issues are those old people with the big signs as a gay rights parade goes by.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

No, getting married in an MMO is stupid.

And "u" is not a word.  Learn English.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

I guess I would impose the Burt Reynolds rule.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

1)  Yes, RIFT allows same-gender marriage

2)  No, not yet

3)  Sure, if I could ever get my partner to play, I'd do it as a romantic extension of our 20+ year relationship

4)  I think it's great way to make more gamers feel inclusive, and: More power to a game developer that's not afraid to be supportive and progressive.  Way to go!
  • FalconiumFalconium Member Posts: 20

1) Apparently RIFT. Maybe I should pay more attention to what goes on outside of raids. :P

2) No, in-game marriages aren't my idea of 'fun'. That goes for straight, gay, or pansexual marriages.

3) No, and my reason is the same as the reason I had for the second question.

4) If they're going to have marriages at all, they should allow same-gender marriages.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

1. Yes the first ever MMORRPG marriage I went to was back in 1999 I think. It was not only same sex, but also interacial,  between an Erudite male and an Iksar Male. It was hilarious and the GM was cheeky!

2.  I have never married anyone in an MMO. Though my self obsessed RP dwarf tried to marry himself.

3. No real thoughts either way about this one (see above)

4. Question should be "what" not :how". And I say more power to em. They already allow most everything else.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I guess the answer is no.

For some reason my wife is laughing hysterically because she was reading over my shoulder before I hit "reply"...

Going on 2:30min now :S

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• rdrakkenrdrakken Member Posts: 426

I married my male human Jedi to my male twilek Smuggler just so I could give birth to a female sith Warrior...in SWTOR.

I did that in honor of how stupid the legacy system was implimented.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I've never played a game where I could marry an avatar.
    I probably wouldn't get married in a game.
    I think if you're going to have avatars get married, you should let avatars of any race, sex or species marry each other.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• bostondreamsbostondreams Member Posts: 9

Well, I've married a same gender character in the Fallout games, for roleplaying and just because. I have no real objections to it.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I really can't seem to find anything resembling a desire to marry an avatar in any game. Real life women are so much more satisfying.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Unless its this awesome, I could honestly care less

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I haven't even wanted my character to marry or have any romantic relationship with someone of the opposite sex. If other people want to marry same or opposite sex then good for them, but in game romance is not for me, I have a wife in real life and that's more than enough relationship stuff for me without doing it all again in a game.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Unless there's something to gain, I don't care either way. I don't RP.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

It is not for me to stomp on the joys and fantasies of others.  We're all dancing with unicorns and dragons.

• critirichardcritirichard Member Posts: 8

Thank you, all. I would like to try Tamer Saga out because it may be a game to tame various creatures just by its name and it seems as if it features tons of combinations of combat units.

RTS RPG

Originally posted by Quirhid

Unless there's something to gain, I don't care either way. I don't RP.

I don't RP in MMOs at all because, no matter what letters you stick in the name, they're just not built for serious RPing.  They are progression games, built to level, gear-whore and kill things.  You can do other things in it, but while doing those things, you are not engaging in the game that you are playing.  It's like saying you're roleplaying Monopoly.  No, you're continually stopping the game, engaging in a separate activity, then restarting the game.

Now I'm not saying I won't RP, I've done it extensively in the past, in games that are specifically built for that.  In fact, the longest I ever played any online game was a social-only RP game that I played for 16 years straight.  In that time, my character(s) did get married multiple times, with marriages that lasted 5-7 RL years on average and usually ended only when one person or the other could no longer play the game.  I got to be extremely good friends with lots of people that I was RP married to, whether the player was male or female, friendships that I still enjoy to this day.

I do agree with you though, there's nothing to gain in an MMO by being married and there's nothing to gain by RPing.  It's about as stupid as playing Halo so you can RP a relationship between Master Chief and Cortana.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by grunty

1. I dunno

2. No

3. No, I have never had a desire to see any of my avatars 'married' to another avatar regardless of the avatars genders involved.

4. I don't care whether they do or not.

My views exactly.  I. Just. Don't. Care.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Cephus404

No, getting married in an MMO is stupid.

And "u" is not a word.  Learn English.

Many people think playing a video game as an adult is STUPID.  But I love your counter argument here real mature and maybe those many people are correct after all.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by Calerxes

Many people think playing a video game as an adult is STUPID.  But I love your counter argument here real mature and maybe those many people are correct after all.

Yet there are entire ratings for video games made specifically for adults.  The reality is, the median age for video-game players is 35, according to the ESA.  Go figure.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Well, I didn't realize Rift had in game marriage (or any marriage at all for that matter) and while I'm all about more realistic virtual worlds it's not a mechanic I'm interested in, regardless of sexual orientation.  (They can be fun to watch however)

I'd rather have a good guild housing system.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Would actually be kind of glad that the game produced at least two people who still wanted to RP.

Admiral Ackbar will answer the rest of those questions.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.