Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very expensive to play and not worth it

KazBlueKazBlue Member Posts: 5

I paid the £30 to own a copy of this and then paid £8.99 a month but I think its a rip off. To have to buy after level 20 then pay every month is a con. Yeah the graphics are good but the kills get boring its all just the same with differnt landscapes slightly. No biggie and sad I wasted all my cash on it as have nothing to show for it. Very expensive to play and not worth it.

Comments

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

To me paying $15 (9 pounds) per month is really cheap, than buying a new game everyone for $60, which would only last me for a fraction of the time I get off an MMO.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• AtheenahAtheenah Member Posts: 58

I find it well worth the few bucks you pay for it, its cheaper than most.

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

too add my 2 cents

[mod edit]

- Gameclient costs 5-10 euros atm

- Subscription is still the norml for most big western mmo's so nothing new there

- Combat is just what rpgs/mmorpgs come down to these days, nothing unexpected or crazy here

[mod edit]

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70

"To have to buy after level 20 then pay every month is a con"

dont see how this can be a con lol you had 20 levels to decide if you liked the game. nice try though

• JosephProsekJosephProsek Member UncommonPosts: 98

So the OP tried the game till 20. Decided it was woth buying at that point. Then after his 30 days decided he wanted to sub. Then at some point decided all this choice was a scam? Yea sorry im not buying what mister 6 posts is selling.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Subscription MMO's cost some money to play.

Not everyone is willing to spend money to play them.

Rift isn't for you.

That's OK, plenty of F2P titles out there these days, I recommend L2, will keep you busy for years

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MMOSavantMMOSavant Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by KazBlue

I paid the £30 to own a copy of this and then paid £8.99 a month but I think its a rip off. To have to buy after level 20 then pay every month is a con. Yeah the graphics are good but the kills get boring its all just the same with differnt landscapes slightly. No biggie and sad I wasted all my cash on it as have nothing to show for it. Very expensive to play and not worth it.

So speaks someone used to the F2P world we now live in. At one time all mmorpgs were monthly subs. Rift is a decent mmo that is worth subbing too, unlike most of the crap that has followed, like TSW for example.

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

Take what this OP says with a grain of salt. "Her" only other posts have been guessed to be advertising Allods. It's too early to call "her" out in my book entirely, but there does seem to be enough evidence to be skeptical. Then again who cares what anyone thinks about an MMORPG? Certainly nobody here still values the random and contradictory opinions that appear here.

• BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299

If $15 a month is very expensive, and you ended up spending "ALL" your money on that sub...

I would think you should have higher priorieties than online gaming.

Perhaps you should put down the games for a bit, get a part time job and get your finances sorted out.   I mean these are just games and if 50 cents a day is putting you ina hard spot your time is much better spent getting out of that situation.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

It's actually very cheap.

If you find that expensive you can always choose something cheaper.

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

So you liked it enough to buy it after trying out the first 20 lvls and then decided it was too expensive afterwards to keep paying the sub fee ?

Good thing you did your research before hand......

This discussion has been closed.