Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Zynga stock pounded

XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,918Member Uncommon

For those that follow the business side of social gaming, Zynga stock took a pounding in after hours trading between last night and this morning.  Down 40%.  Currently at $3.05.  Compare that to the 52 week high of $15.91 set in March.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

thanks for the tip..

• ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,300Member Uncommon

Was to be expected. It's much like

Most 'software houses' that are not selling actual physical products might boost their worth on paper when they need money, but in fact, they're not really worth a dime...

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• Skibo12Skibo12 Westland, MIPosts: 41Member Common
    Well considering Zynga paid FB huge sums of $$$ fro users private data and got caught, I'm not surprised.
  • thexratedthexrated OuluPosts: 1,368Member Common
    Originally posted by Reizla

Most 'software houses' that are not selling actual physical products might boost their worth on paper when they need money, but in fact, they're not really worth a dime...

Considering that the most software business are moving to the service model, you could not be more wrong. 

With Zynga and Facebook, you have bloated evalutions. Just like with the Internet Bubble at the turn of the millenium. Their evalution is based on the estimated potential of that business rather than concerete earnings.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,474Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by thexrated
    Originally posted by Reizla

Considering that the most software business are moving to the service model, you could not be more wrong. 

With Zynga and Facebook, you have bloated evalutions. Just like with the Internet Bubble at the turn of the millenium. Their evalution is based on the estimated potential of that business rather than concerete earnings.

Exactly what I was going to say.   The same thing happened with Television industry back in the 50s/60s. 

• laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,945Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by XAPGames

For those that follow the business side of social gaming, Zynga stock took a pounding in after hours trading between last night and this morning.  Down 40%.  Currently at $3.05.  Compare that to the 52 week high of $15.91 set in March.

Great news as far as I'm concerned, sleezy company.

I feel for the little guys that got burned, but not for the ones that should have known better.

"If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee

• chilipinchilipin HamarPosts: 13Member
    Think this is caused by the cases againist them. For the copyright issue of sim, and other games.

Come to the World of Magic Earth. http://dragona.sc.gameclub.com

• XAPKenXAPKen Northwest, INPosts: 4,918Member Uncommon

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now turned Amateur Game Developer.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  Realm Lords 2 on MMORPG.com
  • Lethargic_SynapseLethargic_Synapse Kissimmee, FLPosts: 67Member
    Somebody's now bald with hair all over their palms.
  • fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member
    Hope Nexon is next.
  • bigronbigron Brooklyn, NYPosts: 42Member

I wrote a sell piece on them months ago, got called insane by hundreds of people. LOL

Horrible company. The scammy company acquisitions (inflates their sheets, like what Enron and crew did) and theft of IP was just the tip of the iceberg. Stock option clawback provision and generally bad management means when that company sinks it's the Hindenberg. They also have no profit, or as far as I could tell, even revenue from their core business.

Long overdue.