Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Divina: Official Review

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

We're putting Gamania's anime-themed free-to-play MMO, Divina, through its paces in our latest official review.

Time and time again throughout our lives we are told “don’t judge a book by its cover.” With most of us, it goes in one ear and out the other. No matter how many times the statement is proven correct and sage advice, we continue to jump to conclusions based on first appearances and impressions. I’m as guilty of it as anyone. When our lovely Editor Bill tasked me with reviewing Divina, I took one look at it and started cursing him. I admit, not fair that he should be the target of my verbal rage, but someone had to take the brunt of it. I believe I may have even thrown a couple things in his general direction. They bounced harmlessly off my wall, but it was the sentiment behind the throws that mattered right? Anyway, after my initial tantrum was over, I got the game installed and started playing. And well, after spending admittedly more time in the game than I needed to write this review, I have to say, once again, the aforementioned statement turned out to be very wise advice. So let’s get on to the review and see what Divina has to offer.

Read more of Richard Cox's Divina: Official Review.

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

you review games for a living ... no sympathy here  ;)

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Pro's and Cons? >.>

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Sounds like a game with some interesting features; hopefully it does well enough in a genre whose fans are currently having meltdowns about AAA titles to the point anything else goes absolutely unnoticed.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Originally posted by chelan

you review games for a living ... no sympathy here  ;)

Actually no, I'm an EMT for a living, I review games on the side.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• MelonCiderMelonCider Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Is those pictures on the review you? If so I saw you before in game. :0
    Around lvl 50 or 55 (which is the hardest) you start feeling the grindfest. Most of the people i joined with lost interest around then and left. You on recieve little exp in quests but a lot in dailies. Basically do daily and just log off. Even I, who like anime mmo, is losing interest.