Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little concern

SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Kind hope they remove the " run to the inn " karma farming from the humans.

This weekend litterally saw lots of ppl farming over 1000 karma on that crap.

Comments

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Did you report it? Since I've never been on the Human areas so far, I'm not aware of this exploit.

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845
    Originally posted by Sorrow

yeah, definitely report it. If Anet won't get rid of it they'll certainly nerf it enough that it won't be worth farming.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Definately reported it but the way it is set up kinda seems like it was intended this way.

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41

I thought they had said it was intended this way in the Beta forums. Basicially, IF you want to spend the time running back and forth, go for it, was the attitude...

BUT I posted in the Beta forums that I thought a limit should be placed, like 100, OR other races should get the same option.... 

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41

Since they fixed 37 of my 54 bug reports in under 24 hours, I expect it was given 'due consideration'. They DO seem very responsive to the player base. 

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

what is this "run to the inn" exploit?

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Mexorilla

In the human starter zone you have to save villagers by telling them to go to the inn and you get a small amount of karma for each one. You can stay there telling people to go to the inn and keep getting karma.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683
    Originally posted by DaezAster
    Originally posted by Mexorilla

In the human starter zone you have to save villagers by telling them to go to the inn and you get a small amount of karma for each one. You can stay there telling people to go to the inn and keep getting karma.

I didn't sit there and crunch numbers, but the amount it gives isn't worth it. You can earn it faster doing DEs/Hearts from what I saw. The vilalgers are just less risk.

Not sure it's intentional; I think it's kinda a dumb way to get karma myself.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Considering the non-competitive nature of GW2 PvE, who really cares?

TheScavenger

Oderint, dum metuant.

• jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

It hit me final beta the human male voice was the same voice guy for jedi consular in swtor. sorry off topic.

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Volkon

Considering the non-competitive nature of GW2 PvE, who really cares?

I guess you did this :P.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

Im sure they will fix it by adding a limit or something. A lot of people complained about it in the beta forums (not that it was OMG bad, but that it was an issue)

• Grand scheme of things 1k karma is not that much.

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

When i started a human guardian on the last day of BWE, I ran around telling the meat & mice to get to the inn. The karma reward from each villager was a whole wopping 2 karma. So although it can give you a minor boost, I think you'd end gaining less karma than doing the various DE's.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Definately reported it but the way it is set up kinda seems like it was intended this way.

well, kinda rewards you for your effort of trying to rescue all the villagers :D I wasn't even aware of that until now xD I was jumping around and trying to defend every single one of them until I got bored (lasted pretty good 30 mins..) xD

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83

wow... people must have been really interested in grinding for those karma vendor items.

Seriously I did not know it was even humanly possible to have such persistence.

But then again, hopefully ArenaNet will correct this issue prior to launch.

Roll the Dice

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

I don't see the appeal in grinding that area nor care to have anet waste there time on it. It's not a big deal...

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by jeremyjodes

It hit me final beta the human male voice was the same voice guy for jedi consular in swtor. sorry off topic.

good ear and you are correct http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0636046/

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

That really seems like a colossal waste of time.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Yup. He's also Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0636046/

Edit: Aerowyn beat me to it....

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

It's a bit like repeating the same DE over and over. Can you do it? Yeah, sure. Is it fun? Not IMO, but whatever rocks your boat. Is it the optimal way to level up? Probably not.

Higher-level DEs give a lot of karma, so it's better to just level up normally. Also, people will always find ways to grind and, in this case, it's not even a grind that can harm others, because karma and karma items aren't sellable. I don't think this is a problem.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

So you cans pend long time doing mundane task for lousy 1k karma... Or you can get out into world and do a few events, get same karma plus gold plus exp plus loot plus fun. Your choice I guess. 

• GormokGormok Member Posts: 379

Lol I thought I was the only one that noticed that. However in GW2 he seems more interested in the script than in TOR. In TOR he is just boring and lifeless, Where in GW2 he really brings the character to life imo.

• ZenonSethZenonSeth Member Posts: 128
    Heh a friend of mine who i introduced to the game spent about half an hour in that starting shared instance. I guess he was doing something like that.

I didn't playtest the human area this last BWE but there was another bug i saw. When you got to the inn you could talk to some of the people there to earn charisma, dignity or ferocity. Last time I checked the conversations were repeatable and you could just sit there and rank those stats up.

Though that seems buggy i'm not actually sure what use if any those stats have. Anyone know of that's been fixed?
  • RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

That really seems like a colossal waste of time.

pretty much

I'm far more concerned about class balance than this useless and tiny aspects, class balance was p^retty bad this last week end, the worst imo from the 3 week end, which is not good.