Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: New Clothing Available in Store

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Each Tuesday, Funcom will update the item store for The Secret World with new clothing items for players to purchase. The first update added "skeleton motif" jackets for males and double-breasted trenchcoats for females.

It's also important to note that as new items come into the store Funcom will phase out older items (but not before putting them on sale!) so be sure to grab these items before they're gone!

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Would be nice to know what the new items are this Tuesday's update and pictures of them.

• cag1980cag1980 Member Posts: 78

A bit slow on the uptake with this one, i saw this and thought mmorpg.com had got a list of this weeks clothing, not last weeks.

oh well. :P

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Im surprised more people dont have a problem with this game....$50 box, $15 sub, and then the cash shop too..... And the game isn't very good to boot......Until people stand up and  say "Hey were already paying big bucks for this game give us some decent clothing options" these companies will continue to do this.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

There are plenty of decent clothing options available for the in game currency. As long as the cash shop sticks with cosmetic stuff, I've no problem with it. In fact, I pretty much ignore it.

If people want to spend their hard earned money on virtual clothes, so be it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Theocritus

Im surprised more people dont have a problem with this game....$50 box, $15 sub, and then the cash shop too..... And the game isn't very good to boot......Until people stand up and  say "Hey were already paying big bucks for this game give us some decent clothing options" these companies will continue to do this.

I think the reason is that there are more than enough clothing items in game. It seems that CS items are different skins of in game styles. Also there is the potential to craft clothing items in the future as well. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62

I do like the idea of clothing "going in/out of fashion". Fits nicely with the world they designed. That said, I'm probably never going to pay anything extra just for some set of clothing.

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213

Im surprised more people dont have a problem with this game....$50 box, $15 sub, and then the Completely Optional Cosemtic Item cash shop too..... And In My Personal Opinion the game isn't very good to boot......Until people stand up and  say "Hey, we're already paying big bucks for this game Thank You For The decent clothing options" these companies will continue This Completely Legitimate Business Model.

Fixed it for you.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• MeliezaMelieza Member Posts: 269

Need screenshots since I can't log into the game from work :P  Double breasted trenchcoat sounds cool.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Best MMO I have seen in a while; Fantastic value a Month of gameplay for the equiv of a night out ; You need to get a proper job and wise up. Good Value is Good Value whatever your misguided opinion.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

thats great and all, but when will we see new clothing in the game? I dont have real money to waste but i sure have a shit ton of it in game

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Still in honey peroid. Check in 3 months.

• PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559
    Originally posted by Isane

Im surprised more people dont have a problem with this game....$50 box, $15 sub, and then the cash shop too..... And the game very good to boot, but not for me......Until people stand up and  say "Hey were already paying big bucks for this game give us some decent clothing options" these companies will continue to do this.

Best MMO I have seen in a while; Fantastic value a Month of gameplay for the equiv of a night out ; You need to get a proper job and wise up. Good Value is Good Value whatever your misguided opinion.

Dont forget people already did stand up and have proven they DO want the extra optional fluff and ARE willing to pay for it.

Its down right hilarious, without the CS there would NEVER be such an frequent update in "optional fluff". We have what? 15 years of mmo's to proof new styles pretty much only come with (major) content updates like new tiers of dungeons/raids or pvp seasons.

Then ofcourse the fact the game DOES offer a rather extensive list of free as well as in game currency priced clothes to chose from.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

nice clothes. Ill buy them when i can use the $15 monthly bucks for the cash shop instead of a sub.....

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

1 week old update? come on.... I thought new clothes were released

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

WHen you see a company pushing the in-game cash shop it is a sure sign they are trying to maximize profits for the game post-launch. TSW isn't a bad game, but it is a 7/10 effort rather than a 8-9 / 10 effort. Will be Free-2-play with in-game cash shop items in a year.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well for 1 its the best themepark mmorpg out there and will be for quite some time... and 2 I aint even opened the cash shop so no i have no issues with it..  There are tons and tons of items in game that i can buy with in game cash in the stores in london and jsut quickly looking at the above link and items that are available i dont think i would want anything LOL..

So no issues here.. plus nearly every mmorpg out there now has some form of cash shop.. sadly its the way things are goings.. At least the one in TSW only has cosmetic items that i dont give a balls about lol

• BHWolfBHWolf Member UncommonPosts: 10

I think the game is great, despite a number of issues that havebeen highlighted. However, if one is looking for a game that hands everything to you inorder to complete a mission, this is not the one for you.

But in respect of the cash shop I am less supportive. For example, the double breasted trenchcoats, already existed in game and, these are just different colours that cannot be 'purchased' with in-game tokens. Similarly there will often be an outfit that when taken as a whole leaves something to be desired; but it will include a single item that would be useful or desireable. Also I have noticed that when I cannot find an item in a particular colour in-game as such, it can often be found included in an expensive outfit.

For those familiar with Champions Online, the cash shop in TSW seems to be operating along the same lines regarding clothing; which for me is a disappointment.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Maybe people do not stand up and say "Hey were already paying big bucks for this game give us some decent clothing options"  Because they simple do not care and are willing to put the box-price and sub money for the game because they enjoy it? 

I am enjoying the game. It worth the box and sub, but not going to spend money on the cash shop. Even if they add more then cosmetic stuff and if I still enjoy the game I still be paying and playing. 

• MystaisMystais Member Posts: 72

One... that's your opinion and definitely not a fact.

Two... no one is forcing anyone to buy these items and they have zero effect on gameplay.

@Ishist - Well said.

Tabletop RPG gaming since Chainmail and D&D was a blue book with some cheap plastic dice and a crayon. MMORPGing since MOOS/MUDS, when forums were just bulletin boards and players actually roleplayed their characters.

• BHWolfBHWolf Member UncommonPosts: 10

Quick update.

Unfortunately the first statement of this article would appear to be inaccurate.

Today is Tuesday, there has been a mini patch and the 'New' items in the cash store are the same as last week.

Maybe they meant every other week? Would it be possible for MMORPG to clarify what is happening?