Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Letter from the Producer Discusses Patch 1.23, 2.0 Promo

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Final Fantasy XIV's Naoki Yoshida is back with the latest "Letter from the Producer" entry. In the missive, Yoshida discusses his plans to travel to China on business related to the launch of FFXIV in the territory, the final version update (1.23) to the current version of the game, the summer festival, and, of course, what players can expect later this summer as far as promotion for version 2.0 goes.

In order to convey FFXIV’s allure from a fresh perspective, we plan to release the info in stages—from lore, scenario, and characters, to the game system itself. Some things are bound to stir criticism, and I’ll be watching fan reaction with great interest.

As for my keywords, I’d like to tentatively go with rebirth, challenge, reform, and—last but not least—FINAL FANTASY.

Read more over at the official Final Fantasy XIV forums.

imageimage

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

He didn't say anything =/ We have to wait for any new info.

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

When i first looked the Yukata, i thought "Damn. They are way too short" and then read this:

"Um...right. As you can see, in keeping with Japanese fashion, the yukata are kinda...short. I must apologize in advance to those who prefer traditional full-length types. You see, some people on the team have certain...inclinations. /lol"

I really enjoy how Yoshida writes these Letters. Can't wait for the Info on 2.0

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I would like to see how the plot ends. When I joined the game again during the free week there was nothing new other than fighting bosses to unlock the classic FF jobs - and really moronic, grindy achievements.

However, whenever I reconsider subbing again I realize it's FF11 which I really miss.

Let's hope even SE comes up with a f2p model one day. Can't really say GW2 will put them under pressure there, since FF has always been a niche game, ignoring the competition (and that was a good thing).

Harbinger of Fools
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

i recently rejoined ff12 to put some time into a character before the 2.00 blitz. as someone who played at launch the game has gotten smoother and better and i find the outlook of the people in game to be a shade more optimistic than pessimistic.

it's still not where it has to be by a longshot but i do believe it's a LOT closer than at launch.  I'm looking forward to getting an advanced {job} or two before 2.0 (<--- see me {use the auto-translate function} ? )

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• clamoclamo Member Posts: 16

this game will never thrive like 11 did.  and the key word is "DID"

SE has already merged the game servers for 14, it took them a year to fix the major issues and its still loosing its player base.

11 failed for 2 major reasons, 1: the global eco failed and a lot of ppl just could not pay subscription fees. and 2: SE keept scrueing its player base over, by putting restraints on them. "the game was getting to be to much of a pain instead of any fun"

just about the same thing happened right off the bat with 14, the ONLY reason y the did keep some players is that they let them play for free.

I am a mojor FF fan and just finished 13-2, but SE needs to stop messing around with there MMO's and get there act together and make both games so much fun to play like 11 orignaly was. and to start they should make at least one of them free to play, so they can at least get there user base back and roling.