Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Argon Queen Update Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has announced that it will be releasing a new TERA update called the "Argon Queen". The update will feature improvements to both the Warrior and Lancer classes to make them more effective on the battlefield as well as bring on board battleground that will feature 15 vs 15 action.

Players will also find new dungeons, including the dark and sinister Argon Corpus, the colorful and vibrant Sirjuka Gallery and the ultimate face-off against the argon queen herself in Manaya’s Core. Players will need to be at their best to fend off her relentless attacks. Players will also experience an expanded 10-person raid for the first time in the Nexus Traverse, with some of the biggest and baddest BAMs the world of TERA has ever seen. Look for more details surrounding this exciting update over the next month.

Keep your eye on the TERA site for more.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

if this content was in the game when it came out that would of been awsome, but with GW2 coming out next month this patch is to late imo.

• RykimaruhRykimaruh Member UncommonPosts: 18

I agree with DrunkWolf. Not only that, but it's going to be bad especially for people who stopped playing vs players who are 9+ enchanted with full nexus gear.

• RickoTRickoT Member Posts: 1

Same here, Tera destroyed my last desire to play MMO's, too much farming, RNG and BS.  If this stuff had been out at launch, maybe 90% of my guild wouldnt have left the game.  Oh well En Masse, nice try.  Too bad even a BBB complaint couldnt get the rest of my 1 year sub back :(

Check out my blog: http://www.rickot.me

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by RickoT

Same here, Tera destroyed my last desire to play MMO's, too much farming, RNG and BS.  If this stuff had been out at launch, maybe 90% of my guild wouldnt have left the game.  Oh well En Masse, nice try.  Too bad even a BBB complaint couldnt get the rest of my 1 year sub back :(

lol a BBB complaint? The BBB has no authority. It just registers complaints. that's like trying to get money back for a movie from Rotten Tomatoes.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Well, I"m into it so "I'm in".

Glad to see new content coming down the pipe.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Well, I"m into it so "I'm in".

Glad to see new content coming down the pipe.

same here looking forward to it.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Yea I love TERA. I will be playing for quite a while...My account has another 5 months free time due to buying chronoscrolls so I don't mind. I love the PVP and the combat. New content will be fun. I know a lot of people who quit will be back to check it out. VoT the server I am on is full of people. From the Isle of dawn up you see people.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

We in the eu are cursed with frogster, so expecting this update around the end of the year - for whoever they still have in the game. Their hopeless performance lost me some time back.

They are simply awful, and I would never play another game managed by them.

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

WAIT!!!! what happened to the so called Berserker fix Patch? i guess delayed until Chrismass lol

Ok i kept my account live with chronoscroll until october but im out already waiting on GW2

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    And what content does gw2 have at level cap? O yeah same thing you did 1-85 I don't play Tera personally may pick it up now though
  • LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Yawn. This is one boring game.

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

Too little, too late.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

TERA killed my desire to play MMO's. Its just like all the others. I did pick up vanguard the other day for the first time in years and have enjoyed it.

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99

Too little too late, BlueHole had this game in development for years and an entire year released in Korea before US even heard any its release news.

With all the mmos having some type of raiding content, they didn't seem to understand how to take a hint from it.

This update came too late TERA has already been ruined by the seperated community and dwindling player base.

• tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

cool game but pvp was super pointless i ganked  so much but it felt so empty i got bored and left

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

I'm done trying to fight for EME because it was a new game 3 months ago. As long as people defend them, they won't ever get around to fixing what needs to be fixed.

Our static party ran Fane of Kaprima HM today. We all noticed extremely bad lag. Usually it only spikes to 250 ms in that instance so it's bearable. Today, it spiked to 350-400 ms. A few of us died on the crab due to rubberbanding, but it's ok since we unequip our real crystals for this boss. Got to Kaprima and we had to use our real crystals. My guildies didn't have crystal binds, but I did. Well it was so laggy, none of us could move, our tank couldn't block, our healer couldn't heal, we died. They all broke crystals, I didn't. When the lag subsided to just a bit of lag, we continued and killed the boss. What did we get for all our troubles?

First 3 boss didn't drop fanesteel. Last bost dropped 2 fanesteels, crap and not enigmatic gear.

We all spoke about it and all came to the same consensus. We've been running this laggy crap instance for a while, probably over 30 times now and we've only managed to pool 168 fanesteels and gotten only 2 enigmatic drops while breaking countless crystals due to lag.

Is it even worth it anymore? Probably not. 

Add this instance lag issue on top of the imbalanced Slayer class destroying everyone in pvp (i know cause I have a slayer as well), never-ending grind for gold just to try to get lucky on your enchants while some lucky person gets it on first try, lack of meaningful group pvp (battlegrounds and sieges), a lagfest nexus only doable on weekends that promotes afkers (could've fixed this by making it so points are given based on participation like in RIFT), and the ability to freely transfer servers which completely screwed our server over..... this game has become bad, real bad!

I've been playing on KTERA and QoA part 2 is amazing to me, especially the battleground. Only bad thing is that EME took out a lot of the features that makes KTERA balanced. KTERA also doesn't have glyphs that doesn't work as intended. KTERA also has a cap on reflect in pvp just like they do in pve. Slayers are still the most popular class on KTERA though and everyone knows they are overpowered and the easiest class to dominate with in pvp.

• quikmixxquikmixx Member Posts: 14

This patch would have been better served for the game if released at launch. But I'm not so unrealistic or critical to say this was too late. Hopefully enmasse will learn there is too much competition to take so much time on updates. They need get it that people will move on if these games do not receive proper updates within reasonalble time frames. Since this patch is so big, many people will give them some slack, but from here on out if they continue to release content at this rate, people will simply move on.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by quikmixx

This patch would have been better served for the game if released at launch. But I'm not so unrealistic or critical to say this was too late. Hopefully enmasse will learn there is too much competition to take so much time on updates. They need get it that people will move on if these games do not receive proper updates within reasonalble time frames. Since this patch is so big, many people will give them some slack, but from here on out if they continue to release content at this rate, people will simply move on.

A lot of people have their own complaints about TERA and this is definitely mine. The game needs more content and it should not take forever to release. I believe KTERA got QOA2 patch in the beginning of this month and it looks like the US will finally get it sometime towards the end of August.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    So k Tera got this patch at the start of July and we are getting it soon... Not a bad turn around time I think..

ps... Wow xpac is coming out September 25, so if this patch doesn't come out before then, it's Bye bye Tera... As I'll be too busy switching between wow and Gw2..
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99

would be nice if they cared more about arenas and bg's. is this just one bg? i think it is. for a game like this, i think there should be more pvp to do. if they had a pvp only update i would probably come back to this game. with 5 bg's and 2v2/3v3 arenas.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

To little to late.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Looks promising.

• AlminieAlminie Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by RickoT

Real problem with most mmo's these days is,

They tend to be geared to Casual players, since this is the case most ppl Casualy join a MMO, and ppl Casualy quit the MMO, there are no real challenges in mmo's anymore RNG is not a challenge ether and doesn't make a MMO challenging at all just makes ppl waste time.

what we need is a MMO that put a real challenge back into the MMO not RNG and not something that is all about having the Best Pc to run it, something with a real story that ppl will get drawn into, and has Mob encounters that make sense,  not a group of Mobs that are in the middle of the desert and they just looks like they are placed there at random and do nothing but PAT is a random direction for a few secs etc.

lets hope this changes sometime soon other wise MMO's will just lose all interest, and then Gamers will have to find something new.  Which isn't such a bad thing.  ;-)

• cooleechang1cooleechang1 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Doesn't hurt to try getting your sub money back.  I got my 6 month back after a fight with their support which results in my account+game being deleted.  I got it back through dispute/claim via paypal which en mass never reply so easy win.