Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sleeper hit and its just a mod LOL better then standalone games

alexanys1982alexanys1982 naples, FLPosts: 276Member

Dayz holy crapola, never been so sucked into an experience of immersion like this since vanilla WoW....scared sh---less like back in resident evil 1.....i would check into it if your into sandboxy type games at all....I didnt know it existed until yesterday and iv been up all night playing!

Comments

• etlaretlar Posts: 686Member Uncommon

There´s been alot of talk about this game lately, so not so much a sleeper hit since arma 3 will feature a full dayz mod also made by the original guy, and they gave him a crew this time.

But yeah, looks awesome indeed, sadly i dont have arma 2 though :)

• spacebotspacebot kingsport, TNPosts: 148Member Uncommon

It also has way more bugs and is harder to install than most standalone games. But yea it is fun.

• keviebyokeviebyo City, MIPosts: 31Member

I've had my eye on it for a couple months now, and as soon as it went 40% off through Steam, I bought it.

In my experience, it is just a step above unplayable. I heard that there were a lot of bugs, but most of the time it takes 20 minutes just to get connected to a server. On top of that, 99% of the buildings are useless and can not be entered. Running from a zombie is more annoying, than it is scary. 

While I was really interested in a brutal, 'realistic', zombie survival game, this just doesn't work at all for me. Which makes me sad.  At least it's an interesting concept.

• UnshraUnshra Hanover, MDPosts: 382Member

If you like DAYZ you like like WARZ when it comes out, both started delevopment around the same time the difference is that WARZ aims to be an MMO but wil perma-death full loot on harcore servers and character lock on normal servers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/19/the-war-z-a-new-zombie-survival-experience?

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• keinohrkeinohr BraunschweigPosts: 60Member
    Originally posted by etlar

There´s been alot of talk about this game lately, so not so much a sleeper hit since arma 3 will feature a full dayz mod also made by the original guy, and they gave him a crew this time.

But yeah, looks awesome indeed, sadly i dont have arma 2 though :)

I thought the creator is going for a standalone version:

http://kotaku.com/5924227/dayz-creator-ponders-a-free+to+play-standalone-version

BTW.  I am curious about the upcoming War Z. It sounds like a cheap rip-off.

• DragonantisDragonantis DublinPosts: 974Member

Over 2 months on and im still fully addicted to Dayz. Been alive ver a month now playing at least 4 hours a day so im quite paranoid about other players right now XD

• SlickShoesSlickShoes EdinburghPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

Over 2 months on and im still fully addicted to Dayz. Been alive ver a month now playing at least 4 hours a day so im quite paranoid about other players right now XD

Been playing the same time as you and love it as much but could never survive that long, I play solo and often manage to wander in to the wrong place and my life ends, been hunting for a tent for weeks now, still no luck.

• causscauss sonnegaPosts: 663Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

Been playing the same time as you and love it as much but could never survive that long, I play solo and often manage to wander in to the wrong place and my life ends, been hunting for a tent for weeks now, still no luck.

That's sad :( I play in a group with around 9 (real life) friends on a daily basis. We have 6 tents, 2 quads, a bicycle, a truck and a bus. So we're all pretty scary someone will find our secret basecamp!

• EiviEivi DundeePosts: 96Member

Once upon a time, Counter-Strike was just a game that came free with half life. Mod's have a way of ourgrowing the original game it was intended for :)

• StonesDKStonesDK SomewherePosts: 1,805Member
    Originally posted by causs
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

That's sad :( I play in a group with around 9 (real life) friends on a daily basis. We have 6 tents, 2 quads, a bicycle, a truck and a bus. So we're all pretty scary someone will find our secret basecamp!

You probably hid it off the map like all the other exploiters