Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought 3 GW2 Box's

TalketzantoTalketzanto Member UncommonPosts: 205

I bought 3 GW2 box's so i have 2 for my friends that i convince to play the game.....Won't be hard to convince someone to play a game for free with no subs......Who else did this? I might be in the minority but think it was a good idea to get friends to try the game :)..........

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Hi, I want to be your friend. Can you buy me GW2?

...but seriously...damn...lucky friends.

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

Good idea, although at this point I would have saved my money until I found those 2 friends to play....then maybe purchase it for them?  If you have to convince them to play...that most likely wont last very long....I dont think having bought it for them will keep them playing a game they dont like or are not interested in. 

Anyway...its a good thing if you have someone in mind that you know will appreciate the gesture, but other than that....I would have waited. 

• TorrmwyreTorrmwyre Member UncommonPosts: 66

$60 game given to friends for free? I have a hard enough time convincing someone to buy the Torchlight 2 4 pack.

OP must be good guy greg.

• XPraetorianXXPraetorianX Member CommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Talketzanto

I bought 3 GW2 box's so i have 2 for my friends that i convince to play the game.....Won't be hard to convince someone to play a game for free with no subs......Who else did this? I might be in the minority but think it was a good idea to get friends to try the game :)..........

Not at all man. Good friend of mine is  into eq2 still. I got him the game so he could do beta with me last weekend. I Figured if he did not like it id hook my IT guy up at the office for his birthday this friday. (Always a good idea to keep those guys happy) Well he liked it so now I still got to get the IT guy at my office a copy for his birthday this friday lol. So in total thats 5. Me my two sons my best firend and IT guy. How many gifts can you give that last as long as somthing like GW2 will last for the money its a hell of a gift.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Your not alone.  I purchased 3 copies of GW2 several months ago at our local GameStop.  I paid for them in full and now I'm just waiting for some GW2 goodness on the 25th.  :)

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

Oddly enough, I've already bought 2 and am buying a 3rd tomorrow. Only one is for me.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I wish I could buy 3 friends to give GW2 to, ;D

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

The only MMO anyone ever bought me was SWTOR *cry*

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I plan to buy GW2 for friends and family that havent bought it yet for xmas presents. So far I've pre-purchased 7 digital deluxe editions for myself hubby our son and other family members for Aug 25th for headstart.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

I've bought me and my wife a copy, my alt account, so thats 3, and plan on buying a few of my close friends copies for birthdays that are coming up and christmas. There are always those certain friends you know that will love certain games, but don't want to buy them because they arent sure theyll love it (but you have that inside information from playing and know their personality goes well with the game).

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

I bought 4 copies. For me, my wife and two friends.

I'm certain that those of us who posted here are not the only ones who have bought more than one copy :-)

See ya'll on August 25th!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Wish my friends bought my copy =(.

Oh well, I'll settle for them buying their own. Note to self: May have to feign disinterest next time.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

My friends and I pooled some money to help another friends get an account in time for one of the BWEs...GW2 makes a great gift.

Also, I have a friend who you couldn't make play GW2...actually, I let him try it and he kind got lost and couldn't figure out where to go and what to do.  Back to maple story for him...

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I will have to remember this, GW2 will make a great birthday present.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Nice friend you are! Good ploy to get them to play with you though. I bought 1 digital deluxe for myself and my wife got one too. Funny how back in the day when we were dating she use to make fun of me. All it took was letting her make a toon on Age of Conan and try it out and that is where it all started for her lol. Pay attention guys who want thier girls to play. Just let them make and design the toon and make them roll a healer. They will love it. Now when we get a new MMO I usually have to wait an hour and a few remakes of toons for my wife to get situated lol. She makes damn good looking toons though so now I make her make mine. I tell her what I want and she makes it look good because I make dumb looking toons.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

I bought 3 copies also, 2 digital deluxe editions for my friends and a collectors edition for myself.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

I didn't have to buy my friends/family copies... we all got our own the day pre-purchase was available on the gw2 site >.>

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I bought two copies. I'll likely use the second to try to hook friends and house guests on the game with some same room coop play. :) I can also see gifting this game to a few people I exchange gifts with. With no sub fee, it's an MMO you can actually gift, with out sticking the giftee with a sub fee that they may feel obligated to play after being given the game for free.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

This got me thinking a bit.

Me and the kids already bought the game but an extra copy would be a good thing. With leveladjustments it would be nice to use the extra copy as an introrun with visiting friends.

Besides: At €60 for 5 charslots + storage is not in any way expensive compared to a 5 charslot upgrade in the ingame store.

Guess we need to expect incoming: "QQ - Anet forces me to buy extra accounts" now. (j/k)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

I'm usually the one doing this for my friends as well due to me playing so many games and jumping from one to the next every 3-6 months (been a rash of poor content games and I play casually).  This is actually the first game I will not be doing this.  They have other mmo's that they are currently playing and don't seem to be interested at all in GW2 due to their experiences in the first one.  I got them beta keys, they never used them, sent them videos that they don't watch.  Oh well, they will just have to listen to me yammer on about it!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I wouldn't waste money buying this game for my friends... My friends suck.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Lolz i bought 3 copies to :P

1 for me !

1 for my wife 

1 for my 14 year old son !

its a damn long wait for the 25 august tough :(

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

That's exactly the only way I would play GW2, a friend buying the game for me and forcing me to play it.

But that's not gonna happend, forever alone ~~~

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

I wanted to buy it for a friend but because he is very picky, wants to be absolutely sure on the games he plays and wasn't fussed about GW2 I grabbed him a key from a giveaway for BWE2 first and before I was able to he pre-purchased it himself. But the intention was there :)

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Originally posted by elocke

I wish I could buy 3 friends to give GW2 to, ;D

lol.

Sending you big hugs eloclke

this doesnt mean were friends however :D

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!