Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO Focus Group Update #13

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Star Vault released another update today regarding their upcoming Awakening expansion:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-13.76344/#post-1333471

A lot of information on many of the systems coming with the update.  The old GUI has been almost completely replaced with the new; info on dyes; update on performance gains; news about bags; info on some new content being added throughout the world.

They also stated that there will likely only be one more large update between now and the time Awakening launches.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Rohn

Star Vault released another update today regarding their upcoming Awakening expansion:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-13.76344/#post-1333471

A lot of information on many of the systems coming with the update.  The old GUI has been almost completely replaced with the new; info on dyes; update on performance gains; news about bags; info on some new content being added throughout the world.

They also stated that there will likely only be one more large update between now and the time Awakening launches.

Well I'd normally give feedback now. Bad feedback. But giving bad feedback on anything SV does is like taking candy from a baby, and I'm getting bored of it. :|

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

Interesting.  That would seem to indicate a lengthy time remains before they plan on launching.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319

Finally they seem to remove those nasty big pots that don´t suit the game at all. But there sure is some major QQ going on the forums about it. We´ll see where it ends in the end.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

a decent update overall, but like slapshot i reckon its at least 1 month away.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Interesting.  That would seem to indicate a lengthy time remains before they plan on launching.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Its already  four months late.

Yeah, I remember when I was playing there was talk about this coming out in April or something?  It's going to be late, and probably break a bunch of stuff.  Seems pretty par for the course.  Can always be hopeful, maybe it will be a good expansion/patch :D

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Does anyone even care anymore?

Awakening is starting to look like vaporware to me.

Originally posted by Biskop

You care enough to keep looking MO up time after time and write here about it. Then imagine people who actually like the game... :P

Originally posted by Norpan

You care enough to keep looking MO up time after time and write here about it. Then imagine people who actually like the game... :P

Yeah, I guess I do care. MO will always interest me, after all I used to play and enjoy the game, and this expansion promises a lot of changes that look pretty interesting (if they're ever implemented in a working manner, that is). Also, just reading about MO and participating in discussions about it is entertaining. Well at least it used to be, nowadays this forum has gotten stale.

I think Awakening is so long overdue now that even the few diehards still paying for MO will start to lose interest. And those of us who like to point out MO's shortcomings and SV's weird behaviour are bored by these endless updates, we need some juicy failure to sink our teeth into soon! :D

O

Isn't it always a form of VW with Starvault?  Henrik hypes the hell our of  "X"  update/expansion, then fails to deliver.  After all isnt Awakening supposed to revolutionize gaming?  LMAO

You're right in a way of course, but the traditional definition of VW is a project that is announced but never delivered nor canceled but stuck in perpetual limbo.

Even if Henrik has hyped up MO in a ridiculous way and most patches have been disappointments in various ways, the actual game is there, so it's not really VW.

With Awakening they're basically re-releasing MO, and once again they seem to have bitten off more than they can chew. If they delay it much longer they might lose the last scrap of subs and the few coins still left in daddy's coffins, making Awakening nothing more than an announced project.

Still, they have managed to get by for two years with a dismal pop, so I guess they could survive a few months more.

Originally posted by Norpan

Yeah, I guess I do care. MO will always interest me, after all I used to play and enjoy the game, and this expansion promises a lot of changes that look pretty interesting (if they're ever implemented in a working manner, that is). Also, just reading about MO and participating in discussions about it is entertaining. Well at least it used to be, nowadays this forum has gotten stale.

I think Awakening is so long overdue now that even the few diehards still paying for MO will start to lose interest. And those of us who like to point out MO's shortcomings and SV's weird behaviour are bored by these endless updates, we need some juicy failure to sink our teeth into soon! :D

Well, I think most people that played MO, knows that new expansions/patches brings in bugs and broken shit. This release is as you said yourself, almost a re-release for MO. It´s the first one with content that could really make it for the game if they hold it together. So most people, me included, is OK with them taking their time on this one. I´m having a blast at TSW in the meantime, so no big deal. ;)

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Its already  four months late.

Hmm, lets see.  Was supposed to come out in April.  So, May.  June.  Halfway though July now.  So, two and a half months for those not interested in exaggeration.

More importantly, most actual players don't want it to come out before it's ready.  We'd rather have them test it as thoroughly as possible.  No doubt there will still be some issues when it hits live.  That's pretty common with most games when a major update hits, even moreso with MO.  But, hopefully the current testing will minimize the problems, while adding a lot of the content and changes the game really needs.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132

More importantly, most actual players don't want it to come out before it's ready. 

Did you just type out the converse argument of "everyone who got tired of waiting left" and tried to sell it as "everything is okay"?

well im not tired of waiting but im noit going to play until it releases, they can wait until decembr to release it for all i care.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by deathshroud

well im not tired of waiting but im noit going to play until it releases, they can wait until decembr to release it for all i care.

Yeah but the problem is that some of us who planned on coming back have now found new games-  MO was a HUGE disapointment for me on a thousand levels. I came back for a couple months after DAWN released and was (once again) disapointed... I planned on trying this next Xpac as well for at least a couple months BUT fortunatly found a game to play and wont be trying it afterall.

That said, I will still keep a close watch on what happens but am most likely done with MO. After two years it really is pathetic.

• WollkneulWollkneul Member Posts: 17
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Yeah but the problem is that some of us who planned on coming back have now found new games-  MO was a HUGE disapointment for me on a thousand levels. I came back for a couple months after DAWN released and was (once again) disapointed... I planned on trying this next Xpac as well for at least a couple months BUT fortunatly found a game to play and wont be trying it afterall.

That said, I will still keep a close watch on what happens but am most likely done with MO. After two years it really is pathetic.

And what game is it?

i also resubbed just beofre april in anticipation of awakening, didnt materialised and i unsubbed after that month and waited. Been playing darkfall and enjoying it but my time is so limited i havent played a game in 3 weeks

So right now i couldnt care less when awakening launches so long as its a god almighty jesus patch, because thats what the game needs right now to save it.

So right now i couldnt care less when awakening launches so long as its a god almighty jesus patch, because thats what the game needs right now to save it.

Im sure Henrik dicked up every patch to date just to test his loyal followers, Redemptioon is near. image

of course im being sarcastic, this patch isnt going to save the game, the chances of its actually turning out that way ar nigh on impossible and the game will slowly die. But im still looking forward to fooling around wth awakening for a month or 2.