Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift: Former Subscribers Invited Back

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Trion Worlds is inviting all former Rift subscribers with at least one character level 20 or able to come back and check out the game for free from now through July 29th. The invitation offers players a chance to try out all of the new content and is completely unrestricted.

Beginning today, all former Riftplayers are invited back to Telara to sample the latest and greatest content that Trion’s hit MMORPG has to offer. Any previous subscribers with characters above level 20 can log in for free through Sunday, July 29th and experience unrestricted access to recently-added features, including Conquest (three-faction PvP), four new zones of Instant Adventure, the new Primeval Feast raid sliver, and the popular Mentoring system.

Grab all the details on the Rift site.

The Maze of DOOOM! (Not really.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

Rift is just to boring to even want to go back.

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

I was actually waiting for something like this

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I was going to, but then EQ2 had its PvP patch so I am busy doing that.

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

This event is going to suffer due to bad timing: Conquest, most probably the feature people will be logging in for to try is still a complete mess still. Worst still over on the EU side since the servers got merged into basically one battlegroup.

Players aren't playing Conquest 'as intended' and two out of the three factions just either blob up and 'zerg' the other faction's camps and farm, leaving the thrid faction just to mop up the objectives winning the game, that should take up to an hour to complete, in about 15-20 minutes.

The idea itself isn't bad, it's the insentives given and the way they are given that still rewards 'farming' Conquest and not 'playing', having BIS items for PVE players within Conquest isn't helping either as they have no intendsion of doing anything then going AFK/farming kills for a quick and easy point injection to get their gear to instance.

The rest of the game is fine but until either Trion does a huge insentive revamp forcing the playerbase to actually play Conquest as intended, or the playerbase actually bothers to do something instead of expecting welfare gear (highly unlikely) expect to be heavily frustrated with Conquest as a feature.

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Rift is one of my favourite games. If I wasn't subbed to TSW I'd be subbed to Rift again especially if they had that killer promotion once more.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

im surprised its only 4 days -- both SOE (pre ftp) and Blizzard gave 1+ weeks to old subs

4 days is adequate to poke around tho

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

Man, i wish GW2 would come out already.

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

Anything is fine to eat up the days waiting for GW2.  Less than 1 month to go...

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

Rift is one of my favourite games. If I wasn't subbed to TSW I'd be subbed to Rift again especially if they had that killer promotion once more.

Same here. Only thing that prevented me to go back is that I have been playing since release SWTOR. :-))

But have tried this days which reminded me what was the most disturbing part of Rift. Its name, rift(s). Is just pure nightmare being on some quest hub where there are dozens of rifts around, thousands of enemies that kills constantly all npcs around and players of course. Main problem with Rift is, its main feature is not adapted to NUMBER of players present. And I'm sad this has not changed a bit. So instaead of enjoying this 2 free days, when I logged back there was nighmare of invasions around. Nothing to do. Ok, had guess misfortune to have time exactly when full scale invasions occured. But main feature of Rift is for me main no-no to sub back.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

meh , the instanta adventure thing is cool , but other than that....

macro spam .....killed the game and still kill it for me :(