Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Next Phase of 'Single Server Technology' in August

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

The next phase of Age of Conan's transition to a single-server technology has been dated for August 7-8th. In the next phase, both the US and EU servers will merge down into three server types: PvE, PvP and Blood & Glory.

Why aren't the US & EU servers being combined as well? Funcom explains that "technical considerations" prevented them from pursuing this option.

http://fize.free.fr/image/conan/SavageLandsOfChosain600.jpg

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Glad to see that US & EU servers are merged. I never understood why publishers would keep us seperated and have the server pretty unpopulated half of the day.

On a side note... One server technology, is that on other term for our servers are empty and we have enough players to fit on one server..? ;P

• arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129
    Originally posted by Reizla

Glad to see that US & EU servers are merged. I never understood why publishers would keep us seperated and have the server pretty unpopulated half of the day.

On a side note... One server technology, is that on other term for our servers are empty and we have enough players to fit on one server..? ;P

US and EU are not getting merged together. All of the US servers merged down to 3, all the EU servers merged down to 3. Not : US and EU to 3 servers

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Reizla

I think you misread it. Us and EU have not been merged together, they will 'both' be merged down to 3 servers; 3 servers each..

Edit: was beaten to it

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

hey guys, it's not a server merge, it's..... SINGLE SERVER TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

This is probably the most creative way of disguising the fact that they're merging servers that I've seen. SWTOR should look for a way to do that.

Though this game COULD all fit on one server considering all the zones are capped at like, 20 people before they become instanced. Barely an MMO.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Anyone who followed Secret World knows what single server technology means and why it is THE innovative way any mmo should handle itself.

Hatters gonna hate though. :)

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Originally posted by Yuui

Anyone who followed Secret World knows what single server technology means and why it is THE innovative way any mmo should handle itself.

Instancing everything is innovative? News to me.

Also, Eve has one server, without making it all instanced and breaking people apart. Haters gonna hate.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

They should simply allow US-Players play the EU-Game and have their chars transferred so they must not start over.
    Maybe mirror their chars and give them the same level and aa and let them choose equipment appropriate to them.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

Originally posted by Thorqemada

They should simply allow US-Players play the EU-Game and have their chars transferred so they must not start over.
    Maybe mirror their chars and give them the same level and aa and let them choose equipment appropriate to them.

Its an issue with publishers I'd assume. MMOs generally have two publishers and that's why the servers can never interact.

• vieplis666vieplis666 Member Posts: 33

Nah its fake free to play game with locked content! Its still chained! Dont waste your time!

• lapseglapseg Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by Garvon3

Also, Eve has one server, without making it all instanced and breaking people apart. Haters gonna hate.

You are a bad bad bad troll, and u reaaaaly dont know what u're saying :) Eve has one server cause it's a shit game where no actions is happening lol

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Denambren

hey guys, it's not a server merge, it's..... SINGLE SERVER TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but .. we haz coders!!

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Garvon3

Its not instancing everything..

its like having say 5 servers but people accross those servers can actually play togeather if they like. So instead of being totally seperate they are now able to do things togeather. Not instancing unless you want to call seperate servers instances as well..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by vieplis666

Nah its fake free to play game with locked content! Its still chained! Dont waste your time!

No big MMORPG will be truly "free" to play... the company needs to make money. So yess of course things will be locked down for the people who dont want to pay.. its how it should be.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

This was one of those games I never could get into.  Probably the restricted areas, you were always funneled everywhere.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Folks this is nothing more then Funcom downsizeing before F2p.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA