Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Mists of Pandaria - September 25th!

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Nope no coincidence, they are deliberately trying to get players that may leave wow for GW2 to come back before they sink thier teeth in to deep into GW2, its brilliantly rotten, but what do you expect, they weren't born yesterday.
  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I just cant' get behind this company any more.  And I loved WoW for 6+ years.  But charging a monthly fee and the extreme lack of content delivery in the last 2 years, compared to a game like Rift who earns their monthly fee, yeah I just can't stomach the transparent GREED of Blizzard anymore.  I think their success went to their heads.  I just...I don't know...I want to be excited about this, but...after getting psyched for GW2 and being blown away and I'll be knee deep in that game by the time MoP launches, I just don't see this being a boon the way it would have been a year ago.  The genre's landscape has changed.  Blizzard is no longer the "elephant in the room" at least IMHO.  

• bladedancerbladedancer Member UncommonPosts: 40

As people have already pointed out, it;s very obvious they put the release date a month after GW2's release as they see GW2 as one of the biggest competitors, personally however I don't think MoP matches up with GW2, I played GW1 when it was new and I've played WoW, also tried out GW2 during the last beta weekend, and even considering the new stuff Blizzard are bringing in with MoP, I really think GW2 will emerge victorious, it's quite creative, innovative, and it's not a grindfest for the latest "cool" gear!

I know I'll definitly go for GW2, but I might try out MoP, I'll have to see closer to the release date.

Peter Griffin: you know those germans, if you dont join the party, they?ll come get ya

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288

I'm happy for those who are excited.  WoW is still a juggernaught and one of the best subscription themeparks if you're into that (I personally preferred RIFT).

However, I think the Diablo 3 fiasco is gunna put a bigger dent into MoP's sales than Blizzard predicts.  They lost ALOT of brand credibility and fanbase thanks to that mess of a game.  Best of luck to them, but I'm sticking with GW2 this round.

Honestly I don't want to play it either, but I know I'm going to everything else pretty much sux in comparison, its either not fantasy genre, or not smooth, or there are no raids, or its imbalances, or its pay to win, .... Wow just seems to hit more check points that are needed
  • JohabohaJohaboha Member Posts: 20

Just in time to "MOP" up the droves of dissapointed GW2 Fans 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Month is enough for most ppl to get bored of game without end game :P

• spinesplitspinesplit Member Posts: 115

I like wow for what it is..but after diablo 3 i dont want to give them any more money....if they could not see how the fans would react over what they tried to pass off as *diablo* then they really are so far out of touch with their player base that its sad.Wont be playing guild wars 2 either

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Ah yes, wait until the major competition launches then try to ride in on their coat tails and steal their thunder.

Blizzard reminds me of the fidgety fat kid stuck at the end of the buffet line who is terrified all the good stuff will be gone before he gets there. And if it isn't, he'll do his damnedest to see no one behind him gets anything but crumbs.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

• e1eplayere1eplayer Member UncommonPosts: 23

The price points for both versions seem expensive to me. At $15 a month to play the game, the subcribers should be given the next expansion or charged something more reasonable. Also, paying $20 more for a mount, a banner, and profile pictures is a little out of line too.

If they are losing memberships wouldn't lowering the cost (both monthly costs and cost of expansions) entice people to rejoin or take a 2nd look at the game?

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

After playing since launch, buying D3, and enjoying the Guild Wars 2 beta weekends, I'm trying real hard to find my GiveADamn.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

Now the ball is in Trion's court.  I hope they release their expack close to MoP and crush it!  Trion being the better company anyway, earning their monthly sub.

Let's also not forget, Lotro is releasing their expansion in September, too.  Could it possibly be that Blizzard is biting off more than it can chew?  I hope so.  They need a dose of humble pie.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Though I am not as 'in to' WoW as I used to be, Wrath being my peek this is a day one purchase for me, Blizzard have yet to dissapoint IMO.  And a month after GW2 sounds perfect for me.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

I really hoped HoTS would be out first... considering it was already supposed ot be out like year ago. Oh well. Not really interested in this. Not after WotLK and Cata. 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Still believe this x-pac will sell a decent numbers, more so than other mmo, and yes, even gw2.

I'll be playing and see what they have for pvp, pandan, monk, pokemon battle, planting etc in this x-pac....

RIP Orc Choppa

I just hope my resto shaman is,still an unstoppable team carrying force, I can't wait
  • bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93

think I will wait  until just before the next expansion so they will offer to level a char to within 5 of max level and give me the expansion for free for being a disloyal customer....

And if they dont, no skin off my back, tired of paying blizzard each month and get nothing back while those that werent even playing get free stuff.

Honestly I wont play until that time as starting out in cataclysm you get dungeons that can take 1 to 2 hours to complete... wait till last 6 months you get the time dungeons that take 20 mins tops each with better gear all around than anything but raids.  Classes will be balanced again after screwing up the entire system yet again... nah you guys go ahead and pay them to beta test... I will wait for the free offers to roll out again.

Originally posted by bestman22

think I will wait  until just before the next expansion so they will offer to level a char to within 5 of max level and give me the expansion for free for being a disloyal customer....

And if they dont, no skin off my back, tired of paying blizzard each month and get nothing back while those that werent even playing get free stuff.

Honestly I wont play until that time as starting out in cataclysm you get dungeons that can take 1 to 2 hours to complete... wait till last 6 months you get the time dungeons that take 20 mins tops each with better gear all around than anything but raids.  Classes will be balanced again after screwing up the entire system yet again... nah you guys go ahead and pay them to beta test... I will wait for the free offers to roll out again.

You bring up very valid points.  They don't earn the monthly sub and the game at expansions launch is completely different 6 months later after bug fixes, balance passes and if we're lucky, one content patch.  So glad there is plenty of competition now in Rift expack, Lotro expack, and GW2.

I second that, you have convinced me to let my shaman rest, bring on GW2 please
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Maybe they'll give me a free month to try it out before Assassin's Creed 3 hits.

I have fits of nostalgia / addiction relapses every once in a while and I think I'd like to go back to Azeroth. Then I remember why I'm not playing and I get better.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Updated with CE info!

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I dont play WoW anymore but ive not missed a single pre-expansion event yet and this is no exception, looking forward to it!

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by MikeB

Updated with CE info!

The main reason I have yet to add a WoW CE to my collection is that the artbook is the only thing really worthwhile there. The digital items are cool, but once you stop paying, or the servers go dark, they are worthless. Past additions of the TCG cards have been cool, but not spectacular. And how many mousepads can one person need? The ones with maps are cool, I suppose.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

At least Blizz is being honest here, the digital is cheaper than the box version

RIP Orc Choppa

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Oh yes!  I can't wait! I'm going to tend to crops in my garden so hard!