Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who watches e-sports? POLL

2»

Comments

• AWWREEAWNUHAWWREEAWNUH Member Posts: 15

aww )'; who hates e-sports?

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I watched the 1st year they televised the WoW arena championships, or whatever it was.

And it was the most boringist thing I ever watched. The announcers were total fucking idiots who barely knew the classes much less the spells/abilities/builds. And the few matches I tried to watch were just shitty little 20-30 seconds of "highlites" usally of the last guy getting killed.

I wanted to watch matches, from start to finish. Never tuned in again.

Now I do watch the Eve Alliance Tournament. And I actually look forward to them every year. And I will make plans to stay at home on those weekends, at those times to watch them.

Except for the joke that was last years finals. I will probably just watch up to the semi-finals.

Their commentators are smart, funny, intelligent, game savy, and sometimes assholes. But its all good. Love the pseudo-commericals. And the out right makeing fun of themselves that CCP does. And they usally sneak in something about WoD.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Very rarely.  Depends on the game really, and I guess the announcers. If I do sit down and watch some footage of a tournament of something it's mainly to get a feel for the game or get info about the game. Maybe even steal some strategies muhahaha. I can't watch too long though, usually just makes me want to go play the game, not watch it.

EDIT:  I just realized yeah like the poster above I do watch the Eve AT.  I usually know people in it and a couple times almost participated.  I've been in alliances that had teams and it's fun to work on plans/strats!

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by dominia

All the time, only Starcraft 2.

This, more or less.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I watch um.....LoL tournaments, UMVC3 tournaments...Umm...Not really dota 2 but I watched a few!

I dont watch SC2 tourneys either o.o 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

I'd rather spend my time in my MMO.

• AdiarisAdiaris Member CommonPosts: 381

Much like for football I'll only watch semi-finals/finals of big e-sports events.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

E-sports annoy me, because they are constantly pushing this absurd idea that gameplay has to be perfectly balanced.  That idea is fine for an RTS or an FPS.  For RPGs, it falls flat!

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

sorry but video games are not a sport.

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Oddly I can't stand watching normal sports on TV/Web (baseball, football, etc) because its boring as hell to me. I feel the same way about eSports. I would rather play a sport than watch it (unless its one of my kids/friends/family playing in it - then I will suffer through :P )

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"