Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race To Eighty - Place Your Bets!

Comments

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Arskaaa
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

could really care less honestly.. this is probably first MMO in awhile I don't care how fast I progress since I enjoy exploring the world so much.

Had same feeling in beta:) dont really see point to rush max lvl. guess i have becouse so old^^

Why are you even posting that here?

This thread  is about  "how fast" not "how slow"

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41

I predict someone with a large guild for 'money and materials' support and going the 'crafting route' will get to 80 in roughly 30 hours.

Now, the REAL question is, does anyone plan to DO that?

*shrug*

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by grimmliberty

I predict someone with a large guild for 'money and materials' support and going the 'crafting route' will get to 80 in roughly 30 hours.

*shrug*

I sure hope that someone does it. A part of my joy in MMORPGs is the ability to set your own goals together with other people and work towards achieving them, no matter how silly or insignificant other people may find them.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Race to max level saddens me because I know those people will the the first to complain "I'm bored". Maybe GW2 disign will prevent that from happening. I hope so but I plan on taking my sweet time.

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

*shrug*

I sure hope that someone does it. A part of my joy in MMORPGs is the ability to set your own goals together with other people and work towards achieving them, no matter how silly or insignificant other people may find them.

I agree, I don't care if they ONLY play long enough to get to 80, IF they had fun doing it, then it was money well spent.  hee hee

BTW, I know crafting is BOTH profitable AND fast XP in GW2. I mostly farted around and did actual beta testing this time, some 54 bugs reported, right up until the last 12 hours. Then I crafted Huntsman from 0 to 175, and gained 6 levels and round 5 gold doing so. 

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• GreenKnight1776GreenKnight1776 Member Posts: 57

Going to have to guess around 48 hours, probably via guild or other support as has been noted. Also probably via a lot of support from Hot Pockets and um, easy access to restroom facilities. Paired with little or no sleep. 

I personally never understood the attraction of doing this in a virtual game world, but then again, I'm not in college anymore so maybe I just don't connect with today's youth...

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

*shrug*

I agree, I don't care if they ONLY play long enough to get to 80, IF they had fun doing it, then it was money well spent.  hee hee

BTW, I know crafting is BOTH profitable AND fast XP in GW2. I mostly farted around and did actual beta testing this time, some 54 bugs reported, right up until the last 12 hours. Then I crafted Huntsman from 0 to 175, and gained 6 levels and round 5 gold doing so. 

You can actually level completely to 80 just crafting as said by the devs if you max every profession.

I personally think its very cool.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

Getting a month off work for Guild Wars 2 :P. So, probably wouldn't take that long to hit 80 :).

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

3 days...

or should I say 36-52 hours played... That's just what my first guess would be for the first person with no life and no other better thing to do in game than just level and mindlessly consume the content (or should I say not to consume it at all) just to reach lvl 80 in GW2 as first person in the world.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

There is a way to get 2 levels every hour in WvWvW but it is boring as hell. So 40 hours is easy to do without any sleep and no XP pots.

I found this out during the last 5 hours of BWE3 and went from 24 to 34.

I did report it to the WvW Dev so lets see if it is fixed if not I will probably use it when I want to get to the next tier of armor and weapons only as I said it is boring.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    No hurry to see max level. I plan on enjoying every bit of the journey.
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i don't know how long it'll take me, but i think that gw2 will be the first mmo (besides gw1) that i reach cap in.

• sinnoariasinnoaria Member Posts: 2

If I really wanted to and can afford the game and manage to sneak into the first three days-the early start things- I could probably hit 80 by the end of the three days.

Of course, there would be no reason for me to do so.  I'd much rather have fun than rush to be high level.  Unless they decided to turn this game into something like Sword Art Online...  That would be a reason to rush.

But I'm betting that we will definitely see the first 80s the first week.  The question is on which day.  Probably, in my opinion, the final day of the headstart or the first day of the release if any of those people want to try for getting it first.  Otherwise, I'm guessing 6th day.

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by sinnoaria

If I really wanted to and can afford the game and manage to sneak into the first three days-the early start things- I could probably hit 80 by the end of the three days.

Of course, there would be no reason for me to do so.  I'd much rather have fun than rush to be high level.  Unless they decided to turn this game into something like Sword Art Online...  That would be a reason to rush.

But I'm betting that we will definitely see the first 80s the first week.  The question is on which day.  Probably, in my opinion, the final day of the headstart or the first day of the release if any of those people want to try for getting it first.  Otherwise, I'm guessing 6th day.

Hopefully in 10 years or so someone can give us that.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Too bad this has to be a thread. These types of players are not in it for the game but for some type of bragging right, and to that I say, "F U".

It is a shame that all people seem to care about is the destination and not the journey. If people just slowed down I bet you it would also help out on this entire, "It is an MMORPG so we HAVE to group thing." since people wouldn't be tunnel visioned into the race for level cap.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Originally posted by Tonin109
    I also dont see the point to reach max lvl in 4-5 days, its not playing in this case its just rushing and not enjoying a gamebut well good luck for people who want to do that

There is an advantage in WvW to having access to all of your traits and abilities. I think it will get done before the end of the head start.

• RockhideRockhide Member Posts: 155

I find it interesting that so many people get offended by this type of thread (in addition to personally offended over how other people choose to play the game).  I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a silly little question like "How many Blazin' wings could a person eat at B-Dubs before puking or passing out?'   The answer is not meant to be taken as some deep philosophical insight into your character or level of fandom and the people that do try to take it that way are so far gone that you shouldn't care anyway.  ;)

Anyway, I'll say 2 days, 5 hours.

In addition to multiple players working in shifts and XP boosters, I have to think that crafting XP will somehow be involved too, with "support" characters running around doing only gathering to send the mats to the "main."

ETA: As for myself, it usually takes me around 8-12 days /played to hit max in a game for a first time, which works out to about 6-9 real weeks for me.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Originally posted by Rockhide

I find it interesting that so many people get offended by this type of thread (in addition to personally offended over how other people choose to play the game).  I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a silly little question like "How many Blazin' wings could a person eat at B-Dubs before puking or passing out?'   The answer is not meant to be taken as some deep philosophical insight into your character or level of fandom and the people that do try to take it that way are so far gone that you shouldn't care anyway.  ;)

Anyway, I'll say 2 days, 5 hours.

In addition to multiple players working in shifts and XP boosters, I have to think that crafting XP will somehow be involved too, with "support" characters running around doing only gathering to send the mats to the "main."

I get why people are offended. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I know people who have raced to the end of the last 5 big MMO releases only to burn out and quit after less than 2 months. I just wanted to point out a couple things:

1) It's easy to get to level 80. Boosts and gold won't offer an advantage in WvW past the first week.

2) There's plenty of stuff to do at 80. The game doesn't stop once you hit 80. I think most of us will hit 80 long before we fill out the maps, gear out our characters or enjoy even half of what the game has to offer, never mind the additional content that will be added as the game goes on.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

meh, someone like Athene would probably get to 80 in less than 2 days, i believe it can happen

as for me? i would probably get to 80 in around 2 - 3 weeks

i am a no rusher, i dont care if all of my guild mates started Dungeon without me, in the end, they will keep going and  i will eventually reached 80 by then as well to join

i would prefer to not skip contents as i progressed, i just want to enjoy the world, and take it slow

i still remember back in the days, when i started WoW, it took me almost 2 months to get to 60

So What Now?

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

Alright, there's no leveling curve, rather a leveling straight line. It took me about 15h played to get to level 20. And that was while dabbling a bit in sPvP and WvW. So at my very leisurely pace it'd take 60h to get to max. People should be able to play well more efficiently that that (especially if you pool crafting mats and rush that way), so I'd say 30hours after launch the 25th someone will be max level.

• SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

PS What's with the hate towards rushers. Isn't the point of an mmorpg that you can play the way you want. They want to rush, so let them! I want to play ALOT, albeit without rushing, so let me! I will probably be max level in the first week, even playing at my slow pace. Just cause I'll average 14h a day /played.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

I can place a bet I'm sure to win - I won't be the first level 80. The game has way too nice content for me to rush through it.

Good luck to those who will try though - it's your loss, not mine. There's no achievement for world first btw... ;-)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Probably not long... then they will be complaining there is nothing to do and quit. With GW2, the longer people take the better, because lets be honest, there isn't much to do at max level. 

People need to ease up on the race is all I have to say. This game isn't exactly made for 'end game' unless you consider pvp endgame (which you get anyways way before 80 to do) without much in terms of PvE. Yes, call out 'finishing maps/achievements' all that if you want, but thats something every MMO has, just with a bit more else to do besides that and pvp.

5 Days and I hope they realize just how bad of an idea it was to rush it. This coming from a guy who will hardcore play other games. Like GW2 but its not a game full of 'productive' stuff to do when you reach the end.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Less than 50 hours , then AreaNet finds the unbalanced events that is grinded, and with a nerf, it goes back to around 70

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

I can place a bet I'm sure to win - I won't be the first level 80. The game has way too nice content for me to rush through it.

Good luck to those who will try though - it's your loss, not mine. There's no achievement for world first btw... ;-)

How can it be their loss if they are having fun setting a goal and achieving it with a group of friends?