Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you play pipe organ?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Did anyone else play the pipe organ thats hidden in the game and can be actually played?

(so many nice hidden things)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Did anyone else play the pipe organ thats hidden in the game and can be actually played?

I found that!  Tried a few notes but I'm no organist.  I wonder if it unlocks a DE if played a certain way.  The npc near it had some dialog about if someone knew the right thing to play such and such could happen, or something like that.  Still very cool that it was just out there in the world like that.  

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by elocke

I found that!  Tried a few notes but I'm no organist.  I wonder if it unlocks a DE if played a certain way.  The npc near it had some dialog about if someone knew the right thing to play such and such could happen, or something like that.  Still very cool that it was just out there in the world like that.  

I played piano and keyboards in my younger years, played some tunes, but it was as responsive as playing real time music in lotro. nothing happened. 

But knowing Arenanet, there must be a certain mellody that triggers something.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

Ha! That's awesome ;)

Now I remember, the NPC mentions the humming so I wonder if you are supposed to figure out the same tune being hummed and play it on the organ.  

When I found the Organ I didn't hear any NPC humming so I gave up after awhile, but that vid in that link above has the humming so....who knows?

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by elocke

Now I remember, the NPC mentions the humming so I wonder if you are supposed to figure out the same tune being hummed and play it on the organ.  

When I found the Organ I didn't hear any NPC humming so I gave up after awhile, but that vid in that link above has the humming so....who knows?

I think that's a likely hypothesis :)

Reminded me of the indie game Aquaria, from Bit Blot, you played in an underwater world and had to make different things work by making your character sing certain tunes. At the end of the game you'd unlock stuff by playing the main recurring theme of the game.

Maybe try playing the GW2 theme on it (more or less)!

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

Anyone find the hidden NPC that playes the skin flute?

• madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

From what I understand,you play the tune that the npc hums,and the shell next to it opens and gives a chest for a reward.

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

sry i linked the wrong video - this one actaul shows what its about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx4UdIpaCWU

• madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by jybgess

Anyone find the hidden NPC that playes the skin flute?

I think I did

She must like flowers though....

Kept mentioning something about putting Tulips on my organ :P

Originally posted by jondifool

sry i linked the wrong video - this one actaul shows what its about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx4UdIpaCWU

Ah, so I was right and that is one of the themes from the game.  Awesome.  How can anyone not love this game when it does stuff like this?

• PuraimaruPuraimaru Member UncommonPosts: 68

Could someone please answer how to play that organ to open up that shell for the chest reward? I got stuck so bad =S

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

No, I didn't know it was there!  Now that I know it's a puzzle, I'm not looking up any more info so I can stumble upon it on my own.  Good find!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.