Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rewards For SPVP

FreakrxFreakrx Member UncommonPosts: 15

I played in the last Beta, but couldn't figure out the rewards for doing SPVP. I saw a chest come up every now and then and my lvl bar progressed in this purple line. What are the rewards for SPVP? Thanks!

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

As far as I could tell that bar was your rank. Like you mentioned you get chests with rewards for every rank. You can also see your rank in the pvp screen and it had some animal tiers, like rabbit and deer. You also get glory which you can use to buy stuff from the pvp vendors. Not sure how the ranks will tie in later on.

Ohh and there are pvp achivements.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Structured_PvP#Rewards

basically you get glory which lets you buy pvp armor.. armor is mostly cosmetic though and does'nt give you a big advantage over others or anything it's mostly just to look badass.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• FreakrxFreakrx Member UncommonPosts: 15

Thanks for the feedback.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

as for the chest you can click on it and it jump over to your bag and the you can open it from there

• jbs4lifejbs4life Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

basically you get glory which lets you buy pvp armor.. armor is mostly cosmetic though and does'nt give you a big advantage over others or anything it's mostly just to look badass.

I didn't get to look into armor too much, but how do these "cosmetic" armor pieces come into play with gear stats etc.?

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

You get a bunch of rewards now from those chests, going from new bags for you inventory, boost (glory boost), gear skins, tickets to make private tournaments, you have also token so you can get specific peice of gear from the crafting station i don't recall the name, a bunch of stuff really. You can also buy stuff from vendors with your glory points.

PS why didn't you opened the chests? ;p

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by jbs4life
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I didn't get to look into armor too much, but how do these "cosmetic" armor pieces come into play with gear stats etc.?

They dont affect gear stats, thats the whole point. In SPvP you are levelled up to 80 and you can choose what armor, skills, traits, etc etc you want in The Heart of the Mists before jumping into the match. That way everyone is evenly matched.

The cosmetic armor is just that, cosmetic, but some of it really does look badass! :)

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

Like what was already said, you get chests for ranking up, but the "highest quality" stuff you can get is from tournament chests. Free tournaments grant you a 3rd, 2nd and 1st place chest (copper, silver, gold, respectively) and they have more rare armors and weapons compared to the ones you normally get by ranking up.

I got a few Orrian pieces, Order of Whispers dagger (looks amazing), and an odd looking shortbow that looked like it was made from metal and bone.