Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO and DDO are down after a massive server crash

JaredKFanJaredKFan Member UncommonPosts: 22

Both games as well as the websites are currently not working after a massive server-wide crash. I was in LOTRO and it crashed and blue screened on me.  When I got the game running again, it would not work and neither would DDO.  The games' websites also are not working.  We're all waiting on Turbine to announce what's wrong.  Thought I'd give everyone here a head's up.

Jared

Comments

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

Yea. Just tried logging into to DDO and their website. Not working. neither is myaccount.turbine.com

• csdragoncsdragon Member Posts: 1

Okay, so it has been over an hour since I have not been able to login to the servers. You would think turbine would post something on twitter or something by now. I also find it odd that there is hardly anyone else communicating their issues in these forums or others.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987

Can't log in. I suspect foreign cyber attack. image

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504

any idea of what happened? that's weird

• HallowelHallowel Member Posts: 42

This is what happens when you fondle the Realms from beyond.  You unleash the Spellplague unto your world and it has now begun to affect Eberron and quickly spreads to take out Middle-Earth and Auberean.  Now we know why the Mayan Calendar ends on 12-21-2012 - that is the date when it will spread from the worlds Turbine has unleased the Spellplague upon and thus unto Earth.

*Ra Hallowel gently covets his Blueflame Ring and prays to olde' Mystryl then addresses Elminster followed by nine specific words warning him of our appending apocolypse*

~Ra Hallowel

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Today's the (already delayed) start of Farmer's faire, with some Nortcotton-ish elements in it (they said it in dev diary).
    So I guess the hobbits tried to avoid that the Big Folk slap them around Bywater all day long, and somehow locked us out for good...
  • Lando2Lando2 Member Posts: 2

Looks like the servers are responding to ping attempts, so the servers are there and running.   So this appears to be something on the server side of things rather than some connection issue.    Still not up 3 hours later.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Wave bye bye to your account and credit card information.... again... sigh

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Looks like something similar is going on with WAR as well. DCed in the middle of playing, website is intermittently available, patch server takes forever to connect then wont connect to game servers after you login.

• chopper72chopper72 Member Posts: 2

I wish there was some kind of official statement. I can't find any news anyware but here; and everyone here seems to be as much in the dark as I am. It had to be when I finally get a night off.image

Oh well, at least I'm not alone.image

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247

Something was going on earlier, before the crash. I got kicked, but managed to log back in for a few minutes before the big one. I'm missing my Lotro, I was gonna grab some monster skills from the shop before the weekly deal change, but me finks I missed the boat there.

• TronolaiTronolai Member Posts: 9

On their facebook and twitter they mention nothing. They would if nobody was playing.

I dont think its server crashes.

Probably lots of people are playing it right now, I think its a routing issue for some of us.

Could somebody with a facebook or twitter account point out the problem to them?

• Lando2Lando2 Member Posts: 2

I doubt it's a routing problem since all the website status servers that I can find report the website as down as well.  

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

in an attempt to be helpful, i loaded up my DDO and logged in just fine 30 seconds ago.

servers are definitely up.