Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You think GW2 is more of the same?

TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76

How else can they possibly make things diffrent?

Maybe you all should stick to single player games

Comments

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by TheDubanat0r

How else can they possibly make things diffrent? Maybe you all should stick to single player games

No thanks. I will stick to MMOs that don't do the same old, like Eve and Planetside 2
  • TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76

so your going to  stick to an RTS and an FPS? ok cool

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

It seems to me they made something I'vent seen before - a world that feels alive and goes on without me.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• BeilochBeiloch Member UncommonPosts: 75

Maybe they should take the generally better combat, story, sound, and presentation of those single player games and adapt them to being an MMO.

That's my biggest problem with MMO's right now, they are developed like they are exempt from being compared to other types of games even though they use a lot of similar mechanics, just watered down versions.

For example look at the elder scrolls MMO, they could make piles of money by taking skyrim, putting some new art assets and a different story behind it, maybe a couple new bells and whistles that are exclusive to a multiplayer atmosphere and MMO it up. But instead they are remaking it to be watered down. So sad.

No, I don't limit my comparison to other MMO's I compare it to all modern games. Because it's very possible for them to use those systems. It's like the industry is purposely short selling itself, making sure to only advance in the smallest increments possible to squeeze as much money out of the genre as possible. All this while amateurs are putting together huge mods people are stoked for.

Reminds me of the auto industry. Companies keep making vehicles more fuel efficient and all around better in the smallest increments possible while amateurs are leap frogging what will be years of baby steps for the big companies. Sadly they don't have the infrastructure to truly take on the 'big boys'

So not exactly more of the same, but its within finger poking distance of the same. While all of it in every aspect isn't even within eyeshot of the cutting edge of video games.

• kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

Gotta love the agressive tone.

Maybe you should realize GW2 is not all that.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Lag too much with good graphics that's why their graphically not as good as single player games

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

Spastic fps circle strafe fest suck. And before you tell me that's realistic, know that no one fights running in circles with their body 1/2 cocked throwing punches, if you do that you'll die or get knocked out depending on the nature of the fight. 

I am going to try gw2, but I am willing to try it because they didn't go full wack-a-mole fps combat while apparently  having some solid content. And PS2 is not an mmorpg ,it is an mmofps. I think the mmofps crowd is going to get more and more games in the future, I am hoping that means they'll stop playing mmorpgs and leave the genre to those that actually like it.

• RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8

Gotta love the agressive tone.

Maybe you should realize GW2 is not all that.

Maybe you shouldnt create accounts to troll about games that for some reason you dont like. Its so much easier to just dont play it :)

Your account posts speak for it self..

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by emperorwings

Lag too much with good graphics that's why their graphically not as good as single player games

Lag has nothing at all to do with graphical quality. Lag != low/stuttering framerates.

<3

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

It seems to me they made something I'vent seen before - a world that feels alive and goes on without me.

^^he sums it up for me.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• laolsgesgelaolsgesge Member Posts: 9

Maybe you realize GW2 is not all that. 

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Originally posted by emperorwings

Lag has nothing at all to do with graphical quality. Lag != low/stuttering framerates.

Actually you are about forever too late to the party to be defining that term. He doesn't have to say graphical lag for us to know thats what he means. 

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

EVE Online is entirely different and not a singleplayer game - Just sayin :)

• ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264

from what i been hearing from ALOT of ppl GW2 is stricktly PvP oriented....the PvE gameplay is lacking and is only there to help get you "geared" for PvP....nothing new from GW1....still would take Camalot over GW2

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

I think it will be more of the same in and that the hype is through the roof, like SWTOR and TSW.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by cahenderson

I think it will be more of the same in and that the hype is through the roof, like SWTOR and TSW.

And you base this on...?

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

I can't believe your handle name isn't Forrest Gump, because you have it all figured out man.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417
    Originally posted by Creslin321

And you base this on...?

I would guess he based it on the hype. duh...

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Can't hype a game that comes after a successfiul game (GW1).

Seems like alot of people need to look up the definition of hype.

Originally posted by travamars

And you base this on...?

No...what does he base GW2 being more of the same on.  If he is saying that it is more of the same because it has hype...then uh...that makes no sense.

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

A kick in the groin isn't the same as a punch in the face, still doesn't mean either are any fun.

just being devil's advocate.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Everyone plays for thier own reasons and it's a great sign when people can drawn to only PvP or only PvE as their reason to play GW2. I happen to think the PvE is great and haven't stepped foot in PvP yet. I do think that your selling yourself short to play just on or the other. You could say that WvW is becoming more the all in one because of all the PvE content thy added but your still not getting the storyline or the full PvE experience. To each their own.
  • palpypalpy Member Posts: 16

Bullcrap, I never bought SWTOR even with all the hype. From watching vidz and reading about the game i knew exactly what it was, and that did not interest me. I will buy GW2 after watching vidz and reading about the game, because this game interests me. If you buy a game based  solely on hype your an idiot. Real mmo gamers do their research.

And why do people always throw EVE into these discussions.  You can't compare EVE to GW2, they are totally different. 

Originally posted by Aelious
    Everyone plays for thier own reasons and it's a great sign when people can drawn to only PvP or only PvE as their reason to play GW2. I happen to think the PvE is great and haven't stepped foot in PvP yet. I do think that your selling yourself short to play just on or the other. You could say that WvW is becoming more the all in one because of all the PvE content thy added but your still not getting the storyline or the full PvE experience. To each their own.

I also really think that the "world" is the star of the PvE content, and you miss that if you try to PvE only in WvW.  There are so many little hidden things to find in the world, can cool things to see...it is actually exciting to explore.

Just an example, earlier today I was wondering off the beaten path and found some cave with a sign that said "Warning Cave Troll."  And there was an NPC outside talking about runes in the cave or some such.  

So I went in the cave all non-chalant...picked up some rune I found on the ground...and all of a sudden a big ass Champion Cave Troll was all like "Gimme back by rune!!!!"  And I was like "OH CRAP!"  So I ran outside the cave with him entow, and trained him into a whole bunch of people doing a DE...it took us like 8 minutes to bring that bastard down...good times :).

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273
    Originally posted by travamars

And you base this on...?

No...what does he base GW2 being more of the same on.  If he is saying that it is more of the same because it has hype...then uh...that makes no sense.

I meant exactly what I said. "More of the same" in regards to the HYPE, not the game itself. Everyone is just about to cream their shorts in anticipation of GW2. Everyone is CONVINCED this game is going to be everything they've EVER WANTED in a game....

Just like SWTOR and TSW....

This discussion has been closed.