Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you gonna make male or female chars?

Comments

• PudsyPudsy Member Posts: 34

who honestly cares? this post seems pointless, Im going to make a female charr character .... lol

I'm actually not buying the game.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I play what the heck I want to play as long as I pay my own money for the game, and there's no one I have to explain why I do what I do. I cant remember ever asking anyone in a mmorpg if their character gender match their own gender, and I've never asked friends of mine who play a different gender in game why they do it. I'm more concerned and worried about people actually playing gnome or similar characters in games, I mean, what the fuck? I dont have time for these less significant puzzles untill I have solved this daunting mystery :P

• GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345

I plan on having 2 mains at launch.  Human male Warrior and a Norn female Ranger. 

Typically my caster classes are female and heavy armor classes I play are male.  For the most part, female toons look better in robes than the males.  It always seems in games that the original casting robes design is made first for the female toon and then translated into a male version.  It seems (to me at least) that this is the opposite for heavy armor and male toons.  For this reason, those always seem to look best on those gender/class type. 

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I only play male characters but I really dont care what others do.

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

Of my five slots, I'll have three male and two female characters.

Back when I played WoW, I became known by my main, a male undead. After taking a break from the game, I came back and rolled with some friends on a different server, used a female variant of the same name and rerolled a female undead instead (this was well before the days of paid gender changes). Trust me, it wasn't because I found female undead "hot" and wanted to sex her or be her. I did, however, think she looked pretty cool in shadowform with caster gear and spikey hair.

To me the notion that a man can't think of women as cool for anything but sexual purposes is silly.

They're characters.  In a game.  People want their characters to look cool and have cool animations.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

My two mains will be a male Charr and a female Norn.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

Male with all male toons..

However if others enjoy RPing either or both sexes it does not bother me..

In PvP im an equal sex destroyer! ;)

Playing GW2..

• HEISTTHEISTT Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Isometrix

Never seen that happen in any game.

I usually roll males but pick female if the animation, graphics or armor on males is poor (for example RIFT)

I'm conflicted on this one. The males look fine so I'd like to go male, but my primary will be a cloth user and I can't stand males in dresses. Wish they'd get rid of the whole mages-wearing-robes thing.

I thought the male Sylvari Necromancer had very nice looking armor, much better than the female version of Sylvari Necro (the armor you see at the class select screen). However, I hate the way they walk, which is a deal breaker for me.

My main will be a male Charr Engineer, and my second character will be a male Asura (torn between Thief and Mesmer).

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I used to exclusive play male characters when I was younger, because I saw them as some sort of personal representation in the game.  But nowadays, I really just see gender as a cosmetic/conceptual choice for my character.  Sometimes I like playing female/male characters because I feel like the gender really lines up with my character concept.

Like if I wanted to swashbuckling/scoundrel type character I would be a male.  But if I wanted to be more of a beautiful but dangerous (femme fatale) character I would obviously be a female.

Right now, I'm debating between being a scoundrel Mesmer or a femme fatale Mesmer :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

Since I can't play with barbie dolls because I will get my butt kicked by my buddies, the next best thing is to create a digital barbie doll and since I love playing video games why not combine the two hobbies? As such by combining those two interest together I get: playing a video game with a female character.

But seriously, i m playing a female character. I used to play exclusively male character but since every game I can play as a male, why not play a female character when given the chance?

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

If you want information overload, go to http://gw2census.com/charts.php

For me, personally, my characters will be as follows, in decreasing order of interest -

1 - Male Human Mesmer (main)

2 - Male Asura Engineer (could be female human, however)

3 - Female Human Thief (could be male asura if above is female human)

4 - Male Charr Necromancer

5 - Female Norn Ranger

to add some more info, was underwhelmed by the Sylvari, in spite of my familarity with Gloranthan Aldryami.  Re the Norn, the male builds just don't do it for me - they look almost rectangular, whereas the females just look muscular.

As far as factors that motivate me, it's mostly about the look - I try to avoid choices that look ugly or ill-designed to me.  I prefer the understated to the overstated, in general

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

I chose "I'm Male irl, and play as females only", all those hours of gameplay ,I prefer looking at a lady from behind. image

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Male playing male only. No problem with males playing females. Just don't get angry when I refer to you as a female to maintain my immersion.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by bigcheeseuk

I chose "I'm Male irl, and play as females only", all those hours of gameplay ,I prefer looking at a lady from behind. image

Shouldn't you be getting all stimulation you need from obscure sites and your partner? Why involve your MMORPG as well?

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Came in expecting a discussion on Charr...:/

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Shouldn't you be getting all stimulation you need from obscure sites and your partner? Why involve your MMORPG as well?

it stll doesn't change the fact that either ways you will be looking as someone's behind, and you might as well be looking at a female, right?

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Prefer Charr both male and female, but will play others depending on character slots and race skills. Also decide based on armor since damage and skills are equal.

Based on current skills and assuming character slots I would have 2 charr, 1 sylvari, and 1 norn. With more slots may have 1 human and 1 asura as well.

Charr storyline- kicks ass over humans, scares the Sylvari, they only respect the Norn, and the Asura should cower over the Kitties

While Norn is supposed to be the strongest individually, overall the Charr is the strongest due to their armies and weapons

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by MoonBeans
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its a roleplay game, whats wrong with playing females or transvestites if i would like to do so?

The problem is fools that beleive that everything said on the interwebs is true... If i tell them i have big boobs, that must be true, right?

nothing wrong. to each their own. 

is just that gets very ridiculous when the 99.8 % of the characters you bump into while in game are females.

a bit of an immersion breaker

Sounds like you miss checking out all the guys.

I voted for both though mainly I play female characters now. I just like fooling all you homophobes into thinking I'm some young hot girl IRL and getting you all worked up :P HA!

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by silvermember
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

it stll doesn't change the fact that either ways you will be looking as someone's behind, and you might as well be looking at a female, right?

Actually the grand majority of the screen will not be covered by someone's behind and your focus should at most times be on your surroundings so that you can time your skills and moves accordingly.

• Sovren1Sovren1 Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Naevius
    I consider my characters to be my minions, not my avatars, so I tend to set gender by whim.

I am pretty much like this.

I also tend to lose myself in the game world, where it doesn't really matter what gender I am because I don't even notice.

I also like to make my characters look bad ass so certain armors will look better on one gender over the other.

I also never assume characters in game are being played by one gender or another. I treat everyone pretty much as genderless person.

With that said, yup...probably will be making male and females.

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Sovren1

Originally posted by Naevius
    I consider my characters to be my minions, not my avatars, so I tend to set gender by whim.

I am pretty much like this.

I also tend to lose myself in the game world, where it doesn't really matter what gender I am because I don't even notice.

I also like to make my characters look bad ass so certain armors will look better on one gender over the other.

I also never assume characters in game are being played by one gender or another. I treat everyone pretty much as genderless person.

With that said, yup...probably will be making male and females.

All sarcasm aside from my previous post... I couldn't have said this better. My feelings exactly.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I will be playing male and female. Please dont be a disgusting cyber pervert and hit on me just because my avatar has boobs.

• CorrineCorrine Member UncommonPosts: 77

Female

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

As a male, both but i generally don't play males, infact I played very few males but there is a specific theme in the ones I end up making and that is "pretty female" or "beastly male" not a lot of games provide the latter most the former, GW2 does through the charr and WoW did through worgen (which I did play as a male, even did a gender/racechange for it)

I will play as Charr male with my main, will probably have norn and human females and if I feel inclined to roll through the asura and sylvari story they will likely be female too.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Xzen

Male playing male only. No problem with males playing females. Just don't get angry when I refer to you as a female to maintain my immersion.

I think thats only natural, after all its a roleplaying game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)