Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free to play, pay to die

2»

Comments

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

end game armor? bwaahahahaha he has spent too much time raiding dungeons...

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• TheBicBirdTheBicBird Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Woopin
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by seanfitzs
    Originally posted by Saryhl

Inside gaming from a few weeks ago about PS2 was at E3, and they state beyond any doubt, Real money for camo's and decals, in game currency for power and everything else. So False accusations, you heard wrong, or interpereted wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsbXISt3qRE

Well im not going to get into what the OP is talking about, but I will say something on this.. Real money will be able to buy EVERYTHING ingame..  Sure you can get it with real currency but I know for a fact you will be able to buy weapons atleast with station cash (SC) as well...

The devs are just neglecting to let people know this...

Another person who did not check out what they are saying.

If you follow planetside on twitter, facebook or any fansite you would know that the deves have said you can buy weapons in the cash shop many times, what they also said was how this works and it is this.

As an NC player my weapons that I get for free will fire less bullets but will do more damage, the TR will fire more bullets but do less damge per bullet.

So if I like the NC guns mostly but would prefer one to be a TR type gun I can purchase a gun that will fire more but do less damage, it will not fire as rapidy as TR but will do slighty more damge thus keeping the NC theme but it lets me ajust my gun to my play style.

You cannot buy a gun with better stats you have to give something up to get the extra you want.

I don't know what im talking about yet your the one talking about sidegrades which I am not refering to..

Im talking about the fact that all the weapons which are not free btw because you have to earn ingame currency to purchase most them. Will also be aviable to be purchased with SC (Station Cash) cash which is the currency you can spend real life money on... 

But im done aruging with you people about this.  You will see soon.

Wrong again.

You can get a boost in resources used to buy weapons and good things we are talking small % boosts too. But you can earn them by empire and just playing.

SC will be used for COSMETIC stuff like skins etc.

Please do not post until you have any clue on what you are talking about anyone who follows Planetside 2 or follows PSU knows this.

Im sorry, but you are wrong. There are multiple interviews in which Higby himself says that you can buy weapons with SC cash if you are impatient. Those weapons can also be unlocked through ingame currency. I don't even have to give a link... He says this in all of his interviews. It's kinda like Tribes Ascend.... Just hopefully not as retarded.

You start with 20 weapons. You unlock more as you play. If you don't want to wait to unlock... You can pay.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Next time find the link before post. For now mod please close this topic as without any proven link or prove it's just aa big piece of lie.

PS: OP feel free to start another thread once you get your source

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412
    Originally posted by TheBicBird

Inside gaming from a few weeks ago about PS2 was at E3, and they state beyond any doubt, Real money for camo's and decals, in game currency for power and everything else. So False accusations, you heard wrong, or interpereted wrong.

Well im not going to get into what the OP is talking about, but I will say something on this.. Real money will be able to buy EVERYTHING ingame..  Sure you can get it with real currency but I know for a fact you will be able to buy weapons atleast with station cash (SC) as well...

If you follow planetside on twitter, facebook or any fansite you would know that the deves have said you can buy weapons in the cash shop many times, what they also said was how this works and it is this.

As an NC player my weapons that I get for free will fire less bullets but will do more damage, the TR will fire more bullets but do less damge per bullet.

So if I like the NC guns mostly but would prefer one to be a TR type gun I can purchase a gun that will fire more but do less damage, it will not fire as rapidy as TR but will do slighty more damge thus keeping the NC theme but it lets me ajust my gun to my play style.

You cannot buy a gun with better stats you have to give something up to get the extra you want.

I don't know what im talking about yet your the one talking about sidegrades which I am not refering to..

Im talking about the fact that all the weapons which are not free btw because you have to earn ingame currency to purchase most them. Will also be aviable to be purchased with SC (Station Cash) cash which is the currency you can spend real life money on... 

Wrong again.

You can get a boost in resources used to buy weapons and good things we are talking small % boosts too. But you can earn them by empire and just playing.

Please do not post until you have any clue on what you are talking about anyone who follows Planetside 2 or follows PSU knows this.

Im sorry, but you are wrong. There are multiple interviews in which Higby himself says that you can buy weapons with SC cash if you are impatient. Those weapons can also be unlocked through ingame currency. I don't even have to give a link... He says this in all of his interviews. It's kinda like Tribes Ascend.... Just hopefully not as retarded.

You start with 20 weapons. You unlock more as you play. If you don't want to wait to unlock... You can pay.

I've been following PS2 for as long as it was first whispered in game and visit PSU at least once a day. It is from my understanding that you can't purchase weapons at all with station cash. Weapons are purchased with certifications in game and can be modified many different ways, but never in such a way so that it becomes a more powerful weapon. Spending station cash may allow you to get your certification points quicker, but as I've said it can't buy weapons straight out based on everything I've read.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Wrong again.

Your the one that is wrong and needs to stop posting.

You CAN buy weapons with SC (sony cash).... but you CAN also buy them in game with ingame currency..

Now how about you stop posting untill YOU know what your are talking about.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Originally posted by tkoreaper

Wrong again.

I've been following PS2 for as long as it was first whispered in game and visit PSU at least once a day. It is from my understanding that you can't purchase weapons at all with station cash. Weapons are purchased with certifications in game and can be modified many different ways, but never in such a way so that it becomes a more powerful weapon. Spending station cash may allow you to get your certification points quicker, but as I've said it can't buy weapons straight out based on everything I've read.

Watch the videos... When you see them tout the online menus/ingame menus for customization, the weapons clearly have an ingame currence AND station cash price on them. Weapons CAN be bought with SC, that is where the majority of their $$$ will come from. This will not put you at an advantage, as others will be able to easily unlock the weapons as well (hopefully). HIGBY has said, in multiple interviews, that you can purchase weapons with Station Cash if you do not want to unlock them with in-game currency (ie you don't want to wait). I don't care what PSU says, HIGBY is the creative designer for PS2.

ITS IN THE VIDEOS THAT THE WEAPONS HAVE STATION CASH PRICES AND IN-GAME CURRENCY PRICES. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxc5flxhP0 Look at this video. Go to 26:38. Stop arguing about it. It's in the game. You can buy weapons with INGAME and with STATIONCASH. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KP3N7BjF4

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Watch the videos... When you see them tout the online menus/ingame menus for customization, the weapons clearly have an ingame currence AND station cash price on them. Weapons CAN be bought with SC, that is where the majority of their $$$ will come from. This will not put you at an advantage, as others will be able to easily unlock the weapons as well (hopefully). HIGBY has said, in multiple interviews, that you can purchase weapons with Station Cash if you do not want to unlock them with in-game currency (ie you don't want to wait). I don't care what PSU says, HIGBY is the creative designer for PS2.

ITS IN THE VIDEOS THAT THE WEAPONS HAVE STATION CASH PRICES AND IN-GAME CURRENCY PRICES. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxc5flxhP0 Look at this video. Go to 26:38. Stop arguing about it. It's in the game. You can buy weapons with INGAME and with STATIONCASH. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0KP3N7BjF4

Bingo!  I love the last vid too!

I was going to post this video last night in my last post, but I wanted them to argue some more with me before I  eventually shut them down with this vid.  Don't ask me why lol...

Anyways thanks for posting this, hopefully they see the light now and understand you will be able to buy things like weapons with Araxium (the ingame currency) and Staton Cash (SC)  as it is right now.

This might change folks since it is beta, but it may not.  At first I hated this idea but then I started to think they need to make the game profitable some how so they can continue to bring us new content.

One thing I wanna ask you though TheBicBird (since it seems you know what your talking about) is did you hear when they mentioned something about being able to buy Araxium with Station Cash?  I forgot what video it was but im pretty sure I heard Higby say something to that affect.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

I didn't hear that, but I don't see a point. 

I don't think Auraxium is actually the resource that we will use for vehicles and "direct combat" abilities (guessing that there are different, seperate "resource" types)... It seems more closely related to your character's guns/attachments.  If that was the case, you would be transferring your SC into Auraxium to buy the same items you could have bought with SC. The tradeoff might be a better conversion factor from SC:Auraxium, but I doubt it. 

I also don't think Auraxium is used to buy certs... Those are character related, so you get those from combat, offline progression, etc (ie XP). The only way I see SC affecting certs is through XP boosters, one time VIP purchase booster, etc.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

The question that was asked on the E3 about pay to win was kicked into the ground with that question within 5 seconds.

The only money you want or need to spend is on COSMETIC flavors.

[mod edit]

Originally posted by Mothanos

The question that was asked on the E3 about pay to win was kicked into the ground with that question within 5 seconds.

[mod edit]

The thing I like most about your post is that I gave proof of what I am saying. You cannot dispute the videos. You obviously didn't even read my post. 

I never claimed it was pay2win. It is pay2unlockfaster. You don't NEED to buy the weapons, but you CAN and you get them FASTER. We don't know how much time it will take to unlock the weapons or even if the In-Game currency lets you permanently unlock them (it might be a timer unlock ie blacklight retribution). 

We don't even know if the in-game currency unlocks will take a couple days or more than a week. And if you take what a developer is saying about a Free-To-Play game about how the in-game economy/unlock system works, you might want to look at every other f2p game. I'm sure Hi-Rez doesn't consider their unlock system to be pay2win, although a lot of gamers would argue that it is.

[mod edit] Read what I actually write, not what you want me to write so you can argue more. Watch the video I posted, go to the video time I mention. It clearly shows that you can buy weapons with Station Cash. 

[mod edit]

• MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Mothanos

[mod edit]

The thing I like most about your post is that I gave proof of what I am saying. You cannot dispute the videos. You obviously didn't even read my post. 

I never claimed it was pay2win. It is pay2unlockfaster. You don't NEED to buy the weapons, but you CAN and you get them FASTER. We don't know how much time it will take to unlock the weapons or even if the In-Game currency lets you permanently unlock them (it might be a timer unlock ie blacklight retribution). 

We don't even know if the in-game currency unlocks will take a couple days or more than a week. And if you take what a developer is saying about a Free-To-Play game about how the in-game economy/unlock system works, you might want to look at every other f2p game. I'm sure Hi-Rez doesn't consider their unlock system to be pay2win, although a lot of gamers would argue that it is.

[mod edit] Read what I actually write, not what you want me to write so you can argue more. Watch the video I posted, go to the video time I mention. It clearly shows that you can buy weapons with Station Cash. 

[mod edit]

well most of the weapons u are ablew to perma buy with ingame money(weapon parts) in BLR ... myself have a lot of weapon parts perma unlocked and stuff for depot, armors and items .. the only this bad but not extremelly op is the Heroes .. the rest seems pretty good balanced

and if it wont take ages to unlock weapons and stuff perma with ingame xp for Planetside 2 it wount be a problem if u can also buy weapons faster with Station cash .. at least it wont be for me

so the only thing they need to make good is dont make weapons(or any other thing that can be bounght with ingame money) ask for a ton of xp to unlock it perma and make the xp gain good even if u dont use xp boosts ... from what i saw in E3 streams the xp was quite nice if it wasnt xp boosted (dont think it was) and now we just wait and see the beta soon and how things will turn out from there on

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by demiqus

misinformation abound here

1- There is no 'end game' and therefore no 'end game armor'

2- There is no repair costs, period. Engineers repair for free, you can respawn after death with new armor for free. You go to a term, change class and get fresh armor again for free.

3-There is a resource cost for selecting max units and vehicles, but resources are in game and acquired by your faction gaining ground. No sc required at all, ever, for this. Passive defence and nobody trying to get out of a base is useless because of the resource system.

4-The only things you will be paying for, and completely optional , is xp boosts for x time , certain weapon unlocks (which you will be able to unlock anyway in game but might take you longer in time to get) but nothing OP , and cosmetic alterations . Sidegrades, not upgrades!

^^Exactly^^

It would make zero sense to have it cost you to repair armor with rl money when engineers do it for free. Besides if PS2 is anything like PS1, get ready to die so many times you can't count, because that happens a lot. It's not an annoyance though as you can just respawn back up get your gear and get back into the fight fast.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Kemeros

So this thread needs to be edited by mod or deleted. This is utter and  complete misinformation. Like others in this thread said before, there is no such thing as end game content in ps2. The game is meant to throw you back in combat asap unless you need to modify your stuff.

Charging real cash because people die? Who in their right mind would do that?

lol not people ,he meant characters . god forbid why you want people to die ? :P

• MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    Originally posted by Kemeros

So this thread needs to be edited by mod or deleted. This is utter and  complete misinformation. Like others in this thread said before, there is no such thing as end game content in ps2. The game is meant to throw you back in combat asap unless you need to modify your stuff.

Charging real cash because people die? Who in their right mind would do that?

lol not people ,he meant characters . god forbid why you want people to die ? :P

this is for Kemeros ... who in their right mind would do this ... funeral homes :)

however if your char dies in Planetside 2 u will not pay any real money to be able to fight again

• myrmxmyrmx Member Posts: 93

it's the exact same as league of legends ... you either play a lot to unlocks or pay to get more stuff

- Skin - planetside will boast different weapon with the same "stats" simply spread differently such as speed range dmg etc..etc..

- unlocks either weapon or vehicule

- various boost to xp resource etc..etc.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

I love the misleading information of this thread.

And yes, OP is lying.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

We should just call this site mmolies.com