Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: TV Show Production Kicks Off

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The Syfy television show tie-in to Trion Worlds' upcoming sci-fi MMO, Defiance, has begun production today in Toronto, Ontario. The first season will consist of 12 episodes and stars Grant Bowler as Jeb Nolan, the series' protagonist alongside renowned Dances with Wolves and The Green Mile actor, Graham Greene, among others.

Set in the near future, Defiance introduces an exotically transformed planet Earth, its landscapes permanently altered following the sudden – and tumultuous – arrival of seven unique alien races.  In this somewhat unknown and unpredictable landscape, the richly diverse, newly-formed civilization of humans and aliens must learn to co-exist peacefully.  Each week, viewers will follow an immersive character drama set in the boom-town of Defiance, which sits atop the ruins of St. Louis, MO, while in the game, players will adventure in the new frontier of the San Francisco Bay area. The dramatic tapestry of the series and the intense action of the game will exist in a single universe where their respective narratives will inform one another and evolve together into one overall story.

The game and TV series will debut simultaneously in April 2013.

Comments

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

This is a MMO first. Unfortunately it is partner with the Syfy channel. I hope this concept last as long as for say Eureka did but I am not holding my breath.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Seems like anything associated with a TV show or movie comes out half baked.  Have to see what they end up with here.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

It's Trion so the game will probably be playable and fairly well polished.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365
    If they can stay true to the concept, should be cool.. I hoping if the syfy series doesn't turn in many sessions that the game continues..
  • MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I will give it a watch. These types of shows are limited in numbers and I really hate having Falling Skies as one of the few. This could fill that void.

I do have more confidence in the game than the show though. Fingers crossed.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Seems like anything associated with a TV show or movie comes out half baked.  Have to see what they end up with here.

Me for starters won't be able to fully enjoy the game if I was to play it) since we don't have SyFy (I know, I can download the series from the net...)

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

Can't wait for this MMO! It might top my list.

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322

awesome, with swtor dead, looking for another sci-fi game.

• steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147

Remember Stargate: Worlds?

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by Isturi

This is a MMO first. Unfortunately it is partner with the Syfy channel. I hope this concept last as long as for say Eureka did but I am not holding my breath.

Was thinking this as well. If it doen't set the world on fire it will probably get replaced by cheap hybrid monster flicks (Pirranha Pterodactyl Fish vs. Tigerzilla et al.)  and niche sci-fi reruns.

The game looks pretty badass though.

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by Isturi

Now you've made me a Sad Panda :( Eureka is finished :(

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom