Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day Z gets made into its own Buy to Play MMO

CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

With all the attention Day Z has been getting it was only a matter of time.  But indeed it is being made into its own buy to play mmorpg.   The title is " The War Z " .    Personally Im very excited and can't wait.  I'll be picking this up for sure. 

You can read a little about it, here:  https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/07/20/the-war-z-announced.aspx

Comments

• gajolmandgajolmand Member CommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Corehaven

With all the attention Day Z has been getting it was only a matter of time.  But indeed it is being made into its own buy to play mmorpg.   The title is " The War Z " .    Personally Im very excited and can't wait.  I'll be picking this up for sure. 

You can read a little about it, here:  https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/07/20/the-war-z-announced.aspx

You are way off man, The War Z is another game and have nothing to do with DayZ, The War Z have been in development far longer than DayZ have existed

• keviebyokeviebyo Member UncommonPosts: 31

Same genre, but it's an entirely different game and entirely different people making said game.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645

Ya it's totally different, war z will have more content but.....I don't think people will be that much of a fan of zombies to get the mmo version because there are better mmos out there then war z. and IMO I prefer DayZ

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• Bushi131Bushi131 Member Posts: 62

FAll 2012 so soon ...

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Ya it's totally different, war z will have more content but.....I don't think people will be that much of a fan of zombies to get the mmo version because there are better mmos out there then war z. and IMO I prefer DayZ

If WarZ is more combat centric I could get on board.  WarZ can even keep the hardcore gankers and FFA lloot system if a few things were different then dayz such as choosing where I spawn, slower zombie, more emphasis on combat and less on sneaking past groups of undead, better diverse loot profile with good melee options.  This is small list of what I would like to see.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

If anyone wants to know what the WarZ will be like, the developers also made War Inc Battlezone, a truly terrible game that looked great in screen shots and press info but played like a complete turd.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

If anyone wants to know what the WarZ will be like, the developers also made War Inc Battlezone, a truly terrible game that looked great in screen shots and press info but played like a complete turd.

never heard of it - but metacritic reviews agree w you

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/war-inc-battle-zone