Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

AP & SP gain seems inbalanced...

AthisioAthisio spring, PAPosts: 72Member

Anyone else notice this? i am 2 skills away from having 2 decks complete yet my skills aren't even 10 for my first deck.

Warlock deck completed

hammer 10

Chaos 5

All talismans 10

Puritan Deck 2 Skills away from completetion

Shotgun 0

Hammer 10

all talismans 10

Comments

• ChtugaChtuga OsloPosts: 113Member

For me its the other way around ;)

0 decks completed and skills AR, Elemental, Swords, all talismans filled...

Id advice you to look outside of the decks as they are just clothes and a guideline :P

• SarykSaryk Tallulah, LAPosts: 476Member
    Originally posted by Chtuga

For me its the other way around ;)

0 decks completed and skills AR, Elemental, Swords, all talismans filled...

Id advice you to look outside of the decks as they are just clothes and a guideline :P

I agree with Chtuga. I am close to finishing Chaos and Hammers, plus all of the Talismans. But yet to complete one deck , I am close however.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,614Member Uncommon

Hmmm...

If that's the case then there's a bit of a problem with the vertical progression of going for a deck and nothing but the deck.

I've meandered all over the skill wheel mixing and matching with total disregard for decks: a hefty dose of horizontal progression. For my play style I haven't felt any imbalance and I have all the weapons I use (AR, Blade, Ele, Blood) in my different builds as well as all my talismans where they should be.

I can't say I'm too surprised though since decks were added relatively late in the development cycle. AP and SP gains are not balanced around them.

• DakirnDakirn Kansas City, MOPosts: 374Member Uncommon

The decks really exist for two reasons

1. Give new players overwhelmed by the wheel a way to find a synergestic build

2. A multislot clothing piece for competing the deck

They aren't meant to be the best or more synergestic builds in the game.. just a guide line.

For example I think the Warrior deck for Dragon has horrible abilities but I still made a shot/AR build for the synergies.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect CardiffPosts: 1,243Member

It depends if you're buying both tracks of the weapon skills or not. After my first playthrough I found there's really no point to doing that. If you're playing a tank then get only the survivability lines, if dps then the damage lines. When I finished Preacher I'd bought both lines of both Sword and Blood as well as the Talismans and then realised I had a long way to go before I got any points to build the other skills up to scratch. It's at that point I realised I didn't need to have put the points in where I did. That's basically why I restarted, so I could give myself more freedom without having to grind for days to get more skill points.