Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

How many skill you have?

HonnerHonner SydneyPosts: 504Member

I'm just curious, watching some gameplay videos i saw the skill bar and I was wondering how many active skills you have at any given time in TSW, it is just 7? how that work?

Comments

• abyss404abyss404 Lemont, ILPosts: 67Member Common

Indeed, you can have 7 Active skills choosen between your two weapon types. And 7 passive skills that can come from ANYWHERE. So yeah, the number of potential combinations is a bit staggering.

• RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

Its just 7, the game is based on making builds instead of having every skill and unloading lines upon lines of spells.

you use synergy to make your skills most effective your 7 passives support your 7 actives to make them as strong as possible.

Example,

My build was a AOE zone stack which everytime i crit i get a counter. at 7 counters i deal a extra 1000 damage. now i have a high crit rate and hit 5 times a second.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

What's the build, Rayshe? I'm currently running around with AR/Blades at the moment but buying skills to save up for AR/Chaos.

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Debt Is my current build.

Pistol, elemental.  your passives should be Crit boosters and Live wire for the extra damage. Also use Inferno plus its passive to turn it into a zone AoE instead of just a AoE.

This was my build in beta and i havent gotten the money to reget the game. this build burnt enemies in the fangs like nothing. and if you could get a player that tanks without kiteing, you will have the highest DPS.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.

• HonnerHonner SydneyPosts: 504Member

So, basically 7 skills to use and 7 passive? and the 7 passive are not displayed on the UI?

Ahh, yes. I ran around with pistols/elemental for a bit during Savage Coast. It was pretty solid, just didn't like the lack of ability to keep myself healed.

• mistafistmistafist Warren, OHPosts: 119Member Uncommon

You can display the passives if you want to.  There's a small arrow to click on the skill bar that shows em.

Originally posted by Honner

So, basically 7 skills to use and 7 passive? and the 7 passive are not displayed on the UI?

you can display them if you want. there is a option for it. its just a waste of room though, none of them are activatable.

i Also used a modified Magus build for my templar, the magus build alone only needs minor changes to be good. the main person i ran things with liked to kite so i rarely got to use my zone DPS build in instances.

Because i can.

• HonnerHonner SydneyPosts: 504Member

ty for the info and the link. image