Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Fate of Eorzea Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix and the Final Fantasy XIV team have released the first trailer from "A Realm Reborn", the v2.0 version of the game that has long been in production. The video gives the first hints as to what players can expect from a total overhaul of the game world. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nordyanordya Member Posts: 82

That is sexy

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

hmmm...a Realm Reborn.....Firefall Reborn.....think we will see Diablo3:Reborn!...

<.<

ill take firefall reborn -ty.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

You can only burn so many bridges until people just start ignoring you.  I think they are close to that point now.  FFXI is still a far better game.  

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Shame it's just a cinematic. Well, here's hoping PS3 launch goes better for them than PC one did.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I think SE learned their lesson and are really trying to make up for it. I will be looking forward to this.

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245

The voice really annoyed me for some reason. Sounded like a scrawny tween doing a fake macho movie voice while still over emphasizing his "S"s. It sounded comical/parody-ish......like a movie trailer in southpark or something.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

I suggest watching it muted, that announcer is not doing the game any favors.  SE would have to truly pull off a miracle with their 2.0 overhaul to garner my interest back to FFXIV.  I would love it if they did this, but I'll be watching from afar and looking for extensive gameplay trailers and complete system explanations (crafting, jobs, combat, economy, questing), not cinematics.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

How anyone can be angry at SE is beyond me, they release a game that they THINK everyone will like, they were wrong so they let you play that game for nearly a year for FREE as a "we're sorry" . Mean while they work hard to completely change the game to make it something that thier fans say they would prefer and when it's done they are not going to charge anyone a second time but rather let you pick up subbing if you like the new version.

Yeah, how they burned them bridges.... it's no wonder most companies don't care about doing right by the customer when they screw up, because the customers will just bash you anyways so they might as well make as much money as they can.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• mike4fantasymike4fantasy Member UncommonPosts: 16

Hmm look good ... Looking forward 2.0

• liliyoliliyo Member Posts: 43

i really wanna try ff14 as i am a big fan of the ff franchise (except ff13 ofc)

but heard the game was prett bad and the yfired the whole team and now they re do the game with new engine,UI,mechanics etc etc

i hope their will be trial or something for ff14v2

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

I'll be keeping my eye on this 2.0 version.

• liliyoliliyo Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

You can only burn so many bridges until people just start ignoring you.  I think they are close to that point now.  FFXI is still a far better game.  

Now but once version 2 is out i dont think it will

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

behemoth :O cool video but no ingame footage ......

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Mawnee

The voice really annoyed me for some reason. Sounded like a scrawny tween doing a fake macho movie voice while still over emphasizing his "S"s. It sounded comical/parody-ish......like a movie trailer in southpark or something.

Agreed, but the cinimatic was good. And I am looking forward to 2.0, but like another reply said, it may do folks well to watch it muted

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I just noticed the 5.1 rating given by this site.

You gotta have balls the size of watermelons to do that and give SWTOR an 8.7.

• spector_0_0spector_0_0 Member Posts: 28

I wanted to like FF14 when I beta'd the game, but it was horribly plagued by sooo many issues.  I'm looking forward to v2.0, as it seems like the game will finally reach the potential it has.  I wish them luck!

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

I thought that they were going to show some of the improvements.  Is it becoming a real-time cutscene game?  Or was this just a video...?

I guess I was expecting them to actually mention something about 2.0 rather than showing a CGI video which, in these days, doesn't really mean anything.

Oh well.. still doesn't make me interested in it a second time.  I hope they manage to salvage it.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I will say that the game runs infinitely better now than at launch. I can even put the graphics up to max and run it pretty decently.

The interface is much more snappy. There is more tutorial information so that can also be a help to people.

I'm curious to see what they do with the combat and the interface.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tumtum42tumtum42 Member Posts: 22

looking forward to changes but then again im also looking forward to getting my tongue ring

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I will say that the game runs infinitel better now than at launch. I can even put the graphics up to max and run it pretty decently.

The interface is much more snappy. There is more tutorial information so that can also be a help to people.

I'm curious to see what they do with the combat and the interface.

My #1 thing that they need to fix is the tab and combat. It's annoying as hell a lot of times.

Smile

• InsanelolInsanelol Member Posts: 21

Abyssea...yeah sure, lol

I'll keep enjoying myself in 14 and not a now dead game since Abyssea's involvement.

bloop

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55

Hopefully this turns out well - I really love SE as a company, and they were incredibly apologetic during the bad times of their game. Now spending so much time to turn it around - I really hope it goes well.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Neat.... too bad I'll never resub.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by liliyo

Now but once version 2 is out i dont think it will

I'll believe it when I see it. I still remember the hype surrounding FFXIV release and the fans claiming that it's the best game ever, how it's going to overshadow FFXI, etc. We all know how that turned out, right?

It took SE 2 years after the game's release to get it from a barely functional engine demo to an actual game. I'm keeping my expectations low.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Wow...this is Square Enix's forté. Awesome clip.