Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game must be the best one out there cause no one is slamming it on this site

WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

And yes my friends the game I spesak of is TERA. Best game around? I have been playing it since release and am loving it (never thought I would considering the negative posts around release time). But to my amazment it has a very thriving community and for some reason no one on this site is bad-mouthing it anymore. Could it be that everyone who is playing it nowdays is having so much fun they can't spare the time to come to the forums and bitch and moan about it like they do every other game that's out? Maybe it is the best game around.....I'm logging on now and will check the replies tommorrow after work BEFORE I log into TERA!

Comments

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

nope it still gets bashed.  I"m not going to bash it, I had a fun time while it lasted, the combat has great potential it just needs some sort of place (hint hint Arena, objective based open world pvp etc) to use it in.  As of now the game boils down to serveral elements.   As my guild leader does every day and admits it feels like a job rather than playing for fun.  He logs in, for his Hardmode dungeons hoping for materials to create his materwork gear, then logs out, then once in  awhile logs into to do the nexus (pve) to get his pvp gear. and then logs out.   Additonally enchanting and hoping to get his weapon/gear up to +12

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I quited TERA a couple of months ago that´s why i don´t speak of it in forums... Vanarchs since launch.

Not a bad game...but too repetitive for my taste... from one quest hub to to the next one grinding everything in the map asorted by races/look like groups... just way too repetitive...no surprise factor.

Combat is very fun indeed....but i´m simply too burn out of that kind of gameplay.

imageimage

imageimage

my sorc in TERA.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

lol you are funny man people are not bashing it anymore because hardly anyone even plays it. You got a couple of servers that have a decent pop but thats about it. Tera was never under a lot of peoples radar here compared to SWTOR or GW2 so your not going to find multiple threads all the time bashing it. Tera is just like Aion no more, no less you have your hardcore fans that prefer it but its very little and mass majority of people playing mmorpgs do not care about it.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Honestly, I'd forgotten about it completely.  There are better titles coming out and TERA disappointed me.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

It was a lot of fun for a bit but I had enough during the beta week-ends to know I would not be playing long term.

I think the reason there isn't the hate is because there isn't the fanboy element either.  The game is what it said it would be.  it is not bad, nor spectacular.  

Just because no one bashes it does not mean it is good. . there hasn't been a lot of over the top praise either which you would expect (even here) if the game was t hat phenomenal.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Its spotlight has simply come and gone, OP. The players that didn't enjoy the game have complained and gone leaving mostly those that are content with the game. There are newer games for posters here to bash.

Certainly if you go to Tera's official forums and its subforum here you can find threads complaining about it.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

nah, people just got bored of bashing it months ago.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Instanced Channels, linear quest hub to quest hub gameplay and no real reason for the open world pvp is why I quit. How can you fight over a certain boss, area or resource when you can just go to another channel of the same thing. Not a bad game but totally not what I am looking for. 

• GamerUntouchGamerUntouch Member Posts: 488

No, It's just that no one cares about it.

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

I still play, been playing since Beta and I love it. On the VoT server. To each his own. The game does need more stuff such as BG's and Sieging and what not. Overall I still have fun I take it for what it is worth.

• PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105

I still play it

The biggest problem in my opinion is the same problem most mmos have, end game content. Dungeons are fun but doing the same few isn't. PVP is fun but only if people are willing to do it.  I don't even want to talk about Nexus. Leveling was too easy in TERA so I never saw the big deal about it (unless you play a healer or Lancer then it's freaking torture).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Wrender

And yes my friends the game I spesak of is TERA. Best game around? I have been playing it since release and am loving it (never thought I would considering the negative posts around release time). But to my amazment it has a very thriving community and for some reason no one on this site is bad-mouthing it anymore. Could it be that everyone who is playing it nowdays is having so much fun they can't spare the time to come to the forums and bitch and moan about it like they do every other game that's out? Maybe it is the best game around.....I'm logging on now and will check the replies tommorrow after work BEFORE I log into TERA!

A swing and a miss!  [user edit] [mod edit]

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

It's impolite to speak badly of the deceased.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by pierth

Its spotlight has simply come and gone, OP. The players that didn't enjoy the game have complained and gone leaving mostly those that are content with the game. There are newer games for posters here to bash.

Certainly if you go to Tera's official forums and its subforum here you can find threads complaining about it.

I agree

not a bad thing tho - I rather have my preferred games out of the spotlight

on the forums, there always seems to be more vocal critics than anything else

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I played TERA for a few months, the combat system was pretty fun, but there isn't much of a MMORPG there, especially when you get to end game.  Unless you enjoy grinding up your gear (that you really have no use for) there's not much to do.

People don't bash it because it's largely being forgotten.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

There yah go.  Under the "any chatter is good chatter" theory, you were successful in stirring up a brief spate of comment.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Nobody plays it anymore. How many copies did it sell anyways? For that matter, how many copies did TSW sell?

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well, like others I purchased it and quit playing a short time into it. It has a great combat system and graphics but the grind is not my style.

Anyway, the game took its bashing on this site, and it has faded with the player base. If you can use the "unique hits" in the Most Popular Games here, you can see that it usually has about the same number as Aion, which in my view, is about the same game.

I wish the game would go f2p and I would occasionally jump back in just for the combat, but other than that I will play something else. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i think tera is  good game aswell.

I played beta but for some reason this game lacks of pvp elements.

open world pvp is a joke..

If they would patch the game with things like territory control/castles/housing i would defo buy it.

I like the visuals and combat system there just awesome..

Game could have been must better with simple implentation of pvp elements instead of there current political crap system..

to me tera is defo an pve game.. which is fine.. but just not for me..

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

It's still on my "try it someday" list of games.  No time right now.  Give me a few years, I'll get to it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Generally speaking only the latest, greatest titles get bashed on this forum and tera's time was short lived and has long come and gone..

Playing GW2..

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Tera was launched in such a bad spot (start of May).

I played it non-stop for few weeks before D3 came out. Once I was done with D3, TSW came out.

Tera was one of those games I would've liked to play longer but they released it way too late :/

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    It's a SOLID game but solid is not enough these days with the amount of games out now or coming soon.
    I've said my word on the official forums about the lack of fun things to do at max level aside from the same ol shitty dungeons and the gear, enchanting and gold bring.

"As my guild leader does every day and admits it feels like a job rather than playing for fun. He logs in, for his Hardmode dungeons hoping for materials to create his materwork gear, then logs out, then once in awhile logs into to do the nexus (pve) to get his pvp gear. and then logs out. Additonally enchanting and hoping to get his weapon/gear up to +12"
    This is TERA's problem.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

The game got 3rd degree burns from the flaming it got from this community when it first released.

But ya lately their hasnt been much.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

It's the opposite : the more a game has potential, the more it attracts haters.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****