Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria: Mists of Pandaria - September 25th!

garrettgarrett MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 284

Blizzard announced today that the newest expansion for World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria will be on sale on September 25th. The announcement can be found on Blizzard's home page for World of Warcraft.

The Standard Edition comes in at $39.99. However, there is also a Deluxe Digital Edition for $59.99 that comes with the Imperial Quilen Flying Mount, a Diablo 3 Banner Sigil and Accent, and Starcraft 2 Battle.net Portraits. It looks like the expansion is available for Pre-Purchase on the World of Warcraft site right now.  

UPDATE: It looks like there will also be a Collector's Edition of Mists of Pandaria, which will retail at $79.99, and includes the following bonuses:

• Behind-the-Scenes DVD and Blu-Ray: Learn about the creation of Pandaria with this two-disc set featuring over an hour of commentary, insider interviews, and developer roundtables.

• Collector’s Edition Soundtrack CD: Experience 20 orchestral pieces from Mists of Pandaria.

• The Art of Mists of Pandaria Book: Explore this 208-page hardcover tome featuring never-before-seen pieces from the expansion, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.

• Chen Stormstout Mouse Pad: Equip your desk with this special-edition mouse pad featuring the legendary pandaren brewmaster.

:p 

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Woot!!! Yeah baby yeah!!!
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Yawn.....

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TyvolusTyvolus Member Posts: 190

I am going to Netflix KUNG-FU PANDA to celebrate !!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

WOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

PANDAS FTW PEOPLE !!!!!

PANDA BEARZ !!!!!

RAWR !!!

• TaeranTaeran Member Posts: 8

Meh

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

1 month after GW2.. as expected.

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

Woohoo baby! I pre purchased Digital Deluxe so fast I didnt even think that I want the box collectors if there is one..... I'm gonna have to get it for my gf if there ends up being one!

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

Intereting as I was just reading a thread where everybody was agreeing it wouldn't be before October lol.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370
    Originally posted by QSatu

Why is that? It's not like GW2 requires a subscription fee to keep playing after 30 days...

ANet interest is to sell boxes and 1 month after launch they have already made the money they spent making the game

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

i thought it would be announced later

allowing presales 2 months before release (like D3) i was correct on

Cata allowed presales direct from blizzard 1 month before release

enjoy wow players

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Originally posted by tryklon

Why is that? It's not like GW2 requires a subscription fee to keep playing after 30 days...

ANet interest is to sell boxes and 1 month after launch they have already made the money they spent making the game

Blizzard always tries to release something when there is a competition on a horizon. Since GW2 is the biggest competitior they will get this year they want to release MoP around that time.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I feel like im nowhere as excited as I was about Cataclysm :(

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Blizzard always tries to release something when there is a competition on a horizon. Since GW2 is the biggest competitior they will get this year they want to release MoP around that time.

I agree, but in this case I don't even see GW2 and WoW as competitors, i mean, both in business model as in gameplay the games couldnt be more far apart, they cater to different audiences.

Still, if they release mists in the sad buggy state as it is now they are in for a surprise... But we still have 2 months till there

• liliyoliliyo Member Posts: 43

and why  i should care of some pandas and pokemons ?

gw2 is coming earlier so i stick with that,pandas is a fail exp for me and i cancel my wow sub

gw2 come at me bro

Originally posted by Rockniss
    Woot!!! Yeah baby yeah!!!

y y lets call jack black and celebrate...oO wait.....

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Have not played WOW in over 2 years, not gonna go back for this.  In fact after the D3 fiasco i'm pretty much done with anything Blizzard.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Thats good that all the trolls will be busy playing pandas and these sites wont be so full of people bashing every other game....I guess thats good news.
    WoW population will go through the roof and add about 10,000,000 gold farmers and 5,000,000 hackers but increase their actual player base to about 12,000 ten year olds. Think ill pass...

Blizzard always tries to release something when there is a competition on a horizon

and they always copy newest mmo's features for wow

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Bold move by Blizzard.

If MoP is anything but superb product (innovative and highly polished), it wlll push current WoW and indecisive players heavily towards GW2 .

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661

This will be the first WOW xpac that I wont be buying, I lost faith in Blizzard to deliver after Cataclysm. My annual pass runs out in October and that's it for me after 6+ years. I'm far more interested in playing GW2 as the PVP is leaps and bounds in front of WOW and there's going to be a real scence of server community because of WvWvW which WOW has slowly lost over the years.

I was expecting the date to be 1-2 months after the GW2 launch so its no surprise :) 

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by liliyo

Blizzard always tries to release something when there is a competition on a horizon

and they always copy newest mmo's features for wow

yea, so obvious. they ONLY release it because GW2 will be released in august! it's not like they are developing constantly or anything. they just did that because GW2 was released!

[mod edit]

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    You could say they MOP up the competition :-)
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Grata to Blizzeard on this! I was beginning to wonder when it was going to launch. After playing the beta extensively I will not be playing since there is not enough content for me to experience for the price. My annual pass runs out soon after launch anyways.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194

The fact that MoP will be release 25th september also means that the pre-patch (5.0.4, with the talent/glyph/achievement revamp) will probably be release one month earlier... thus same week as GW2.

Blizzard is indeed quite clever ^^

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

I have played WoW for several years, but this time....I am not hyped at all. Blizzard is not a company that I want to support anymore, because of several reasons, that I will not write down.

I may be a Guild Wars fanboy, but that is because Anet's games are good and well worth the money! Because of that, they have and will have a huge playerbase later on. Feels kinda obvious that Blizzard set the release date, 1 month after GW2. Are they scared? I mean, couldn't they have released 3 months after/before GW2? No hating here, but is this really just a coincidence?