It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I played guild wars 1 on my friends account so I have no idea how the expansions worked before, I am curious though how expansions will be treated going forward in GW2.
I know the game has not been released yet, however I was wondering about these few questions:
1) What kind of content do you expect from expansions in a B2P game? (I would say simmilar to EQ expansions with hopefully a decent amount of content and fluff)
2) What is an acceptable time frame? (Every 6 months?)
3) What type of content patches are you expecting if any?
4) What is your preferred method of content updates in a B2P model?
5) How much would you pay per expansion? ($40 if the content was worth it)
I think I would prefer to buy expansions and I would like a few free content patches. Realistically I don't expect them to give us too much for free in that regard, at least from my experiance most companies don't bother unless its a f2p model with incentives.