Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The War Z -- Zombie Apocalypse MMO Announced

13»

Comments

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225

hopefully this game delivers what dayz cant. dont get me wrong dayz is in its core elements a fantastic game but its heavily crippled by arma 2.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by mithoss

hopefully this game delivers what dayz cant. dont get me wrong dayz is in its core elements a fantastic game but its heavily crippled by arma 2.

Agreed^

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

Will it have sparkly zombies?

• SilvermachinSilvermachin Member UncommonPosts: 13

Most important thing to me is...what kind of zombies are implemented? I want the sloooow ones, like in dawn of the dead, (classic version, not remake). And i want thousands of them. If they plan to give me 5 bullets and 10 zombies running for me like olympic sprinters, forget it!

I dont want another game like left 4 dead, which i call *Land of the rocket zombies*. I want hack and slay, not hit and run...

• renadirenadi Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Ichmen

well there offical site is pretty bloody useless. its a splash page for beta signup no info on the game.. for all i know its a 2.5d game where everyone is a female in a sailor suit and they make moaning sounds when they attack stuff.. 

would have liked to see some screens or more info then what is at that link...

"

Sign me up ._.  lol but seriously, yeah, not a ton of info here.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Ah, you did see it is coming out in the fall.  Pretty much tells you to stick with Dayz as you can't generate a decent MMO in that short a time.   This announcement has fail written all over it.

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

there already are games giving this experience!

Day Z, Dead Frontier, etc...and they dont need me to pay a monthly sub. Without a sub, how do you expect to keep a free to play game going? Its diffifcult.

This will mark the third 'zombie mmo' to try and launch...the last one lost funding. I doubt this one will fare any better. Id like to see it do well though.

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Sinaku

Why can't Day Z just get funding...his ideas are solid and he is not willing to break on any of the core elements he already has in place...this will be very casual friendly I am sure

Someone should tell him to get this up on Kickstarter...

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Agreed^

Finally some sane people who see the limitaiton of Day Z for what it is; that stupid assed engine.

Someone needs to steal it, burn it, resurrect it, then burn it again, though this time with magnesium powder, and replace it with something like Frostbite2 or similar.

Day Z could turn into a really great game, but it's far far too limiting right now for me to drop coing on buying Arma2 and DLC.

Let players build villages, or board up windows, or grow crops. Turn off 100% pvp in all areas (sorry, I have no interest in hiking 150km to an airfield only to be sniped by some unseen, unwashed, basement dwelling 30yr old manchild living at his Mom's house; *twitch* but I'm not bitter). These are some of the things I hope for with Day Z or for another company/dev team to make.

• KitsunamiKitsunami Member UncommonPosts: 101

Have to say, Day Z needs funding. Although..I heard rumors that the Arma team were going to integrate day Z directly into the next arma :/

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

I will be buying it. Along with the rest of you jerkys. :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• DakkalordGDakkalordG Member Posts: 3

The Problem I have wtih it is that they have said there is "Safe Zones" and "Store Houses" , This means most people are going to pull an EVE and leave all their awesome weapons in a Store House and just run out into the world with a Pistol, and I can see some form of trolling were your getting chased by an enemy Player with an M4 who you have pissed off, he deserves the kill, hes got better weapons, and you haven't played your cards right, so you pay the blood price. Instead all you have to do is run into a safe zone and its all forgotten, thats not in the apocalypse spirit

A Mr.Jihad called.
    He said its time...

• McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 17

This is right up my alley!  I'll be following this one closely.  Zombie survival may be popular now, but I've been a zombie lover since the original Dawn of the Dead, and been dying for a game like this since I started playing MMO's.

• McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 17

This is right up my alley!  I'll be following this one closely.  Zombie survival may be popular now, but I've been a zombie lover since the original Dawn of the Dead, and been dying for a game like this since I started playing MMO's.

• onemegonemeg Member UncommonPosts: 33

I get a 404 when trying to go to their official website...

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Unless the players can play as zombies get a lil zombie vs survivor pvp going on I really dont see it  happening

• SilvermachinSilvermachin Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by cura

250 persons in the world. Real mmo

Well the idea of this kind of mmo is the feeling of beeing alone, and youre one of the last surviviors. If u play on a server with 10.000 others it feels more like woodstock...

• leaf16nutleaf16nut Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

The reason I scream DayZ clone is simple. This game and the other one on kickstarter just show us some basic artwork or a web page, they list some features that mostly already exist in DayZ or are something we would all like to see in DayZ along with some extra generic MMO features. 

The difference is right now I can play DayZ, there is no current gameplay for any of these other games, they are years away from being completed unless they are being totally half assed, in which case they will probably be terrible games.

You're screaming clone when the "game" your referring to is a MOD... Sorry, I have an issue with that.

The developer(s) of DayZ are piggybcking off of another company, essentially legally stealing another game to make it their own and you have the nerve to say the difference is "I can play DayZ, there is no current gameplay for any of these other games." Well no shit, any normal game takes years to develope to be in alpha stage, DayZ did it in months because everything was already made for them!

WarZ was in development before DayZ and that's really all that matters. I'm going to play both, and frankly don't care who copys who, as long as it makes for a great game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Comparing the two games or saying one is a ripoff because of a letter is reaching, even for MMORPG forum-goers.  Just cut out the nonsense.  Most zombie games share stark similarities in the first place.

Anyway, I might buy it because I'm big on zombie games, and if it's anything like an MMO version of Left 4 Dead 2, I'm there.