Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Graphics Comparison and Performance Guide 1080

2»

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i run everything maxed out (except shadows, which are on medium i think).

i7 920 OC'd to 4.0

gtx 570

6gb ddr3

my perfomance has improved over the BWE's, BWE3 being very smooth in all areas. the biggest change for me going from BWE 2 into 3 was fps in Lion's Arch. went up from something like 20 to ~40ish.

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by sammyeli
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by sammyeli

Remember Xfire and SLI are not supported so you are just using one GPU also GW 2 is CPU heavy game looking at my loads I have a GTX 580 and it just sits around at 30% load graphics maxed out. They also did tweaking friday night so in certain areas I was getting around 160-190 FPS and in WvWin massive battles roughly around 35+ fps with you know like 200+ players, I do turn shadows off in WvW. 

Also my specs are :-

Intel 990X @ 4GHZ now

12 GB Corsair Dominator running triple channel @ 2030Mhz

GTX 580 OC'c core 850Mhz

2 x 120GB Crucial M4 SSDs Raid 0

Corsair 1200watt PSU

1200W? Lol, why don't you just plug it straight into Tjernobyl?

And I thought my Corsair V2 950W was extreme overkill. :)

Well I initialy bought it because I was going for tri SLI, then I stopped because of IVY bridge, but now I will be doign a full SLI since nVidia will release their own CPU hopefully soon and I will not be spending any money on a new comp until that comes out, so It is a good buy.

Also I am ordering full Liquid cooling thats another hit on the PSU, I am going for over kill cooling that includes RAM + Chipset + tri SLI GPU cooling + CPU  and proper air flow through the PC, so it will help out with the extra power.

This i didnt know about, thanks for the heads up :). Really thought nVidia were just sticking to mobile processors.

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Zezda
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    I would love to see more replys from thoes who are running max graphics and what their specs are. It should provide a good baseline for "current" minimum specs to run max graphics. I'm sporting the same memory, processor not oc'ed and 2x5770's with a similar HD. Be nice to see who has a similar spec and what their performance was like

Running 5280x1050 with a 7970 overclocked a bit and an i7-950 at 4.2Ghz. All settings maxed in game.

I put up a load of screenshots in this thread here http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/358004/Some-screenshots-from-BWE3.html

One of these days, someone will get Grass right :)

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

Honestly, not THAT impressed with the graphics. I'd say it's comparible to what WoW's would be on a newer engine. By WoW I mean the way the art was done made it look better than it actually was which is what this game does. I think TSW has much better eye candy TBH... and planetside 2, once everyone actually gets to experience it first hand, will completely blow you away.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I tweked the graphics to make the game look good and run smooth on my crappy laptop

I7 2.00 GHz

NVIDIA 540M

8 gigs DDR3

1366 X 768 Res

WIN 7 X 64

(No shadows)

• Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by BilboDoggins
    I would love to see more replys from thoes who are running max graphics and what their specs are. It should provide a good baseline for "current" minimum specs to run max graphics. I'm sporting the same memory, processor not oc'ed and 2x5770's with a similar HD. Be nice to see who has a similar spec and what their performance was like

Its CPU bottlenecked so no matter how good your GPU is its not gonna matter right now.

I have a 6970 2gb GPU and 1090t Black Ed. 3.6 ghz OC and it doesnt matter if I run the game in the lowest or highest settings, the frame rates stay virtually the same.

When they optimize it most of these problems should go away but for now most people will get awful-poor performance except those with either REALLY high end CPU's or people who have OC's their CPU's well beyond the default settings. at least 4.0ghz but probably more around 4.5-5ghz which I would NOT recommend trying unless you know what your doing.

They said that the CPU is currently the bottleneck in high end system yes. That does not mean that the GPU don't matter, a bad GPU will still suck. Crossfire was disabled here so your 2 cards doesn´t really help at all at the moment.

My hexacore on the other hand worked surprisingly good here. :) I didn't even clock it up, I decided to try first and see if I had to, but I had great performance all the time (it is water cooled so I had plan to clock it up from 3,2 to 3,8).

But yeah, the engine needs optimization.

Between BWE2 and BWE3 I upgrade from an ATI 4870x2 to a NVIDIA GTX690 and saw very significant performance gains.

Also I run a fairly old chip.  A i7 920 @ 2.67GHz.  With 6GB of RAM.

I was able to run with max settings with acceptable framerates but with occasional wierd problems after a zone in.  I backed everything down to medium, but I did all of the sylvari lands with everything to high and shadows to Ultra.  Not sure what my FPS was but probably in the 40s.

With this set up I can run TSW with almost everything to max settings and get about 50 FPS most of the time.

My conclusion is the GPU does matter.  The CPU does not matter that much.  But mostly likely they are not taking full advantage of all the GPUs a GTX690 could use.  Sure it probably pushes my CPU pretty hard, but in the end having a better CPU probably would do very little.

• Lion.CrossLion.Cross Member Posts: 13

i7-2700k @ 4.5 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB

Was getting 60-90 fps most of the time in the open world with everything maxed. My fps would peak up to 110+ sometimes. In heavy battles such as big DEs or WvW, I would still stay at a solid 40+ fps. GPU load was around 80-90% mostly.

To compare with BWE2, I was getting 40-70 fps most of the time, and the GPU load was around 40-50%.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Ran it with everything maxed out and had no issues with fps at all at 1920x1080.

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit

*Tower: Cooler Master 922 HAF added a few fans

*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.4ghz

*Ram: 8GB 1866mhz g.skill sniper series

*Graphics Card: 2 ran in SLI - MSI GTX 560 TI OC'd core's to 950 and memory 2170

*Mother Board: Asrock P67 Extreme4

*Power Supply: CorsairTX 850watt

*Storage: Samsung 830 128gb SSD & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb *GW2 is on the SSD

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

AMD PH II 3,2 x6 Ghz, 480 GTX, 8 gigs DDR3 1333, 4 raided Intel X-25 SSDs.

Excellent performance with maxed out graphics.

• sphene86sphene86 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Loke666

AMD PH II 3,2 x6 Ghz, 480 GTX, 8 gigs DDR3 1333, 4 raided Intel X-25 SSDs.

Excellent performance with maxed out graphics.

I call bullshit, a pos phenom cant run with excellent performance on max settings. Your cpu is just too shit to run good on only one core.

• quickshotzquickshotz Member Posts: 215

There isnt anything the control panel can really add other then color saturation or other AA methods
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by quickshotz

There isnt anything the control panel can really add other then color saturation or other AA methods

There is also the handful of settings where you choose between "high performance", "performance", "quality" and "high quality".   Those do make a difference, I assume.

As far as the thread topic goes, for those asking for performance and system specs.  I get a pretty consistent 100-120 fps in the game when just running around and doing stuff.  It drops as low as 80-90 fps in PvE when doing events where there is a whole lot of other people and other activity around and down to the 60-70 range in very crowded WvWvW areas.  

This is with all settings cranked up to the absolute max in both the games and in the Nvidia control panel.  Except AA, which I do not like the look of, so it is turned off.

Edited to add: I have adaptive vsync turned on in the control panel, so 120 fps is as high as it can go (that's my refresh rate).

My specs are:

• EVGA GEFORCE GTX 690 Video Card
    • INTEL I7-3820 3.6 GHZ CPU, Overclocked to 4.3 GHz with liquid cooling
    • ASUS X79 RAMPAGE IV EXTREME Motherboard
    • 16 GB DDR3/ 2000 MHZ MEMORY 

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179

anyone CRAZY enough to try the game on a Toshiba NB550D netbook? 

Just for the laughs that is :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

High settings, 1080p resolution, 120Hz refresh

CPU: Q9400

GPU: 5850

RAM: 8GB

I don't understand those who claim there is a CPU bottleneck, and even worse some claiming that the game is using only one core or other similar bs. My CPU never went over 60% on ALL cores, it was using all 4 cores and they were all at similar usage levels. My GPU on the other hand went as high as 100% at times (regularly at 80%) and when it reached 100% obviously I experienced some graphic lag.

My not-so-new CPU had absolutely no problem with the game, even when I tried at max settings my CPU was handling the game perfectly, it was all the GPU that was maxing out at 100% and caused some rare performance drops.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Anybody know a good cpu upgrade for my athlon 640 3.0 GHz 4 cores. It's socket AM3 so I would have to upgrade to some other amd cpu but I don't know which one.
  • JagaridJagarid Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Originally posted by seridan

High settings, 1080p resolution, 120Hz refresh

CPU: Q9400

GPU: 5850

RAM: 8GB

I don't understand those who claim there is a CPU bottleneck, and even worse some claiming that the game is using only one core or other similar bs. My CPU never went over 60% on ALL cores, it was using all 4 cores and they were all at similar usage levels. My GPU on the other hand went as high as 100% at times (regularly at 80%) and when it reached 100% obviously I experienced some graphic lag.

My not-so-new CPU had absolutely no problem with the game, even when I tried at max settings my CPU was handling the game perfectly, it was all the GPU that was maxing out at 100% and caused some rare performance drops.

The claims of CPU bottleneck go back to earlier BWEs, seridan.   They have been optimizing and moving more to the GPUs now, but that did not used to be the case.  From what I have seen of people posting their utilization as of the last stress test, where the 100% was (GPU or CPU) now varies by hardware.  Obviously though, people where it is still at the CPU are going to  say CPU as if it is the case for everyone because they aren't seeing that anything as changed at all on their end.  Or at least much.

• MercAngelMercAngel Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by QSatu
    Anybody know a good cpu upgrade for my athlon 640 3.0 GHz 4 cores. It's socket AM3 so I would have to upgrade to some other amd cpu but I don't know which one.

why

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270 Processor 3.4GHz

8GB Ram

NVIDIA 560TI MAX settings AVG of 60 FPS.