Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Blog Update Offers Guide to Hall of Monuments, Items Preview

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

ArenaNet's John Stumme has updated the official ArenaNet blog with  an extensive guide to earning points towards your Hall of Monuments in the original Guild Wars, a feature that will grant users rewards in Guild Wars 2 depending on the number of points (out of 50) earned.

Additionally, a new video has been added showing off a couple of the Hall of Monument rewards for the very first time, including the Heavy version of the Heritage Armor reward, the Ice Breaker (2H hammer), and the Orrian Chick mini-pet.

Comments

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

Will be pretty happy getting that armor to replace the starting human armor and look quite badass right at level 1. Hopefully there won't be any sort of level requirement on it. 

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Ice Breaker looks AMAZING.

• EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Originally posted by MikeB
    Ice Breaker looks AMAZING.
    My guardian is gonna look so cool wielding that thing :)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I have my 30. Happy days..

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by Xerith

Will be pretty happy getting that armor to replace the starting human armor and look quite badass right at level 1. Hopefully there won't be any sort of level requirement on it. 

As far as I know, there is no level requirements on HoM items. They have no stats on them and you basically transmute other items to look like HoM stuff. You can also claim HoM stuff as much as you want, so you don't have to save them for that one special weapon or armor.

It was in a dev post on the official forums right before the last BWE ended.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i have 1 50/50, and 4 otehr accounts with 30/50. Heavey heritage armor look more awesome than I imagined. I cant wait to see the Felblade. I hope though that they add underwater weapon HoM skins.

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Do you have to achieve this before making your GW2 character ?

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by micona

No, you could start GW1 a year from now, build the achievements and they'll unlock in GW2 as you get them.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by micona

Nope, you can actually continue to earn HoM points after GW2 is released and still get the benefits

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

Anyone wanna work on this together?

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

Hello there, thinking on buying the platinum edition (base campaign + eye of the north) to have at least the basic rewards... Would be gald to team up for that.

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Nailed it in 2 months, playing some hours a week. Had no point sat all, but got 30 within this time! Glad I am done with it!

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Sure wish I could stomach GW1 for some of these but alas I thought the original was really bad game.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• BiffumusBiffumus Member Posts: 19

Save your gems for bag slot and bank slot expansions if you really wanna spend more money.

• BrynnBrynn Member Posts: 345

I only have 11 points, and would also like to know if buying gems would get me some of the items.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    Originally posted by Brynn

I only have 11 points, and would also like to know if buying gems would get me some of the items.

No, these items are just for people who unlock them. He says it right in the video. 

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

He's such a lovable dork.

Also, that bone chick is the cutest friggin thing EVAR. I'm glad I grabbed those gw1 points early in, my Necro gets to start with the perfect little companion. 

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

It will be nice to have a fellblade again in GW2 :) It'll be a nice memory of the early days of GW when the fellblade was one of the few weapons that many players tried to get in a good quality.

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

Cool stuff I guess for the first few levels like any bonus items for MMOs but once we start getting actual good looking items and titles from the endgame proper most of these rewards will be quickly forgotten so I'm not going to waste my time

• The user and all related content has been deleted.