Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does everybody hate it???

2»

Comments

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

because it's developed by the french

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373

Really bad name.

No seriously.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lthompson94lthompson94 Member Posts: 194

The game has over 500k subs... so it's more popular than WAR, AoC, EVE, LoTRO, and many others.  I wouldn't say no one likes it.  Please don't be a whiner and ask me to cite where I got the number... you're grown-ups who all have access to google.  Oh well f*ck it... www.mmodata.net is a relatively reliable one to check if you really must.

Doubtful that those are US subs though.  But you know, the US isn't the end-all be-all of the industry. 

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

i hope this is not necroposting, but i wanted to leave my opinion here.

the problem with Dofus is that because its 2D environment and its tactical combat. as much as some people cannot understand the combat in EVE for example, most MMOs are based in action combat and overpowered 3D graphics, and it seems they cannot tolerate any MMO different than that.

i have played EVE, WoW, Lineage II, Aion and others and i can say that it gets boring after a time, Dofus instead has given me more hours to spend than in any other 3D MMO with action combat. why?, because its gameplay mechanics.

for the ones who complain about being grindy:

1. this game isnt quest focused

2. you dont get money killing monsters, the money is earn with the professions, and even with that, you have to deal with a player based economy.

3. you have to kill big groups of mobs in order to get more loot

4. this isnt your average gear based game, you have to distribute your stats and get an strategy depending of them.

5. the tactical based combat is more than just wait a few turns and punch the monsters, you have to actually use your brain in order to not get killed.

in a nutshell, this game isnt for the average LFR GOGOGO and the "this game uses unreal engine over 9000".......

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187

Malware warning and a guide from them to disable my antivirus program while installing is enough for me to see this game as a pos.

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Buttski

Malware warning and a guide from them to disable my antivirus program while installing is enough for me to see this game as a pos.

that's strange, i have NOD32 and i installed it without problems, the only issue is a problem with the sound application, but looks like is an issue with Windows XP, since it runs very great in Windows 7.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Locking this thread due to necroing.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.